• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Intruder’ able to walk into Uvalde school unchallenged as new report slams medical response

What is double taxation and why does it come in layers?
ok we increase taxes for someone to checks doors and then that person needs a helper and a supervisor a general manager that's how it rolls

ok we increase taxes for someone to checks doors and then that person needs a helper and a supervisor a general manager that's how it rolls

That isn’t double taxation.

Who, other than the Uvalde police chief, was replaced?

Why ask me? You seem to think you have all the facts and details about this. I don’t know what caused the failure, but you act as if you do.

NY Post but...

"The inspector was even able to enter through a back door that did not latch, eerily similar to how 18-year-old madman Salvador Ramos got into Robb Elementary before killing 19 fourth-graders and two teachers."
Maybe there's a lack of resources but how do you just not care that much? A door that doesn't latch?
Our school has over 40 entry points. Our district has over 40 schools. Don't make that statement, this is not about the doors or the people that might use them.

layers of double taxation because some idiot school employees were not responsible to check doors?
Layers of double taxation? Calm down. Here's some of the needed resources..

"Patterson also admitted at the meeting the district was way behind on plans to install $5 million in security equipment in district schools, including cameras, fences, bullet-resistant doors and a central command center to tackle the woeful police response in May."

Hard to imagine how a system could be more broken than that school district obviously is. If you guys can't fix that kind of problem there's something seriously wrong with your problem-solving approach.

Our school has over 40 entry points. Our district has over 40 schools. Don't make that statement, this is not about the doors or the people that might use them.

I will make that statement and I will add that maybe schools shouldn't have as many as 40 entry points.

that's because Massachusetts is used to double taxes just like Maine
Hey, I've paid Canadian-level taxes all my life and it's never been a burden. I see the benefits all around me.
Anyone who doesn't want to pay taxes can just remove himself from civilization.

Hey, I've paid Canadian-level taxes all my life and it's never been a burden. I see the benefits all around me.
Anyone who doesn't want to pay taxes can just remove himself from civilization.
if you want to slave for the government, be my guest and you are not in charge, and I refuse to back down on unfair taxes

I will make that statement and I will add that maybe schools shouldn't have as many as 40 entry points.
Make the statement, expose the absence of reality in your viewpoint, and that horse has left the barn.

A Texas safety inspector posing as an intruder was recently able to stroll unchallenged into a Uvalde school — as a damning new investigation also blamed a “flawed medical response” for failing to save some of the 21 slaughtered in a mass shooting at Robb Elementary.

The inspector was even able to enter through a back door that did not latch, eerily similar to how 18-year-old madman Salvador Ramos got into Robb Elementary before killing 19 fourth-graders and two teachers.

The shocking breach was revealed at a Uvalde school board meeting Monday night, attended by at least a dozen family members of victims of the May shooting, the San Antonio Express-News said.

Grieving loved ones were furious that “somebody just walked right in” seven months after one of the deadliest school shootings in history, KSAT also said of the meeting.
=====================================================
The stars at night are big & bright...

There will be literally years of finger pointing as Ameritard Texans attempt to blame one another for their collective failure to institute stringent Gun Control.

And soon...it will happen again. We all know that. Its a very disgusting situation.

Make the statement, expose the absence of reality in your viewpoint, and that horse has left the barn.

If you want to feel morally superior to me, then keep right on up with that. If you want to be reasonable about it, pause and think.

My kiddo's daycare has two entrances. One you need a code to get in, the other is kept locked except for teachers bringing kids in/out. And when some lady was apparently noticed taking photos of them playing, they replaced the fencing with one you can't see over or through. Security cameras monitor the outside. That's at least something. It's a small daycare. It's not gonna be a complete shield, but it helps and would give at least something of a chance to get the kids out the back door if a problem was noticed in time.

It's tragically absurd for any school to have 40 free access points.

They completely redid Sandy Hook and at least claim to have tons of security measures beyond what they will tell the public, for obvious reasons.

I can't imagine why a district where such a hellish thing happened would still leave so many access points. 40, you say?!

Last edited:
A door that doesn't ****ing latch.
Yep, but lax “gun control” laws and/or “assault rifles” were the ‘root causes’ of that (and all other?) mass shootings. ;)

I can't be the only one who tires of your endless idiotic attempts to partisanly whattabout everything.

And it really is quite idiotic for anyone to think that there is one sole cause.. As if bad security means it can't also have to do with the fact that we've got more guns per capita than any other country, even war-torn hellholes and also all sorts of other things. It's not black and white. No attempted solution will be perfect. That's why you try multiple things at once if you want to address a complex problem.

If you want to feel morally superior to me, then keep right on up with that. If you want to be reasonable about it, pause and think.

My kiddo's daycare has two entrances. One you need a code to get in, the other is kept locked except for teachers bringing kids in/out. And when some lady was apparently noticed taking photos of them playing, they replaced the fencing with one you can't see over or through. Security cameras monitor the outside. That's at least something. It's a small daycare. It's not gonna be a complete shield, but it helps and would give at least something of a chance to get the kids out the back door if a problem was noticed in time.

It's tragically absurd for any school to have 40 free access points.

They completely redid Sandy Hook and at least claim to have tons of security measures beyond what they will tell the public, for obvious reasons.

I can't imagine why a district where such a hellish thing happened would still leave so many access points. 40, you say?!
A daycare, with what 20 kids? My school has over 1500 students, a portion of them adults. they are here beginning at 7 in the morning and staying until 9 at night for student athletes, drama, band etc. I'm using textbooks over a decade old.

People don't want to pay taxes to support paying teachers appropriately, why would you expect them to pay for new buildings?

Take away the tool used for mass shootings and the mass shootings would be nigh impossible to perform
I do recall a California mass casualty school event, some years back, where the maggot used both an AK47 and a machete. He killed more kids with the machete.

I do recall a California mass casualty school event, some years back, where the maggot used both an AK47 and a machete. He killed more kids with the machete.

And he could have killed more with a bomb.

Guns in general make it easier to kill lots of people. It is not the only way. Guns are rather unique in that their primary use is to shoot things. Generally living things.

Back
Top Bottom