• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Too much mayo’: Subway customer arrested after shooting 2 employees, killing 1 over sandwich order

Is this a typcal US-style shooting?

• yes

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • no

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • don't know

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
That is the brutal (though admittedly hurtful) truth.

IMHO opinion, there is NO solution to the problem.

Employees can only do their best to be as respectful as possible.

They should NEVER argue with customers.

Just smile and agree with anything they say.

Always use the honorifics of "sir" and "ma'am."

My deepest sympathies to the family of the victim.

All we can do is shake our heads.
Thoughts and prayers:rolleyes:

The criminals are already armed. The court simply pointed out the obvious--that you cant impose tests upon rights guaranteed in the Constitution. For example, you dont get the right to freedom of speech if you first demonstrate to the state the need to be able to speak freely.
No one is a criminal until they commit a crime.

Treat mass shootings as “the cost of doing business?” Refuse to consider reasonable parameters for who can/cannot carry a gun? An 18 year old is mature enough to purchase weapons but can’t handle a beer?
That hardly promotes a culture of death.:rolleyes: Most gun crimes are committed by people who are forbidden from possessing a firearm or are carrying an illegal weapon. That said, it is probably not a bad idea to raise the age of legal gun ownership to 21

You aren't a criminal until you are. A half cocked, testosterone laden jack ass may be just that until there is a gun on their hip.
No, you are a criminal if you in possession of a weapon you are not licensed to own.

"Cognition" - oh my. Don't you realize it's not at all PC to be discussing "cognition" these days?

Plus, next time you tell someone "It's not my problem if you can't figure out what I'm trying to say" - do take a moment to revisit what you just typed first.

Sure thing. Did you ever figure it out? Or are you still here blaming the messenger?

"Culture of death?" And, "start looking in the mirror?"

How about a little perspective here - and for the sake of discussion, let's compare "our" supposed pet policy (guns) with "your" pet policy (abortion).

Since 1973, the number of deaths by firearms has been roughly 1.53 million.
Since 1973, the number of deaths by abortion has been roughly 60 million

Heck, from 1980 to the early 1990's we were aborting more babies annually than all the firearm deaths combined since '73.

...and you expect US to start looking in the mirror??
Absolutely. We aren’t talking about abortions, here. Apples and oranges.

"Basic and Simple Public Execution" for these people who commit these type of crimes.

Criminals dont obey laws and non criminals do. Any other dumb questions?
That is not the answer to my question. That is defining what a criminal does. I did not ask you to do that. I asked how do you separate one from the other. Anymore dumb answers?

No, you are a criminal if you in possession of a weapon you are not licensed to own.
What in my post suggested that the "a half cocked, testosterone laden jack ass may be just that until there is a gun on their hip" wasn't licensed?

That is not the answer to my question. That is defining what a criminal does. I did not ask you to do that. I asked how do you separate one from the other. Anymore dumb answers?
??? How do you separate a criminal from a non criminal? That is your question? I answered that. A criminal breaks laws a non criminal follows laws. Is this news to you?

Poor ladies and families should sue Subway for not providing them with AR15's under the counter so they can have bigger guns than their customers.

‘Too much mayo’: Subway customer arrested after shooting 2 employees, killing 1 over sandwich order​

Question:

It's certainly not "typical" but it has happened before. Usually the shooter is someone that wasn't supposed to have a gun in the first place.

We have raised a culture of people in this nation that fully believe they are entitled to have the world function in exactly the way they want it to and if it doesn't then they are being "disrespected" and therefore justified in killing the person or people that made their day more difficult. Most people aren't that way but it is certainly becoming more common to see violent responses to minor inconveniences.

What in my post suggested that the "a half cocked, testosterone laden jack ass may be just that until there is a gun on their hip" wasn't licensed?
How often does that happen? There are lots of people licensed to carry. How many do what you live in such fear of?

Angry coward who shouldn't have a gun misuses gun horribly? Yeah, I'd say that's pretty damn American.

Angry coward who shouldn't have a gun misuses gun horribly? Yeah, I'd say that's pretty damn American.

Certain people who don't like being disrespected will outright kill you for it. They've been brainwashed by the hip hop culture so they think it's proper and expected.

Sadly, so too are racist rants about how it's all black peoples' fault anyway.

Absolutely. We aren’t talking about abortions, here. Apples and oranges.
We're talking "culture of death" - apples and oranges both die. Question is, how?

Your "culture of death" (abortion) beats out guns by a factor of nearly 40. And that doesn't even begin to address your culture of death to those whose ideals, beliefs, and worldview doesn't match yours.

So no... you can't pooh pooh that away by saying "it's not the same thing." The "culture of death" is on leftists everywhere and always has been (and always will be).

What have conservatives done to promote a 'culture of death?' t
Their mere existence, it seems, is sufficient to provoke the "need" for self defense. If you read through enough of these threads you'll soon discover that conservatives (Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger being the two exceptions) are subhuman scum that should not be allowed a presence in polite society.

Sure thing. Did you ever figure it out? Or are you still here blaming the messenger?
Did "I" ever figure it out?

It's not my problem if you can't figure out what I'm trying to say.

You're the one still trying to figure out what you're saying - when than happens, if it happens - let me know and I'll take another stab at seeing if the rest of us can figure it out too.

‘Too much mayo’: Subway customer arrested after shooting 2 employees, killing 1 over sandwich order​

Question:

Sadly yes. This is the same country that had a riot at a buffet style restaurant in Pennsylvania because someone cooked the steak wrong.

Certain people who don't like being disrespected will outright kill you for it. They've been brainwashed by the hip hop culture so they think it's proper and expected.
... and having a gun handy makes it possible to take action in those lethal moments of mental frailty and anger.

(corrected for accuracy and truth)

We're talking "culture of death" - apples and oranges both die. Question is, how?

Your "culture of death" (abortion) beats out guns by a factor of nearly 40. And that doesn't even begin to address your culture of death to those whose ideals, beliefs, and worldview doesn't match yours.

So no... you can't pooh pooh that away by saying "it's not the same thing." The "culture of death" is on leftists everywhere and always has been (and always will be).
Not even close to reality.

Guns affect the general public. More often lately, it’s completely random.

I don’t worry about being forced to have an abortion when I walk in a hospital.

Did "I" ever figure it out?

You're the one still trying to figure out what you're saying - when than happens, if it happens - let me know and I'll take another stab at seeing if the rest of us can figure it out too.

Seems you're the only one struggling, and with more than just a simple figure of speech.

Tata.

Back
Top Bottom