• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Marijuana mansion’ made to be a stoner’s paradise sells for $44M

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

This 50,000-square-foot compound in Brentwood — one of Los Angeles’ five specialized “marijuana mansions” — was designed and marketed with a rooftop pot garden and amenities that make it a stoner’s paradise.

However, the marijuana plants were removed prior to closing at the new owner’s request, a listing broker representative told The Post, though the home’s stoner delights remain.

The 10,000-square-foot rooftop deck was offered with six cannabis plants tended by a dedicated budtender, according to the press release.
=================================================
I think budtender might be a new word, at least to me.

Well usually budtender means the person selling it to you at the store, and grower would be the person growing it. Only 6 plants!

This 50,000-square-foot compound in Brentwood — one of Los Angeles’ five specialized “marijuana mansions” — was designed and marketed with a rooftop pot garden and amenities that make it a stoner’s paradise.

However, the marijuana plants were removed prior to closing at the new owner’s request, a listing broker representative told The Post, though the home’s stoner delights remain.

The 10,000-square-foot rooftop deck was offered with six cannabis plants tended by a dedicated budtender, according to the press release.
=================================================
I think budtender might be a new word, at least to me.

600 feet South of the very last house my folks lived in before the old man died in a car accident. (1986)
The old parental home isn't there anymore, replaced by a McMansion back around 1998.
And this place that just sold, that wasn't there either....the spot it sits on used to host an equally antiquated Bel-Air style house built in the 1920's, so obviously that old home is also gone.

600 feet South of the very last house my folks lived in before the old man died in a car accident. (1986)
The old parental home isn't there anymore, replaced by a McMansion back around 1998.
And this place that just sold, that wasn't there either....the spot it sits on used to host an equally antiquated Bel-Air style house built in the 1920's, so obviously that old home is also gone.
Looking at the price tag, that might have been good land to hang-on to!

Nostrati holds that cannabis smoking rooms are going to be the new cigar room.

He might be right!

Looking at the price tag, that might have been good land to hang-on to!

The Moms made a pretty decent profit off the sale of their house up there on that hill.
It sure as heck wasn't a 10 thousand SF mansion, more like a 3000 SF pre-WW2 old Hollywood style home.
I was actually shocked that the buyer did an immediate teardown, that home was beautifully appointed but the McMansion that sits there now is four times the square footage.

Could never live in a "house" like that.... sheesh....

Back
Top Bottom