• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘My whole town practically lived there’: From Costa Rica to New Jersey, a pipeline of illegal worker

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
For the paywall challenged and the reading challenged: Trump paid them $8/hour to operate heavy equipment. No benefits. A licensed, legal operator would have cost him $51/hour, including benefits. Trump has employed a whole town full of illegal immigrants in the state of NJ.

The Washington Post spoke with 16 men and women from Costa Rica and other Latin American countries, including six in Santa Teresa de Cajon, who said they were employed at the Trump National Golf Club Bedminster. All of them said they worked for Trump without legal status — and that their managers knew.

The former employees who still live in New Jersey provided pay slips documenting their work at the Bedminster club. They identified friends and relatives in Costa Rica who also were employed at the course. In Costa Rica, The Post located former workers in two regions who provided detailed accounts of their time at the Bedminster property and shared memorabilia they had kept, such as Trump-branded golf tees, as well as photos of themselves at the club.

Soon after Trump broke ground at Bedminster in 2002 with a golden shovel, this village emerged as a wellspring of low-paid labor for the private club, which charges tens of thousands of dollars to join. Over the years, dozens of workers from Costa Rica went north to fill jobs as groundskeepers, housekeepers and dishwashers at Bedminster, former employees said. The club hired others from El Salvador, Mexico and Guatemala who spoke to The Post.Many ended up in the blue-collar borough of Bound Brook, N.J., piling into vans before dawn to head to the course each morning.

Their descriptions of Bedminster’s long reliance on illegal workers are bolstered by a newly obtained police report showing that the club’s head of security was told in 2011 about an employee suspected of using false identification papers — the first known documentation of a warning to the Trump Organization about the legal status of a worker.

Other supervisors received similar flags over the years, including Bedminster’s general manager, who was told by a worker from Ecuador several years ago that she entered the country illegally, the employee said.

‘My whole town practically lived there’: From Costa Rica to New Jersey, a pipeline of illegal workers for Trump goes back years

But, hey, he's helping make it possible to overturn Roe v. Wade. Nothing else matters.

For the paywall challenged and the reading challenged: Trump paid them $8/hour to operate heavy equipment. No benefits. A licensed, legal operator would have cost him $51/hour, including benefits. Trump has employed a whole town full of illegal immigrants in the state of NJ.

‘My whole town practically lived there’: From Costa Rica to New Jersey, a pipeline of illegal workers for Trump goes back years

Are you upset because Trump didn't know or because he's a big tipper?

They lied and provided false documentation. How else do you think they get jobs?

For those who don't **** about this subject, the "managers" are generally illegals or any other Spanish speaker who also speak English.

Last edited:
Not surprising that Trump would use extensive illegal labor, it served him to do so. It serves him now to denounce illegal immigration, but I don't think any of his plans will actually address anything like this. It's all political kabuki theater to keep from actually doing anything that would hurt any of the rich businessmen who employ all the illegal labor that makes America such an attractive place to sneak into.

They lied and provided false documentation. How else do you think they get jobs?

For those who don't **** about this subject, the "managers" are generally illegals or any other Spanish speaker who also speak English.

So, IOW, Trump is a pathologically dishonest con-man and whore.

Are you upset because Trump didn't know or because he's a big tipper?

Your arguments are both wrong.

1. Trump didn't tip anybody. WTF are you even talking about?

2. It's been known that the Trump clubs either covered up the incidents or downright participated in the incident. Trump just fired all these workers b/c the investigators were closing in. Even the most conspiracy theory minded people would have to ask themselves why.

Attachments

• Yawning.jpg
    Yawning.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 126
Another slow day in TDS ville

This? NO....It's a slow news day...Just the President being a hypocrite participating in the very play for pay lottery schemes he tells you you should be against and forcing illegal aliens to work in unsafe conditions with horrible bosses. Yup nothing to worry your little MAGA cap about. Hope you remember to do your tax returns. #Winning?

"Trump was also known for his occasional largesse. The housekeepers who cleaned his villa noted neat stacks of $20, $50 and $100 bills on his bedside table, which Trump would dole out as tips as he golfed or strolled the grounds. He would sometimes warmly greet employees and compliment them as he inspected their work. "

Don't you read your own links?

"Trump was also known for his occasional largesse. The housekeepers who cleaned his villa noted neat stacks of $20, $50 and $100 bills on his bedside table, which Trump would dole out as tips as he golfed or strolled the grounds. He would sometimes warmly greet employees and compliment them as he inspected their work. "

Don't you read your own links?

Oh so he's paying them back in tips. Got it... :roll:

2. It's been known that the Trump clubs either covered up the incidents or downright participated in the incident. Trump just fired all these workers b/c the investigators were closing in. Even the most conspiracy theory minded people would have to ask themselves why.

I'm glad they did. I doubt Trump or his family had any hand in hiring them in the first place.

But, hey, he's helping make it possible to overturn Roe v. Wade. Nothing else matters.

He most likely would not be if his gun could still shoot a live round.

I'm glad they did. I doubt Trump or his family had any hand in hiring them in the first place.

That you excuse his businesses hiring illegals, which -he has oversight of- and -responsibility for- is hilarious.

Hypocrites, everywhere.

That you excuse his businesses hiring illegals, which -he has oversight of- and -responsibility for- is hilarious.

Hypocrites, everywhere.

Even with E Verify, many legit businesses can't identify who's legal and who's not. Don't let your hatred for Trump cloud your judgement for this issue.

Even with E Verify, many legit businesses can't identify who's legal and who's not. Don't let your hatred for Trump cloud your judgement for this issue.

The same could be said for the wall (with regards to stopping everyone).

Wrong. My judgement of trump is not clouded by anything. You and I both know you're being hypocritical in giving him the pass here.

The same could be said for the wall (with regards to stopping everyone).

The wall won't work. We already know that. The republican appeals to common sense is a logical fallacy.

Wrong. My judgement of trump is not clouded by anything. You and I both know you're being hypocritical in giving him the pass here.

Then you're just ignorant of how it works. Read up on how effective E-verify is and get back to me.

Back
Top Bottom