• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

‘This is for Trayvon Martin’: 3 black men beat, rob white man in D.C......

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
This is for Trayvon Martin.”

That’s what one of three black men told a white man as they approached him early Saturday in Washington before committing what police are saying may be a hate crime, according to Metropolitan Police Officer Anthony Clay.

The men kicked the man, who was not identified, as they took his iPhone and wallet, the officer said Sunday, according to CNN. The victim suffered minor injuries and refused medical treatment.

There have been no arrests, but police are investigating the incident as a hate crime, the officer said.

Read more: 'This is for Trayvon Martin': 3 black men beat, rob white man in D.C. - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Yesterday.....in the Capitol. It would appear that more of these attacks are taking place. Also after Sharptones and Jacksons gatherings across the country. So who is stirring up the tensions the most?

That’s what one of three black men told a white man as they approached him early Saturday in Washington before committing what police are saying may be a hate crime, according to Metropolitan Police Officer Anthony Clay.

The men kicked the man, who was not identified, as they took his iPhone and wallet, the officer said Sunday, according to CNN. The victim suffered minor injuries and refused medical treatment.

There have been no arrests, but police are investigating the incident as a hate crime, the officer said.

Read more: 'This is for Trayvon Martin': 3 black men beat, rob white man in D.C. - Washington Times

Yesterday.....in the Capitol. It would appear that more of these attacks are taking place. Also after Sharptones and Jacksons gatherings across the country. So who is stirring up the tensions the most?

They stolen is phone and wallet. So they saw themselves as completing what Trayvon Martin failed to succeed at? Was that their point?

They stolen is phone and wallet. So they saw themselves as completing what Trayvon Martin failed to succeed at? Was that their point?

I think their point was that they were going to kick his ass. Then take his stuff. All in honor of Trayvon.

I heard about a marine that got jumped in Georgia too.

Haven't heard much on this around where I am at. Other than what is coming in from other states and or cities.

I think their point was that they were going to kick his ass. Then take his stuff. All in honor of Trayvon.

I heard about a marine that got jumped in Georgia too.

Haven't heard much on this around where I am at. Other than what is coming in from other states and or cities.

Yup that's the way to honor a teen who supposedly was walking around innocently with Skittles and a drink. :roll:

Remember what happened with the Rodney King verdict.

History does repeat, and human behavior is predictable.

Are people surprised at this? I'm not.

Those to whom evil is done, do evil in return. W.H. Auden. Too true.

Yup that's the way to honor a teen who supposedly was walking around innocently with Skittles and a drink. :roll:

Yeah, but Zimmerman is Mexican looking in appearance.....so I don't see the connection for them to go after some White Guy. Yelling this is for Trayvon.

It's not going to happen much around Chicago. That would bring out a host of other negative influences that people don't want to deal with. Which would just increase the violence around here, like adding gasoline to a fire.

Remember what happened with the Rodney King verdict.

History does repeat, and human behavior is predictable.

Are people surprised at this? I'm not.

Those to whom evil is done, do evil in return. W.H. Auden. Too true.

What evil was done to the perpetrators? Did they grow up in a bad home?

What evil was done to the perpetrators? Did they grow up in a bad home?

As a tribe, as a race, they were done wrong by the King verdict and by the Zimmerman verdict. That is not necessarily reality, but it is how humans PERCEIVE the political reality, like it or not.

As a tribe, as a race, they were done wrong by the King verdict and by the Zimmerman verdict. That is not necessarily reality, but it is how humans PERCEIVE the political reality, like it or not.

It had NOTHING to do with Trayvon Martin. They wanted his phone and wallet. Had Trayvon Martin never existed, they would have done exactly the same thing. But it is white-guilty liberal political correctness for you to make excuses and rationalizations for the violent robbers. Maybe you should explain how really they were 3 Robin Hoods robbing from the rich to give to the poor, ie themselves.

Last edited:
What is the odds of Holder looking into this case. Seems the person who was robbed must have had some civil right violated:mrgreen:

As far as justifying the robbery as some sort of "tribe" response to a perceived wrong, it only shows the total lack of respect for laws. Yea, lets hurt some innocent bystander because we don't like a verdict of some unrelated case. It shows the IQ of some are dropping badly in this country.:mrgreen:

What is the odds of Holder looking into this case. Seems the person who was robbed must have had some civil right violated:mrgreen:

As far as justifying the robbery as some sort of "tribe" response to a perceived wrong, it only shows the total lack of respect for laws. Yea, lets hurt some innocent bystander because we don't like a verdict of some unrelated case. It shows the IQ of some are dropping badly in this country.:mrgreen:

Also shows that the president, even though many gave him accolades on his comments regarding this case, has really only disaffected whites and Latinos, catered to his "community" while dividing the rest of us... I thought his mission was to unite us? I never much felt confident that is what he was really trying to do, just like the Sandy Hook stuff, he was more concerned about taking people's second amendment rights away. He and Holder have not been much better than Jesse and Al as far as I am concerned... and that is not how he is supposed to conduct himself as our President.

Much more of this kind of thing starts to happen and I will apply for a concealed weapons permit and stand my ground.

It had NOTHING to do with Trayvon Martin. They wanted his phone and wallet. Had Trayvon Martin never existed, they would have done exactly the same thing. But it is white-guilty liberal political correctness for you to make excuses and rationalizations for the violent robbers. Maybe you should explain how really they were 3 Robin Hoods robbing from the rich to give to the poor, ie themselves.

So how would they know he had anything in his wallet.....plus some cell phones aint worth much?

Let me guess: uuuuhm.....lemmeesee ......gee......ya know: mebbe the white dude did provoke them three homies, anything is possible.

Last edited:

So the first sentence in post #1 on this thread was false?

Sorry, I was assuming it was accurate.

A total lack of respect for the law permeates this country today. Recall that Bush violated the Fourth Amendment back in 2003, and the NYT sat on the story for a year. Recall that Bush was never punished for breaking the law.

Recall that Obama governs and breaks the law like Bush on steroids.

As Louis Brandeis noted in his dissent in the Olmstead case about 100 years ago, when the government breaks the law, it sets an example for the people, and thereby encourages law breaking.

A total lack of respect for the law permeates this country today. Recall that Bush violated the Fourth Amendment back in 2003, and the NYT sat on the story for a year. Recall that Bush was never punished for breaking the law.

Recall that Obama governs and breaks the law like Bush on steroids.

As Louis Brandeis noted in his dissent in the Olmstead case about 100 years ago, when the government breaks the law, it sets an example for the people, and thereby encourages law breaking.

I don't use politicians as role models. Why should you? If a person is not smart enough to realize when politician broke the law is not an excuse for them to break the law, then we have major problems.

As far as Bush or Obama. maybe not enough citizens give a damn about they did. If the majority called for them to be punished, they most likely would. (if it can be proven beyond a reasonalbe doubt they broke the law). imo, Too many times people use emotion and political beliefs to interpret the law.

Mmmkay. From now on I'm going to assume that any stranger who approaches me and utters the words "for Trayvon" is about to violent-felony on me, and begin to respond accordingly.

Mmmkay. From now on I'm going to assume that any stranger who approaches me and utters the words "for Trayvon" is about to violent-felony on me, and begin to respond accordingly.

You know what they say my brutha. To be aware.....is to be alive.
yo2.gif

They stolen is phone and wallet. So they saw themselves as completing what Trayvon Martin failed to succeed at?
Was that their point?

Maybe you should ask them if you can locate them.

Their statements could be interpreted as meaning that they intend to give the stolen things to Trayvon Martin, but i don't know what use a dead person has for them.

These hoodlums did what they did because they wanted some cash, it had nothing to do with Trayvon Martin.

What is the odds of Holder looking into this case.
Seems the person who was robbed must have had some civil right violated
:mrgreen:

The police are treating it as a hate crime.

These hoodlums did what they did because they wanted some cash, it had nothing to do with Trayvon Martin.

Heya SN. :2wave: So then why yell out this is for Trayvon then?

The police are treating it as a hate crime.

Not the same as Holder's office looking into it.

The police and FBI looked into the race part of GZ/TM case did they not? They found no merit. Yet after the verdict, here comes Holder, we got to look into if GZ violated TM rights.

I will agree that the punks were looking for money.

Back
Top Bottom