• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Like Armageddon’: Rotting food, dead animals and chaos at postal facilities amid cutbacks

beefheart

Ice Cream for Crow?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
When you try to suppress voters by wreaking havoc with the post office, bad things happen.

All so that the little dictator can cheat.

USPS: Dead animals, rotting food, and chaos amid cutbacks - Los Angeles Times

‘Like Armageddon’: Rotting food, dead animals and chaos at postal facilities amid cutbacks

By Laura J. Nelson, Maya Lau
Aug. 20, 2020
11:07 AM

Six weeks ago, U.S. Postal Service workers in the high desert town of Tehachapi, Calif., began to notice crates of mail sitting in the post office in the early morning that should have been shipped out for delivery the night before.

At a mail processing facility in Santa Clarita in July, workers discovered that their automated sorting machines had been disabled and padlocked.

And inside a massive mail-sorting facility in South Los Angeles, workers fell so far behind processing packages that by early August, gnats and rodents were swarming around containers of rotted fruit and meat, and baby chicks were dead inside their boxes.

Accounts of conditions from employees at California mail facilities provide a glimpse of what some say are the consequences of widespread cutbacks in staffing and equipment recently imposed by the postal service.

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, responding to a national outcry over service disruptions and fears of voter disenfranchisement, said this week he would suspend many planned changes until after the election. But postal workers say significant damage has already been done, including the removal of mail-sorting machines, which may not be replaced.

While the long-term effect of the cuts on U.S. mail service is unclear, the evidence of serious disruptions appears to be mounting, according to postal employees interviewed by The Times as well as customers, lawmakers and union leaders.

When you try to suppress voters by wreaking havoc with the post office, bad things happen.

All so that the little dictator can cheat.

USPS: Dead animals, rotting food, and chaos amid cutbacks - Los Angeles Times

Got to get rid of the post office if people want to vote by mail. Vote by mail might increase the voter turn out and make it more difficult for Trump to win.

I thought they had scaled back the attack on the post office, but this is dated August 20. Maybe it's just the ones in California, which is the largest blue state of all.

Got to get rid of the post office if people want to vote by mail. Vote by mail might increase the voter turn out and make it more difficult for Trump to win.

I thought they had scaled back the attack on the post office, but this is dated August 20. Maybe it's just the ones in California, which is the largest blue state of all.

Old adage: watch what they do, not what they say. They're still dismantling the sorting machines.

I curious to know who is dismantling the machines because it doesn't sound like it's the employees.

Old adage: watch what they do, not what they say.

Lol, if people went by that wisdom, no left wing policy would ever be enacted, ever again. Show me a left wing policy that feels good and I'll show you the same left wing policy that does the opposite, evil.

Once humans become brainless automatons, or once we truly have free energy, or both, we may be able to have left wing policies, but then hopefully we won't need the authoritarianism that comes with it. Yes, I too can be an utopian, on occasion, when I'm feeling silly.

Lol, if people went by that wisdom, no left wing policy would ever be enacted, ever again. Show me a left wing policy that feels good and I'll show you the same left wing policy that does the opposite, evil.

Once humans become brainless automatons, or once we truly have free energy, or both, we may be able to have left wing policies, but then hopefully we won't need the authoritarianism that comes with it. Yes, I too can be an utopian, on occasion, when I'm feeling silly.

Does that mean you think dismantling the sorting machines is a left wing policy?
or did you simply derail the thread with a non sequitur?

The Affordable Care Act.

Hopefully, the malignant authoritarian currently occupying the WH will step down without a scene so that all your brainless automaton wishes can come true.

Back
Top Bottom