• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘The Bullet Box’ Is an Option If the Ballot Box Fails, Says Gun-Rights Advocate

What would make them nutjobs is not the second amendment and what its for.. (which is the ability to rebel against a tyrannical federal government)..

What makes them nutjobs is being a white supremacist, or thinking that OBama is the anti Christ.

Questions beyond my pay grade and understanding.......

No I think if folks think the 2A was included in the Bill of Rights allowing revolution to take down the legally elected government just because yall don't like the government are @$$holes who deserve long sentences in jail if they try that kind of BS

Has it occurred to you that the whole reason the Constitution was adopted is because we had just finished 8 years taking down a government we didn't like?

Has it occurred to you that the whole reason the Constitution was adopted is because we had just finished 8 years taking down a government we didn't like?

Is that the reason? But I see little of what that has to do with the subject being discussed...............more RW fuzzy "stream of consciousness" thinking?

The 2A was put there to justify threatening insurrection if the gubbermint is not to your liking?

I know this is difficult for you to accept, but yes, that is exactly what the 2nd Amendment was written for. That is why the right to keep and bear arms is a fundamental human right.

Democracy does not justify allowing the majority to trample the minority's rights, and an armed populace is a safeguard against that.

I know this is difficult for you to accept, but yes, that is exactly what the 2nd Amendment was written for. That is why the right to keep and bear arms is a fundamental human right.

Democracy does not justify allowing the majority to trample the minority's rights, and an armed populace is a safeguard against that.

If you really want to know why the 2A was written...........

It was a concession to S.C. to get their vote to ratify the Constitution..........it was designed to allow the formation and arming local slave patrols to round up escaped slaves............That's the real history and why of the 2 A............

How do you like them apples Ollie?

And none of the other high minded ideas of human rights and fundamental human rights.....or to rebel against a government some folks do not like...............No............it was for the protection of the slave owners "property rights...........

Last edited:
If you really want to know why the 2A was written...........

It was a concession to S.C. to get their vote to ratify the Constitution..........it was designed to allow the formation and arming local slave patrols to round up escaped slaves............That's the real history and why of the 2 A............

How do you like them apples Ollie?

And none of the other high minded ideas of human rights and fundamental human rights.....or to rebel against a government some folks do not like...............No............it was for the protection of the slave owners "property rights...........

I'm sure you have a link for that.

I'm sure you have a link for that.

I think you have a better chance of someone telling you where Jimmy Hoffa's remains are than get a link supporting that crap. It has no support among serious legal scholars. Its the BS of a clown named Bogus who graduated from a third rate law school and teaches at a fourth rate one. Since so many of the founders were both slave owners and leaders of the government, why would they worry about disarming themselves?

Now parts of the constitution were based on the slavery institution. As Professor Amar notes in several of his books including "The LAW OF THE LAND" the electoral college was designed to keep the southern states competitive since if electoral votes were based purely on voting citizens, the south would have lost several of the elections it won. PA had more free voters than VA but VA had more electoral college votes due to the 3/5 concession to the slave states. However, Professor Amar and the other major legal scholars have not bought into the Bogus bogus claims Why would free states such as Vermont, Ct, NY, and Mass support such a thing?

First link is to Truth-out, so the bias is pretty clear. I didn't see anything to definitively support your premise, just lots of opinion.

Ya Think?

Too hard to take?..............Denial is one rather immature coping mechanism.........But what is......is......

And if you knew the history, feelings and fears of the times......as in a read study of history...it would come into focus and make sense why the Second Amendment was so important to the southern slave states......

But given the closed and claptrap minds we seem to have too many of here I am sure there is no way of cracking into the denial...........

Yall may not like what the real deal is......but just saying it ain't true............. .its all opinion........claiming a few sources is biased ......crap........ is not challenging the information posted.............All yall you have posted is opinion based upon what you do not want to believe as true..........

It is not my premise.............it is history pal..........
TS boys............it is what it is and yall cannot rewrite history..........

First link is to Truth-out, so the bias is pretty clear. I didn't see anything to definitively support your premise, just lots of opinion.

he cannot find a single major league law professor that bought this crap. Bogus spewed this fecal idiocy back before Heller in an attempt to counter the rising tide of LIBERAL law professors who were finally taking the second amendment seriously and finding that the anti gun nonsense was just that. Sanford Levinson's seminal "The Embarrassing Second Amendment" (Yale Law Journal Volume 99, 637-659, 1989) and then Harvard's Laurence Tribe noting that the second amendment did invoke an individual right. Bogus, a hard core gun hater was trying to give the anti gun scum in office something to counter those major league law professors. Most of the big name legal scholars didn't even respond to the Bogus BS and with Heller, it became a forgotten bastard of constitutional scholarship

Ya Think?

Too hard to take?..............Denial is one rather immature coping mechanism.........But what is......is......

And if you knew the history, feelings and fears of the times......as in a read study of history...it would come into focus and make sense why the Second Amendment was so important to the southern slave states......

But given the closed and claptrap minds we seem to have too many of here I am sure there is no way of cracking into the denial...........

Yall may not like what the real deal is......but just saying it ain't true............. .its all opinion........claiming a few sources is biased ......crap........ is not challenging the information posted.............All yall you have posted is opinion based upon what you do not want to believe as true..........

if your take on history was correct, there would be all sorts of historians and major league constitutional professors backing the Bogus BS up

guess what-there is none

and anyone with a scintilla of honesty knows that a nation that had just divorced itself from a dictatorial monarchy by force of arms, would cherish armed citizens based on that common experience-a common experience that was universal from Maine to George, Massachusetts to South Carolina or Connecticut to Virginia rather than this parochial nonsense that it was something the slave states concocted and managed to hoodwink the free states into accepting

Some folks just will never learn.............

All Hat....No cattle

I think the expression is........

And the reason why some folks wonder why it is..................is because they just don't know squat of which they speak...........If you do not have an idea of what you're speaking about.........It is really confusing and so yall end up asking silly questions.............

Last edited:
Ya Think?

I think you know what you can do with your childish insults.

Some folks just will never learn.............

All Hat....No cattle

I think the expression is........

your posts have demonstrated you have not learned anything about this topic. You post discredited opinion pieces as if they are either factually based or accepted by mainstream scholars. then again, you aren't even honest about your lean so its no surprise that yor claims on this issue are bogus

Sorry............There were no insults written or intended........ Just a forceful presentation....sorry if it offended your delicate personality............:)

........full of crap........................his

..................arguments are

.................................annoying writing style

detracts..................from the ....................almost non.........existent

......................................merit..................in his posts...

More noise from the Peanut gallery I see..........:lamo

REALLY.....have we lowered thy self to that as a rebuttal............:rofl

if your take on history was correct, there would be all sorts of historians and major league constitutional professors backing the Bogus BS up

guess what-there is none

and anyone with a scintilla of honesty knows that a nation that had just divorced itself from a dictatorial monarchy by force of arms, would cherish armed citizens based on that common experience-a common experience that was universal from Maine to George, Massachusetts to South Carolina or Connecticut to Virginia rather than this parochial nonsense that it was something the slave states concocted and managed to hoodwink the free states into accepting
Amazing that people will happily discard known writings of the founders in favor of unsuppported conspiracy theories when they support their agenda.

Sorry............There were no insults written or intended........ Just a forceful presentation....sorry if it offended your delicate personality............:)
Not delicate at all, just tired of crap like yours.

This crap you spew is based on the source of the crap

As Dr. Carl T. Bogus wrote for the University of California Law Review in 1998

True.

One merely need look to one of the big three States who pushed ardently for the Second Amendment: New York.

Was New York a "slave state?" No. Yet here is the Second Amendment proposal submitted by the New York Ratification Convention:

That the people have a right to keep and bear arms; that a well-regulated militia, including the body of the people capable of bearing arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state.

Bill of Rights: New York Ratification of Constitution

That was back before NYC became the hotbed of gun control it is today.

Dr. Bogus' argument presumes too much on Southern fears of slave insurrections, and ignores the then very real fear of any centralized government control of the military.

Most of the States had gun-rights amendments in their own State Constitutions prior to the ratification debates about a Federal Constitution. Not all were southern slave-holding states.

Yet this "slave patrol = militia" argument attracts gun control advocates in droves, trying like most statist arguments to cast aspersions on anything related to an individual's natural rights.

Last edited:
More noise from the Peanut gallery I see..........:lamo

REALLY.....have we lowered thy self to that as a rebuttal............:rofl
Hoenstly, it's more than your posts deserve.

True.

One merely need look to one of the big three States who pushed ardently for the Second Amendment: New York.

Was New York a "slave state?" No. Yet here is the Second Amendment proposal submitted by the New York Ratification Convention:

Bill of Rights: New York Ratification of Constitution

That was back before NYC became the hotbed of gun control it is today.

Dr. Bogus' argument presumes too much on Southern fears of slave insurrections, and ignores the then very real fear of any centralized government control of the military.

Most of the States had gun-rights amendments in their own State Constitutions prior to the ratification debates about a Federal Constitution. Not all were southern slave-holding states.

I asked Professor Amar about this and he said there was no evidence of this since as you noted, the NYS delegates were hard core pro gun advocates. IN FACT there was no dissent concerning gun rights. ONE CANNOT FIND a single document from ANY founder, ratifier, delegate to the CC that suggests something OTHER than an INDIVIDUAL right

Back
Top Bottom