• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘It’s still a blast beating people’: St. Louis police indicted in assault of undercover officer posi

Got away? The Clinton's were never implicated period. Kenneth Starr became a running joke, and his big investigation led to the world's most mediocre blowjob being discovered.

Compare that to Mueller. Manafort, Cohen Flynn, now Trump on record organizing payments to his mistresses, Flynn becoming a snitch. It shows no signs of ending this week or next.

Your comparison is non-existent.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Never implicated?

Really?

Wow.

And the last time I checked there were convictions aplenty....

Never implicated?

Really?

Wow.

And the last time I checked there were convictions aplenty....

Come out and tell us what we already know you feel. You feel like this is comparable to Kenneth Starr - even though everyone involved in this matter has flipped, and provided more information for other investigations, which have yet to come, you feel like it is similar because what? Clinton was shown have a gotten a blowjob?

Pay attention, this isn't about your weird beliefs in conspiracy theories. This discusses a very serious attempt by various members of the Trump administration's to conceal their work with foreign governments.

This isn't about your obsession with spending tens of millions on investigations and ending up with a stained dress and an embarrassing affair.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Both I suppose. But probably more often they are there to paperwork the report of the offense.

I guess in the cases where there are public fights and domestic abuse reported by others, police may arrive in time to stop. Otherwise tho...they do seem to arrive after the fact...that's not blame of course, we dont have transporters yet :)

Okay, I would suggest that next time. You find a poll that is at least more current than nearly a decade old and secondly. One that uses a much larger polling pool, because less than 1,100 people is not indicative of a national average. Even for our studies up to twenty thousand patients can be polled nation wide, or even down to separate districts.

But here, this one was just a year earlier.
Public Policy Polling: A deeper look at the birthers

Oh O, “something something methodology “ is not a devasting response. And “its old” really makes no sense. First, your poll doesn’t “disprove” my poll. Your older poll (not that that’s really a thing) shows that 38% of America don’t believe or don’t know if President Obama was born in America. And my poll gave you the numbers used in the survey. Yours didn’t. But if I was desperately looking to ignore the facts I too could post “something something methodology”. But I’m not.

Anyhoo, let me prove my point again. In 2011, trump surged to the top of the GOP polls when he “questioned” President Obama’s BC and said he sent investigators to Hawaii (yea, he said that).

Donald Trump has driven the "birther" message to first place in the GOP primary field, according to a new poll, opening up a clear lead over Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney.
https://www.politico.com/story/2011/04/masterbuilder-trump-tops-in-new-gop-poll-053270

Since you trust Public Policy Poll without even knowing their methodology, here’s one from 2015. And bonus, it’s a newer poll (not that that’s really a thing).

Fifty-one percent of 400 Republican primary voters surveyed nationwide by Public Policy Polling said they ascribe to the controversial birther conspiracy theory — despite the fact that the state of Hawaii has posted Obama’s certificate of live birth.
https://www.politico.com/story/2011/02/51-of-gop-voters-obama-foreign-049554

Anyhoo, I’ve proven my point so well that if you have a shred of integrity, you should simply admit that yes, a large percentage if not a majority of conservatives believed “President Obama was born in Kenya”. Then we can discuss the “death panels” and “stand down orders” lies. And look, you still believe them. that's kinda funny because your first tact was to post "oh yea prove people believe them" and now its "so what its true anyway" And O, if you really read the reports as you claim, you'd already know the “Obama lied” is just another conservative lie. Oops, I’m getting ahead of myself. Just focus on the birther thing for now. Hopefully this opens up a whole new world for you.

I've read the thread and all I see is your attempt to take it off topic. That, and your, as another poster clearly pointed out, painting all conservatives with a "broad brush."
That said, I believe all cops should be held to a higher standard, they are paid to enforce the law, not make it up at their convenience. Carrying a firearm carries a responsibility, using it requires clear and decisive decision making, not adrenaline promoted indecisiveness. Good cops should police their own, because the bad ones give them all a bad reputation.

I’m sorry you missed it but I was responding to someone questioning my point. The discussion started when I said that conservatives don’t want to hold cops accountable (except the ones investigating Trump). Bum’s response to that I was “painting with a broad brush.” I simply proved I wasn’t "painting with a broad brush". And am really the one taking the thread off topic as I respond to insults and falsehoods? I didn’t post the lies about Feinstein. I didn’t whine about Vern. go back and read my first post if “thread related” is your concern and explain to me how I'm taking the thread "off topic".

Anyhoo, other than that I cant disagree with your post and my first shows that. However, have you ever noticed how if someone on the left says what you say about accountability for police conservatives respond with “oh yea you hate cops”? And that’s pretty much when conservatives started posting lies and falsehoods. And I responded to them.

Oh O, “something something methodology “ is not a devasting response. And “its old” really makes no sense. First, your poll doesn’t “disprove” my poll. Your older poll (not that that’s really a thing) shows that 38% of America don’t believe or don’t know if President Obama was born in America. And my poll gave you the numbers used in the survey. Yours didn’t. But if I was desperately looking to ignore the facts I too could post “something something methodology”. But I’m not.

Anyhoo, let me prove my point again. In 2011, trump surged to the top of the GOP polls when he “questioned” President Obama’s BC and said he sent investigators to Hawaii (yea, he said that).

Donald Trump has driven the "birther" message to first place in the GOP primary field, according to a new poll, opening up a clear lead over Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney.
https://www.politico.com/story/2011/04/masterbuilder-trump-tops-in-new-gop-poll-053270

Since you trust Public Policy Poll without even knowing their methodology, here’s one from 2015. And bonus, it’s a newer poll (not that that’s really a thing).

Fifty-one percent of 400 Republican primary voters surveyed nationwide by Public Policy Polling said they ascribe to the controversial birther conspiracy theory — despite the fact that the state of Hawaii has posted Obama’s certificate of live birth.
https://www.politico.com/story/2011/02/51-of-gop-voters-obama-foreign-049554

Anyhoo, I’ve proven my point so well that if you have a shred of integrity, you should simply admit that yes, a large percentage if not a majority of conservatives believed “President Obama was born in Kenya”. Then we can discuss the “death panels” and “stand down orders” lies. And look, you still believe them. that's kinda funny because your first tact was to post "oh yea prove people believe them" and now its "so what its true anyway" And O, if you really read the reports as you claim, you'd already know the “Obama lied” is just another conservative lie. Oops, I’m getting ahead of myself. Just focus on the birther thing for now. Hopefully this opens up a whole new world for you.

Actually the only thing you've proven at this point vern is that you can't seem to find an article or poll on this that isn't nearly a decade old. One of the most recent ones that I can find shows that the divide is 1 in 4 people and they give no indication of political lean, none, whatsoever. So unless you want to infer the rest of the information, then be my guest. But you're not going to be proving anymore than you've already tried to prove, poorly I might add.

I'm going to go ahead and get this out of the way. Because I know that there are right leaning individuals that still believe the birther myth and even some left leaning ones as well. But it's nowhere near the amount of people you seem so adamant about.

Actually the only thing you've proven at this point vern is that you can't seem to find an article or poll on this that isn't nearly a decade old. One of the most recent ones that I can find shows that the divide is 1 in 4 people and they give no indication of political lean, none, whatsoever. So unless you want to infer the rest of the information, then be my guest. But you're not going to be proving anymore than you've already tried to prove, poorly I might add.

I'm going to go ahead and get this out of the way. Because I know that there are right leaning individuals that still believe the birther myth and even some left leaning ones as well. But it's nowhere near the amount of people you seem so adamant about.

O, thank you for assuring us you found a recent poll and telling us what it said. Why didn’t you post it? Anyhoo, whining about the age of my polls doesn’t disprove them. I don’t think they do polls where they ask people “what did you think 8 years ago”. You have to find polls from 8 years ago. The several polls I’ve posted show exactly what I said: a large percentage if not majority of conservatives believed "President Obama was born in Kenya”. And O, I posted a poll from the exact same polling company you posted so you cant even use the tired “something something methodology” narrative. And that poll from 2015 showed conservatives just didn’t want to let go of that lying narrative. No biggie, my point was they believed it in the first place.

And just an fyi, you posting that you still believe the “death panel” and the vile and disgusting “stand down” lies also proves my point for that. So just to clear, a large percentage if not majority of conservatives believed “President Obama was born in Kenya”, “death panels” and the vile and disgusting “stand down” lies. And I don’t have a poll for it but it’s safe to say a large percentage if not majority of conservatives believed “tax cuts pay for themselves” and “republicans really really really want to balance the budget”.

er uh O, I don't mean to be a bother but you could post this "recent poll" you found. Its not that I don't trust you or anything but continuous improvement is a personal passion of mine and I think your "recent poll" could help me. thanks in advance.

O, thank you for assuring us you found a recent poll and telling us what it said. Why didn’t you post it? Anyhoo, whining about the age of my polls doesn’t disprove them. I don’t think they do polls where they ask people “what did you think 8 years ago”. You have to find polls from 8 years ago. The several polls I’ve posted show exactly what I said: a large percentage if not majority of conservatives believed "President Obama was born in Kenya”. And O, I posted a poll from the exact same polling company you posted so you cant even use the tired “something something methodology” narrative. And that poll from 2015 showed conservatives just didn’t want to let go of that lying narrative. No biggie, my point was they believed it in the first place.

And just an fyi, you posting that you still believe the “death panel” and the vile and disgusting “stand down” lies also proves my point for that. So just to clear, a large percentage if not majority of conservatives believed “President Obama was born in Kenya”, “death panels” and the vile and disgusting “stand down” lies. And I don’t have a poll for it but it’s safe to say a large percentage if not majority of conservatives believed “tax cuts pay for themselves” and “republicans really really really want to balance the budget”.

And you double down on the same stupidity that you usually do Vern. I don't know why I expected you to actually rise above for once, but I guess that's what I get for being optimistic.

Do you actually have something to prove the rest of the rant, or are you going to just going to prattle on about that as well?

And you double down on the same stupidity that you usually do Vern. I don't know why I expected you to actually rise above for once, but I guess that's what I get for being optimistic.

Do you actually have something to prove the rest of the rant, or are you going to just going to prattle on about that as well?

Oh look, O responds to my post from last week instead of the one from yesterday where I asked him to back up his point. If I didn’t know better I’d think O was cowardly and/or dishonestly avoiding backing up his point. Anyhoo, notice how your response to last week’s post is rambling, incoherent and angry. And O, when you post “do you have something to prove the rest of your rant” it means I’ve proven what I posted. Yep, that was you admitting I’ve proven that a large percentage if not majority of conservatives believed “President Obama was born in Kenya” and “death panels”.

Now don’t forget, I asked you to post this “recent poll” you found that you think disproves the fact that a large percentage if not majority of conservatives believed “President Obama was born in kenya”. Again, if I didn’t know better I’d think you were cowardly and/or dishonestly avoiding posting this “recent poll”. Now O, if you again refuse to post this poll, it will be because you are cowardly and/or dishonestly avoiding posting it. Thanks in advance.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...icer-posing-protester/?utm_term=.124450ae05f8

The details of the indictment are disgusting. Any cop lovers here? Well, this is what cops are all about. This is not bad apples. It's a bad barrel. They beat this guy, bragged about it, then tried to cover it up.

Why are these tax-sucking parasites allowed to behave this way? WHy do they think they are above the law?

Because conservatives have built them up to be these infallible heroes, when in fact, they are merely public servants who must always be the utmost professionals. That's the tough part about the job, you're getting paid money from the taxpayers to do a job and it must be done well, or there are serious consequences. Don't like the fact that you are held to a high standard, go work somewhere else.

Any cop lovers want to defend this?

Because until the rise of common ownership of video equipment, they were above the law. They still are whenever nobody happens to have a camera on them. Hell, they even still get away with murder.... like those cops arrived at the mall shooting, saw a black man running away from them, and shot him in the back until he was dead. They had plenty of defenders.

Because until the rise of common ownership of video equipment, they were above the law. They still are whenever nobody happens to have a camera on them. Hell, they even still get away with murder.... like those cops arrived at the mall shooting, saw a black man running away from them, and shot him in the back until he was dead. They had plenty of defenders.

That's the problem. Some people view them and infallible heroes. When in fact, they are just human beings. Which is ok. People make mistakes and do wrong things. The key is accountability. And there are people that think police should have a blank check. I think the punishment should be harsher on a cop than a regular citizen, because the cop is supposed to be above that. The cop is supposed to be an example, a person trained to obey and protect the law.

Oh look, O responds to my post from last week instead of the one from yesterday where I asked him to back up his point. If I didn’t know better I’d think O was cowardly and/or dishonestly avoiding backing up his point. Anyhoo, notice how your response to last week’s post is rambling, incoherent and angry. And O, when you post “do you have something to prove the rest of your rant” it means I’ve proven what I posted. Yep, that was you admitting I’ve proven that a large percentage if not majority of conservatives believed “President Obama was born in Kenya” and “death panels”.

Now don’t forget, I asked you to post this “recent poll” you found that you think disproves the fact that a large percentage if not majority of conservatives believed “President Obama was born in kenya”. Again, if I didn’t know better I’d think you were cowardly and/or dishonestly avoiding posting this “recent poll”. Now O, if you again refuse to post this poll, it will be because you are cowardly and/or dishonestly avoiding posting it. Thanks in advance.

I didn't say it disproved, though given your reading comprehension skills. I'm not surprised that you'd miss that little fact.

But if all you can do is manage to call me cowardly. Then so be it.
It's good to see that you still can't even affect your own answers.

I didn't say it disproved, though given your reading comprehension skills. I'm not surprised that you'd miss that little fact.

But if all you can do is manage to call me cowardly. Then so be it.
It's good to see that you still can't even affect your own answers.

Oh O, you called my post “doubling down on stupid” and thought I would “rise above for once”. The basis of this claim and whine was that you found a recent poll that shows 1 in 4 people were dumb enough to believe “President Obama was born in kenya.” Not only does this not “disprove” my point about that a “ large percentage if not majority of conservatives” believed it but I posted several polls that prove my point. Now you didn’t use the word “disprove” but how did you conclude my posts are “doubling down on stupid” and I didn’t “rise above for once”? I sure you can happily explain this conundrum.

And to be fair O, I didn’t call you cowardly and/or dishonest. I said if I didn’t know better. After all you talk tough at an anonymous internet forum. What more proof of someone’s courage do you need? But I cant help but notice you didn’t post the poll I asked you to post. Remember, I said if you didn’t post this poll it will be because you are cowardly and/or dishonest. I’m sure it was just another perfectly innocent mistake on your part and you really are courageous and honest but it is hard to make that case. So please, post this poll so we can “disprove” any talk of you being cowardly and/or dishonest.

Oh O, you called my post “doubling down on stupid” and thought I would “rise above for once”. The basis of this claim and whine was that you found a recent poll that shows 1 in 4 people were dumb enough to believe “President Obama was born in kenya.” Not only does this not “disprove” my point about that a “ large percentage if not majority of conservatives” believed it but I posted several polls that prove my point. Now you didn’t use the word “disprove” but how did you conclude my posts are “doubling down on stupid” and I didn’t “rise above for once”? I sure you can happily explain this conundrum.

And to be fair O, I didn’t call you cowardly and/or dishonest. I said if I didn’t know better. After all you talk tough at an anonymous internet forum. What more proof of someone’s courage do you need? But I cant help but notice you didn’t post the poll I asked you to post. Remember, I said if you didn’t post this poll it will be because you are cowardly and/or dishonest. I’m sure it was just another perfectly innocent mistake on your part and you really are courageous and honest but it is hard to make that case. So please, post this poll so we can “disprove” any talk of you being cowardly and/or dishonest.

I don't need to post the poll, because it proves just as little as those you decided to post. Because I would rather post a poll from less than a decade ago, or at least five years.

Now do you have this other information or not?
Because I'm getting bored of this constant poke and run game you keep employing.

I don't need to post the poll, because it proves just as little as those you decided to post.

Really? the poll was the basis of you continuing to ignore the several polls I posted that proved my point (and insult me) You referenced it and use it to continue to deny the facts I've posted, so no O, you need to post the poll.

Because I would rather post a poll from less than a decade ago, or at least five years.

obviously not. read your first sentence. And O, since you are really struggling here with the facts, I posted a poll from 2015 from the same polling company you did. That seems to meet your pointless and/or deflecting requirements.

Now do you have this other information or not?
Because I'm getting bored of this constant poke and run game you keep employing.

First off, I'm not sure what "other information" you want. I've already proven a large percentage if not majority of conservatives believed "President Obama was born in Kenya" and "death panels". You've even posted you still believe in the "death panels" and "stand down" lies. You literally posted "nuh uh" then went to " so what, its true anyway". talk about "poke and run".

But O, don't you find it just a teensy weensy itsy bit hypocritical that you are making excuses to not back up your point about a poll that magically "disproves" my point while whining at me about backing something up. O, this is the third I've asked you to back up your point. At first you ignored it. Now you are making pathetic excuses. Now be a big boy and post the poll.

The sad thing is the question asked in the story from the OP, would these officers have been so readily prosecuted if their victim had not been a police officer?

Really? the poll was the basis of you continuing to ignore the several polls I posted that proved my point (and insult me) You referenced it and use it to continue to deny the facts I've posted, so no O, you need to post the poll.

obviously not. read your first sentence. And O, since you are really struggling here with the facts, I posted a poll from 2015 from the same polling company you did. That seems to meet your pointless and/or deflecting requirements.

First off, I'm not sure what "other information" you want. I've already proven a large percentage if not majority of conservatives believed "President Obama was born in Kenya" and "death panels". You've even posted you still believe in the "death panels" and "stand down" lies. You literally posted "nuh uh" then went to " so what, its true anyway". talk about "poke and run".

But O, don't you find it just a teensy weensy itsy bit hypocritical that you are making excuses to not back up your point about a poll that magically "disproves" my point while whining at me about backing something up. O, this is the third I've asked you to back up your point. At first you ignored it. Now you are making pathetic excuses. Now be a big boy and post the poll.

And still running away... great..

It's been fun vern, but this game of yours is getting boring and seeing as you lack relevant information. I'm just going to keep brushing you off like you always allow me to do, by continuing to act like this.

And still running away... great..

It's been fun vern, but this game of yours is getting boring and seeing as you lack relevant information. I'm just going to keep brushing you off like you always allow me to do, by continuing to act like this.

O, I was clear and specific when I asked you to post this "magic" poll. And I told you I don't really know what you're looking for from me. See how you remain vague as to what you want. Its real simple O, you lied about the "magic" poll you read so you're going to look for any excuse to not post it. Your dishonesty is quite transparent and quite hypocritical. See how your brain just cant grasp the hypocrisy of you demanding I back something up as you whine and squirm when asked to post the poll you "read". This poll was key to denying the facts I posted. I backed up my points. You dishonestly deflected. Once again when it comes time for conservatives to choose narrative or integrity, they choose narrative.

O, I was clear and specific when I asked you to post this "magic" poll. And I told you I don't really know what you're looking for from me. See how you remain vague as to what you want. Its real simple O, you lied about the "magic" poll you read so you're going to look for any excuse to not post it. Your dishonesty is quite transparent and quite hypocritical. See how your brain just cant grasp the hypocrisy of you demanding I back something up as you whine and squirm when asked to post the poll you "read". This poll was key to denying the facts I posted. I backed up my points. You dishonestly deflected. Once again when it comes time for conservatives to choose narrative or integrity, they choose narrative.

Seeing as neither your polls, or the poll that I ran across actually proves anything.

Can you actually make good on your claim to clear the other items you mentioned?

Seeing as neither your polls, or the poll that I ran across actually proves anything.

Can you actually make good on your claim to clear the other items you mentioned?

sorry O, my poll proved my point. And you thought your "magic" poll disproved my polls (yea polls, plural). It was the entire basis of you denying my point and insulting me. You finally realized your poll was older than my polls (yea polls, plural) and like every conservative started posting pathetic excuses rather than be honest. and the funny thing is I told you immediately your poll was "older". the conservative brain just cant accept facts that don't tell them what they want to believe.

Another funny thing O, your brain couldn't grasp your flaming hypocrisy of not you not backing up your point as you demand I back something up. and now your brain cant grasp you're posting "nuh uh, polls" as you want more polls from me. I've already stated I didn't have a poll for the "stand down" lies and I didn't need one because you still believe the lies. again, your brain cant grasp the concept of hypocrisy with "nuh uh but I believe it".

why not be honest for once and just admit the poll you thought "disproved" my polls (yea polls, plural) was older.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...icer-posing-protester/?utm_term=.124450ae05f8

The details of the indictment are disgusting. Any cop lovers here? Well, this is what cops are all about. This is not bad apples. It's a bad barrel. They beat this guy, bragged about it, then tried to cover it up.

Why are these tax-sucking parasites allowed to behave this way? WHy do they think they are above the law?

Because conservatives have built them up to be these infallible heroes, when in fact, they are merely public servants who must always be the utmost professionals. That's the tough part about the job, you're getting paid money from the taxpayers to do a job and it must be done well, or there are serious consequences. Don't like the fact that you are held to a high standard, go work somewhere else.

Any cop lovers want to defend this?

One guy "was pumped", yet
Well, this is what cops are all about

Back
Top Bottom