• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Too much mayo’: Subway customer arrested after shooting 2 employees, killing 1 over sandwich order

Is this a typcal US-style shooting?

• yes

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • no

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • don't know

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
And another question:

Will anybody learn anything from this incident?
Answer:

a) no, probably not
b) yes - the employees should also have had some guns - and better guns
You think those are the only two possible answers?

While I agree Subway is way too aggressive with their mayo, even when you say "light mayo" they somehow think that means to soak the sandwich in mayo, it's still not a shootable offense. Even if they took that sandwich and slapped me in the face with it, I wouldn't feel compelled to murder them. Some people are just crazy and have misplaced anger.
Pretty much.

The volatility of rage index has been rising for some time in America.

Generally speaking, education brings coping and debating skills that avoids the emotionL meltdown when confronted with conflict.

Again, my personal experiance, a verbal argument starts. The loser (generally less educated) becomes violent.

This is why deplorables are so tired to their guns. How else can they ever win a conflict?
Well thats just a stupid comment, but I will give you the chance to back it up. Give me the gun violence stats in 'deplorable' red areas of the country, then compare them to those same stats in the 'virtuous' no mans land areas of the deep, deep blue.

Speaking of "s-a, bs posts" - this one ranks right up there: assuming anybody who owns a gun is going to use it because they're too dumb or hyper to reason through a situation without one.

:poop:

[filing in the "You can't make this thit up" folder]

Not anybody, not all, but waaaay more than we, as a society, should be okay with.

Particularly the last few years. It’s become so in the US now most people just shrug it off when they see it on the news. I’m old enough to remember Columbine… the difference in public reaction to these events then vs. now is obvious to anyone who looks.

If conservatives want to wring their hands at a “culture of death,” they need to start looking in the mirror.

Another read flag customer.

Not anybody, not all, but waaaay more than we, as a society, should be okay with.

Particularly the last few years. It’s become so in the US now most people just shrug it off when they see it on the news. I’m old enough to remember Columbine… the difference in public reaction to these events then vs. now is obvious to anyone who looks.

If conservatives want to wring their hands at a “culture of death,” they need to start looking in the mirror.
What have conservatives done to promote a 'culture of death?' t

No doubt will see more and more of this type of "angry outburst gun violence" when every Tom, Dick and Harry can carry publicly without a proven need. Road rage and parking space disputs are now potentially lethal.

Certain people who don't like being disrespected will outright kill you for it. They've been brainwashed by the hip hop culture so they think it's proper and expected.
If you are so weak minded that hip hop culture can convince you to kill someone, then you are already deranged. Did superman convince you to put on a cape and try to fly? You can blame it on anything you want, but you cannot carry out your crazy ass intent if you don't have a gun. No other country in this world has to deal with this shit.

It's not my problem if you can't figure out what I'm trying to say.

That's on you. Try working on your cognition (you can look that up if it's too big a word for you).
"Cognition" - oh my. Don't you realize it's not at all PC to be discussing "cognition" these days?

Plus, next time you tell someone "It's not my problem if you can't figure out what I'm trying to say" - do take a moment to revisit what you just typed first.

‘Too much mayo’: Subway customer arrested after shooting 2 employees, killing 1 over sandwich order​

Question:

This is a typical shooting in the Biden economy. As prices rise and people has less disposable income these things become more frequent.

Thanks Joe

This is a typical shooting in the Biden economy. As prices rise and people has less disposable income these things become more frequent.

Thanks Joe

There were no shootings during the Trump administration.

UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Downtown Atlanta.

A month or so ago, someone just walked up behind a guy and shot him point blank in the back of the head, hoping he had some money in his wallet.

No respect for life whatsoever.
Ooh..*downtown* Atlanta. How scary 🙄

Why wouldn’t anyone expect to be shot doing perfectly normal things like sandwich making? I mean it’s “Downtown Atlanta,” amirite?

Not sure about typical, but I doubt very much that the entire actual issue was mayo.

I expect either there is considerably more to the story (like he had history with these people) or he was going through some entirely unrelated issues, and his rage got misdirected.

I think it's an important distinction, because we aren't helping the situation by scratching our heads about mayo.

There were no shootings during the Trump administration.

UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
The shootings that occurred during Trump's administration were left overs from Obama's economy.

Certain people who don't like being disrespected will outright kill you for it. They've been brainwashed by the hip hop culture so they think it's proper and expected.
Nah, this has been a thing since long before anyone conceived of hip hop.
There's always going to be a few people who are either crazy enough, or lack sufficient self-control, so that they end up shooting or killing other people over something that at best warrants a frown of disapproval.

They're the people who shouldn't own guns, ever.

But identifying them is not a simple matter.

What have conservatives done to promote a 'culture of death?' t
Treat mass shootings as “the cost of doing business?” Refuse to consider reasonable parameters for who can/cannot carry a gun? An 18 year old is mature enough to purchase weapons but can’t handle a beer?

Thanks Joe
I'm thinking a Subway Sub is disposable income. This has to be one of your most absurd posts.....and that's quite a feat.

No doubt will see more and more of this type of "angry outburst gun violence" when every Tom, Dick and Harry can carry publicly without a proven need. Road rage and parking space disputs are now potentially lethal.
The criminals are already armed. The court simply pointed out the obvious--that you cant impose tests upon rights guaranteed in the Constitution. For example, you dont get the right to freedom of speech if you first demonstrate to the state the need to be able to speak freely.

That is the brutal (though admittedly hurtful) truth.

IMHO opinion, there is NO solution to the problem.

Employees can only do their best to be as respectful as possible.

They should NEVER argue with customers.

Just smile and agree with anything they say.

Always use the honorifics of "sir" and "ma'am."

My deepest sympathies to the family of the victim.

All we can do is shake our heads.

The criminals are already armed. The court simply pointed out the obvious--that you cant impose tests upon rights guaranteed in the Constitution. For example, you dont get the right to freedom of speech if you first demonstrate to the state the need to be able to speak freely.
You aren't a criminal until you are. A half cocked, testosterone laden jack ass may be just that until there is a gun on their hip.

"Culture of death?" And, "start looking in the mirror?"

How about a little perspective here - and for the sake of discussion, let's compare "our" supposed pet policy (guns) with "your" pet policy (abortion).

Since 1973, the number of deaths by firearms has been roughly 1.53 million.
Since 1973, the number of deaths by abortion has been roughly 60 million

Heck, from 1980 to the early 1990's we were aborting more babies annually than all the firearm deaths combined since '73.

...and you expect US to start looking in the mirror??

Back
Top Bottom