• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Too much mayo’: Subway customer arrested after shooting 2 employees, killing 1 over sandwich order

Is this a typcal US-style shooting?

• yes

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • no

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • don't know

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
Another Good Guy With A Gun out there protecting people from the process of emulsification and too many calories. The freaking Gaul of people defending Subway Sandwich.
The owner said "a manager" returned fire. So there was "a good guy with a gun" present. (Would you doubt there would be in the United States? Especially in the South?)

The owner said "a manager" returned fire. So there was "a good guy with a gun" present. (Would you doubt there would be in the United States? Especially in the South?)
And the good guy missed.
The bad guy did not miss.
Why?

If they had been carrying guns maybe they wouldn't have been raped.
Sigh. So do you blame her rape on her short skirt or for her not packing heat?

And the good guy missed.
The bad guy did not miss.
Why?
I apologize, @Rumpel, but as this information was not broadcast on any station I viewed or written up in any tabloid I read, I cannot provide you with it. I will surrender my credentials as an investigative reporter. :)

I don't feel good either when I hear hop-hop or rap music.
Maybe it's the lyrics that glorify violence, hating cops, and the subjugation of women.
Do you think that has an effect on people who appear normally sane.?

If you don't like hip-hop, don't listen to it. Simple.

But don't falsely accuse it of causing murders.

That's good advice and I follow it.
But you may have noticed that young people of any color may love the provocative lyrics of hip-hop music. And because our youth today tends to be addicted to the latest trends, some of those tender minds could become influenced by what those lyrics are suggesting. Notice I am being kind when I refer to the behavior of young people who make headlines in the news.

That's good advice and I follow it.

Then stop there and don't say stupid shit like this:

But you may have noticed that young people of any color may love the provocative lyrics of hip-hop music. And because our youth today tends to be addicted to the latest trends, some of those tender minds could become influenced by what those lyrics are suggesting. Notice I am being kind when I refer to the behavior of young people who make headlines in the news.

It’s a musical style that glamorizes anti-social behavior, and reinforces the type of honor culture that leads to killings over being “dissed”

Nope.......although some Americans seem to think they can. Our customs officials confiscate more guns than any other item regulated by customs rules including alcohol and drugs.
OK. Mine was just a rhetorical question anyway.
I got stopped by the RCMP going to Calgary a few years ago and realized how strict they are at the border.
They didn't confiscate my bottle of Scotch which I thought was very fortunate.

Sounds like it:

"Atlanta police officers said that this was a case of someone with a gun who didn’t know how to resolve conflict without resorting to violence."

Some shootings could happen anywhere, but this one does seem like an only-in-America shooting. Some rando casually carries his gun into a fast food chain, gets mildly annoyed, and decides to use the gun. That wouldn't happen in any other country I've visited.

Yes in other countries it would have been a stabbing, so much better and more civilized

OK. Mine was just a rhetorical question anyway.
I got stopped by the RCMP going to Calgary a few years ago and realized how strict they are at the border.
They didn't confiscate my bottle of Scotch which I thought was very fortunate.
I knew it was ; )

Seriously though you won't believe how many Americans think they can bring their guns into Canada. It's particularly bad on the west coast with Americans driving through Canada to Alaska to hunt and fish.

Then stop there and don't say stupid shit like this:
I can understand if adults criticize you for being young and easily influenced.
It comes with the territory. You will live through it.
Just do what the cops tell you when you are stopped on the streets.
And don't resist arrest. That can be fatal.

I can understand if adults criticize you for being young and easily influenced.
It comes with the territory. You will live through it.
Just do what the cops tell you when you are stopped on the streets.
And don't resist arrest. That can be fatal.

Irrelevant divergence. Rap music is not the enemy, no matter how much you need it to be.

Yes in other countries it would have been a stabbing, so much better and more civilized
No in most other civilized countries it wouldn't have happened period. Not saying there are incidents just not in the numbers and frequency...by a long shot

Well thats just a stupid comment, but I will give you the chance to back it up. Give me the gun violence stats in 'deplorable' red areas of the country, then compare them to those same stats in the 'virtuous' no mans land areas of the deep, deep blue.

Moronic request.

Guns are used most frequently to threaten others. Fact. Look it up.

Yes, tough guys need guys to get there point across. What losers, no?

Irrelevant divergence. Rap music is not the enemy, no matter how much you need it to be.

The comments by the manager indicated that it was the neighborhood, not a choice of music. Should we find that comforting?

Doubtful. The only reason this happened was because an unstable guy carried his gun into a fast food restaurant, most likely with some paranoid fantasy of being the Good Guy With a Gun who would stop a robbery or something. And then he became the Bad Guy With a Gun, because people who think like this tend to have serious emotional problems.

To my knowledge, there's no equivalent fantasy of the Good Guy With a Knife that would prompt someone to walk into a Subway with a deadly weapon, unless they were already planning to cause trouble.

Getting into an argument over stupid shit and having it turn deadly due to easy access to weapons is very much an American phenomenon.

Doubtful. The only reason this happened was because an unstable guy carried his gun into a fast food restaurant, most likely with some paranoid fantasy of being the Good Guy With a Gun who would stop a robbery or something. And then he became the Bad Guy With a Gun, because people who think like this tend to have serious emotional problems.

To my knowledge, there's no equivalent fantasy of the Good Guy With a Knife that would prompt someone to walk into a Subway with a deadly weapon, unless they were already planning to cause trouble.

Getting into an argument over stupid shit and having it turn deadly due to easy access to weapons is very much an American phenomenon.

And before he shot, he was just another responsible gun owner.

Guess what. He was a typical gun owner.
Typical gun owners do stupid shit every day of the ****in week.

Ever been?
Yes. In fact, I lived in “Downtown Atlanta” for six years while I was at Ga Tech in undergrad… My mom’s side has been in the area since around 1903?

So, yes, I’ve been there personally. Quite a lot.

Yes. In fact, I lived in “Downtown Atlanta” for six years while I was at Ga Tech in undergrad… My mom’s side has been in the area since around 1903?
Georgia Tech is midtown, not downtown. You still get robbed at gunpoint. Still safer than it is further south.

Georgia Tech is midtown, not downtown. You still get robbed at gunpoint. Still safer than it is further south.
Seriously? You want to split hairs? Midtown isn’t “downtown” enough for you?

Do you know Clayton Co? College Park?

Good god, even “downtown” you can’t find a tiny apartment for less than 300k. My family’s house was in West End.

Frankly, I’m more scared driving up 75 or 85 through Deliverance country than I’ve ever been walking “downtown.”

No in most other civilized countries it wouldn't have happened period. Not saying there are incidents just not in the numbers and frequency...by a long shot

What exactly is the frequency of fast food related violence in the US and hiw does it compare to other countries?

Back
Top Bottom