• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘The sound of money’: Wind energy is booming in deep-red Republican states

Sorry for not being able to keep up with a volume poster due to having other things going on.
Yeah you have a hard time responding to more than one post a week, we get it.

Yeah you have a hard time responding to more than one post a week, we get it.

Vacations are a thing. Especially from disenguous internet folks.

Vacations are a thing. Especially from disenguous internet folks.
Taking a vacation once a week is not a good sign, dude. :LOL:

I think maybe you misunderstood the comment.

With Wind and Solar they have a very uneven power production throughout the day.
The replacement needs to fill in the gaps when there is still a demand, but the sources are not producing.
This could be via energy storage, but battery technology is not up to that task yet.
Profiles of load, wind, and solar power during one day

View attachment 67399192

I didn't misunderstand anything. You throw more of your own crap against the wall, hoping it sticks. But diarrhea just slides down with no substance remaining. Your own word "yet" is the only sensible thing you said. Battery tech is improving rapidly. We will always have and use oil until we literally run out. We will have more and more of our energy coming from wind and solar. That's where the money is going. Private industry and the free market at work.

I didn't misunderstand anything. You throw more of your own crap against the wall, hoping it sticks. But diarrhea just slides down with no substance remaining. Your own word "yet" is the only sensible thing you said. Battery tech is improving rapidly. We will always have and use oil until we literally run out. We will have more and more of our energy coming from wind and solar. That's where the money is going. Private industry and the free market at work.
It is not a question of what sticks, wind and solar alone cannot meet the 100% duty cycle demands of a modern society!
Also battery technology is not improving rapidly,
and short of a major advance, is not likely to improve energy density much.

It is not a question of what sticks, wind and solar alone cannot meet the 100% duty cycle demands of a modern society!
Also battery technology is not improving rapidly,
and short of a major advance, is not likely to improve energy density much.

I've never disagreed with your first sentence.

Improving tech:

"For the foreseeable future, the improvement of battery technology relies on modifications being made to already-existing lithium-ion technology. In fact, experts estimate that lithium-ions will continue to increase capacity by 6-7% annually for a number of years."

Improving energy density:

"Li-ion-Manganese-Cobalt (NMC) batteries, which have a good balance of energy density and power and comprise much of the present growth in battery electric vehicles in the automotive sector."

What is your evidence otherwise?

I've never disagreed with your first sentence.

Improving tech:

"For the foreseeable future, the improvement of battery technology relies on modifications being made to already-existing lithium-ion technology. In fact, experts estimate that lithium-ions will continue to increase capacity by 6-7% annually for a number of years."

Improving energy density:

"Li-ion-Manganese-Cobalt (NMC) batteries, which have a good balance of energy density and power and comprise much of the present growth in battery electric vehicles in the automotive sector."

What is your evidence otherwise?
I am not sure if saying "lithium-ions will continue to increase capacity by 6-7% annually for a number of years."
is the same as saying that lithium-ion batteries will improve their energy density?
The article mentions specific energy, but does not say they expect the specific energy of lithium-ion batteries to increase,
but only shows where we need to be.
1660571529584.png

Back
Top Bottom