• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Not too good’: Trump rips Mattis’s performance as the Pentagon seeks stability

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...op-table-main_pentagon-3pm:homepage/story-ans

“What’s he done for me? How has he done in Afghanistan? Not too good. Not too good,” Trump said during a Cabinet meeting, with Shanahan seated to his left. “I’m not happy with what he’s done in Afghanistan, and I shouldn’t be happy.”

Trump added: “As you know, President Obama fired him, and essentially so did I.

Does any Trump supporter believe Trump fired Mattis? Come on down

We will have the crew of, I (JANFU) despises Trump, not really a secret
We will have the crew that will refer to Obama's issues with Mattis, announcing his replacement without notifying Mattis. That sucked, despicable action by Obama to say the least.

Now there is no doubt I despise the Carnival Barker, so that will be thrown about, not only me, but others that think Trump is a disaster will have that drivel repeated as rebuttals.

What About This Way over there, years ago, Obama and not related to the OP, what some consider rebuttals, well there should be a lot of that crap

Tell me it ain't so Joe?

Last edited:
By "essentially", he meant the moment he told him to pack his things and get out before years end. It had nothing to do with his performance, and everything to do with the resignation letter that make Donnie look like a doofus.

He also said that he would have made a good general. This imbecile has no clue that that is not something daddy buys him.

Mattis is the first human being to exit this sorry story with almost all his dignity intact. Everybody believes* that he served as honorably as he could have, and Trump's insults mean nothing because nobody believes a word he says anyway.

*Right or wrong, we won't know that til the tell-all finally comes out on Netflix in ten years.

Mattis is the first human being to exit this sorry story with almost all his dignity intact. Everybody believes* that he served as honorably as he could have, and Trump's insults mean nothing because nobody believes a word he says anyway.

*Right or wrong, we won't know that til the tell-all finally comes out on Netflix in ten years.

I get the feeling he will either seal his personal notes for a lengthy period of time or ensure they are destroyed.
Me I go with the lengthy period of time, and he will not write a tell all book in his lifetime

I get the feeling he will either seal his personal notes for a lengthy period of time or ensure they are destroyed.
Me I go with the lengthy period of time, and he will not write a tell all book in his lifetime

You're probably right.

He also said that he would have made a good general. This imbecile has no clue that that is not something daddy buys him.
I seem to remember this little thing called the Vietnam War that Trump did his best to get out of. If he had military ambitions, that would have been the time to test his mettle. No, but General Bone Spurs didn't want to serve.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...op-table-main_pentagon-3pm:homepage/story-ans

Does any Trump supporter believe Trump fired Mattis? Come on down

We will have the crew of, I (JANFU) despises Trump, not really a secret
We will have the crew that will refer to Obama's issues with Mattis, announcing his replacement without notifying Mattis. That sucked, despicable action by Obama to say the least.

Now there is no doubt I despise the Carnival Barker, so that will be thrown about, not only me, but others that think Trump is a disaster will have that drivel repeated as rebuttals.

What About This Way over there, years ago, Obama and not related to the OP, what some consider rebuttals, well there should be a lot of that crap

Tell me it ain't so Joe?

Lets see, Mattis had indicated in the letter of resignation that he would remain until the end of February to assist in the transition to his successor. “ Guess what Mattis is gone as of January 1st not at the end of February. Yep Trump fired Mattis from staying on.

I would be astonished if Trump keeps personal notes. I also can’t imagine him having an assistant keeping the minutes of his meetings unless it is mandated by law, and even then...

Lets see, Mattis had indicated in the letter of resignation that he would remain until the end of February to assist in the transition to his successor. “ Guess what Mattis is gone as of January 1st not at the end of February. Yep Trump fired Mattis from staying on.

Let me guess: you believe that makes Trump look good.

Dv3BpKCX4AA3KPa.jpg

I seem to remember this little thing called the Vietnam War that Trump did his best to get out of. If he had military ambitions, that would have been the time to test his mettle. No, but General Bone Spurs didn't want to serve.

I seem to remember your Bubba Clinton was a draft dodger. But General Scumbag Clinton didn't want to serve.

Let me guess: you believe that makes Trump look good.

View attachment 67247182

Sorry that just reminded me of this :lamo

013l.jpg

So if you turn in your two week notice at work and your boss lets you go before that two weeks, does that mean you were fired?

No, giving notice is a courtesy when you quit. The boss can accept that courtesy or not.

That actually made sense. Bravo!

Now, how about Trump's Mattis bull? He thinks Sec. Def. exists to do him favors, and he hires someone when his reason for firing that person is that Obama fired him (aka, allowed him to resign....but then "we don't know that", anonymous sources, yadda yadda right?)

Trump's whole disjointed tirade did the US standing in the world yet another massive disservice. There's some scary **** in his self-pitying ramblings.

“ if @obama is allowed to do what he did on DACA then I am allowed to do whatever I want to do on things that probably a president doesn’t have the right to do”

Is a warning that they better be ready with the meds if not the strait-suit.

So if you turn in your two week notice at work and your boss lets you go before that two weeks, does that mean you were fired?

No, giving notice is a courtesy when you quit. The boss can accept that courtesy or not.

A courtesy but not mandatory, when a person quits it can be that moment, "I quit and I'm leaving now" Mattis did not want to do that, he wanted to stay on, so Trump fired him because Trump didn't want him to **** things up more. Simple to understand

I would be astonished if Trump keeps personal notes. I also can’t imagine him having an assistant keeping the minutes of his meetings unless it is mandated by law, and even then...

Dude tears up important documents and hates to read. Astonishment would be the least of it.

I was referring to Mattis

A courtesy but not mandatory, when a person quits it can be that moment, "I quit and I'm leaving now" Mattis did not want to do that, he wanted to say on, so Trump fired him because Trump didn't want him to **** things up more. Simple to understand

Yes, simple it is.

I seem to remember your Bubba Clinton was a draft dodger. But General Scumbag Clinton didn't want to serve.

Refering to Clintons military deferments in no way detracts from Trumps doctors note. I find it odd those bone spurs did not prevent Trump from playing college sports or kicking up his heels at Studio 54, dont you ?

Yeah... becoming a good General would require that he didn't automatically generate bone spurs to dodge going in the military that would make one a general.

He's such a ****ing idiot.

Last edited:

I seem to remember that unlike Trump, Bill Clinton didn't attend a military academy where it's expected that you will serve after graduating. Clinton was also a Rhodes scholar and Rhodes scholars getting special consideration was by no means unusual at the time.

Back
Top Bottom