• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘I Refuse To Live In Fear’ Is Just An Attempt To Excuse Selfish Behavior

A few weeks ago a nursing home posted pictures of families hugging their loved ones through plastic. It brought tears to my eyes. The longing for touch, for real hugs is so real.
It reminded me of a Bible passage, Corinthians...

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
Also, see my sig.

It really bothers you to see people living normal lives, doesn't it?

It's obvious that you don't mind literal genocide, AmNat. You don't have to keep rubbing it in our faces.

Hopefully those reckless people will lose their privileges on January 20. My life is more important than their privileges. :)

It's obvious that you don't mind literal genocide, AmNat. You don't have to keep rubbing it in our faces.

Hopefully those reckless people will lose their privileges on January 20. My life is more important than their privileges. :)

What "privileges"?

It really bothers you to see people living normal lives, doesn't it?
When they are recklessly getting other people killed, any rational person would be bothered.

I just hope that you get lucky and don't have anyone in your family get seriously ill. You probably won't, but you sure aren't willing to make that more likely. 🤷‍♂️

What a stupid question from the person who clearly supports the right to endanger other people's lives. :LOL:
Do you imprison yourself at home away from human contact every year during flu season? Yes or no.

What is being proven more than anything else is that the rules SPREAD covid-19. Covid-19 is not the only deadly contagious disease to hit the USA and world by any means. If the stats are true, they prove the rules falsely telling people masks and 6 foot social distancing - plus worst telling people to stay indoors - and worst of all forcing people to crowd together in WalMart, Target and other maximum high traffic stores by OUTLAWING low traffic stores - is the WORST possible course of action.

No one discusses this intelligently. TO THIS DAY, not ONLY person can explain why people being forced to crowd in big box stores by ordering little mom and pop stores does anything but maximize spreading the disease. Not one person even pretends to explain how people are safer if they avoid sunlight and fresh air.

I'm am truly astonished at just how totally submissive and downright stupid most people are. The USA really has become an idiocracy among the people, totally submitting to the corporate-fascist plutocrats. Covid-19 is about money and power for the super rich and government, nothing else.

The nationwide shutdown ended over 6 months ago and all stores are allowed to open now. Mask wearing made that possible but the lack of compliance has also made it deadly. It's not being "submissive" to care about other Americans it is patriotic. That seems to be the problem now....a lack of patriotism. The one term mistake has turned America against itself. This is why Americans are not ever supposed to be loyal to ANY individual or personality. It is anti-American. Personalities come and go but America must go on. Let the demagogue go and go back to being an American again. Please?

Some people can't be counted on, It's that simple. Chips are down, time to pull together and they cross their arms and refuse to be inconvenienced. "I don't want to and you can't make me!" They use magic words, 'personal responsibility', 'refuse to live in fear', 'freedom and rights blablahblah', it's all justcovering up a childish, stubborn refusal to be inconvenienced.It's affected my relationship with two people already. I won't forget who didn't do their part when everyone else tried to be part of the solution.

Yes...this exactly. Especially the bolded.

To be honest, I'm struggling very hard not to create an "other" designation for people, based on their refusal to do their part. I've never felt a general moral or ethical incompatibility with any demographic before - I always assumed that beyond whatever difference that may exist in the foreground, ultimately there would be some common ground. Until Covid.

I have to say, I'm losing this fight. I don't think I'll ever look at "them" the same way after this.

What a stupid question from the person who clearly supports the right to endanger other people's lives. :LOL:

Not willing to identify any, eh?

Not willing to identify any, eh?

I'd be willing, Bene. I would support the removal of ALL their privileges. I would support fines, I would support imprisonment. I would support exile. I would support them being tied to a board and vaccinated by force, once the vaccine is available.

On second thought, perhaps support is too strong a word. I would simply have as few shits to give if it happened to them as they had to give about the people they came into contact with. None. Zero. Not a one. **** every last one of them.

Yes...this exactly. Especially the bolded.

To be honest, I'm struggling very hard not to create an "other" designation for people, based on their refusal to do their part. I've never felt a general moral or ethical incompatibility with any demographic before - I always assumed that beyond whatever difference that may exist in the foreground, ultimately there would be some common ground. Until Covid.

I have to say, I'm losing this fight. I don't think I'll ever look at "them" the same way after this.
There was a chance for unity/common ground early on. Dems unfortunately chose to politicize this and things have naturally split and polarized. I think the first shatterpoint was back in January when Trump had the wherewithal to shut down travel from China (outside of Ameican nationals of course), and was labeled a racist instead of being congratulated for making a good move to help limit virus vectors. The second shatterpoint (aside from Dems encouraging people to go to the movies or Chinatown, etc) was the politicization of HQC (to the point that people literally shoved thru a study with faulty data attacking it thru the Lancet which had to later be retracted, and others pushed studies with absurdly high doses) all because Trump merely named it with a number of other things as drugs and treatments that appeared to be showing potential (we know now from a more recent study that low doses combined with zinc and IIRC azithromycin, administered early in the disease actually has a rather good effect at preventing severe cases and/or hospitalization). I think that was the nail in the coffin on bipartisan coming together on the subject.

I'd be willing, Bene. I would support the removal of ALL their privileges.
what privileges are those?

I would support fines, I would support imprisonment. I would support exile. I would support them being tied to a board and vaccinated by force, once the vaccine is available.
sounds a little fascist. What next, strap them in chairs with vices holding their eyes open for re-education videos? Struggle sessions?

This virus sure has made a lot of people show their true authoritarian/dictatorial colors.
On second thought, perhaps support is too strong a word. I would simply have as few shits to give if it happened to them as they had to give about the people they came into contact with. None. Zero. Not a one. **** every last one of them.
Too bad it's a 99%+ survival rate, huh? You'll only get your wish with a meager few.

There was a chance for unity/common ground early on. Dems unfortunately chose to politicize this and things have naturally split and polarized. I think the first shatterpoint was back in January when Trump had the wherewithal to shut down travel from China (outside of Ameican nationals of course), and was labeled a racist instead of being congratulated for making a good move to help limit virus vectors. The second shatterpoint (aside from Dems encouraging people to go to the movies or Chinatown, etc) was the politicization of HQC (to the point that people literally shoved thru a study with faulty data attacking it thru the Lancet which had to later be retracted, and others pushed studies with absurdly high doses) all because Trump merely named it with a number of other things as drugs and treatments that appeared to be showing potential (we know now from a more recent study that low doses combined with zinc and IIRC azithromycin, administered early in the disease actually has a rather good effect at preventing severe cases and/or hospitalization). I think that was the nail in the coffin on bipartisan coming together on the subject.

Do you think any sane person cares about politics at this point? We're not talking about politicians, we're talking about dumbasses willing to commit negligent homicide because "free-dumb". Either you're one, or you are not... Your political leaning is irrelevant.

Do you think any sane person cares about politics at this point? We're not talking about politicians, we're talking about dumbasses willing to commit negligent homicide because "free-dumb". Either you're one, or you are not... Your political leaning is irrelevant.
Everyone cares about politics at this point. The entire reason there is a divide is because it's been politicized to hell and back.

what privileges are those?

sounds a little fascist. What next, strap them in chairs with vices holding their eyes open for re-education videos? Struggle sessions?

Too bad it's a 99%+ survival rate, huh? You'll only get your wish with a meager few.

I feel like I said it clearly enough the first time around: I do not have a single shit to give about what happens to people who refused to help defeat this pandemic. I also feel zero need to justify that position to any or all of them. They are "other". "Less than." You can take that however you want.

Everyone cares about politics at this point. The entire reason there is a divide is because it's been politicized to hell and back.

No, it's because the world has always had heroes and villains - decent folks and shitty ones. This just showed us exactly who is who.

Of course, Democrats in Congress demand that states that stay open have to pay for the states that lock down.

I feel like I said it clearly enough the first time around: I do not have a single shit to give about what happens to people who refused to help defeat this pandemic. I also feel zero need to justify that position to any or all of them. They are "other". "Less than." You can take that however you want.
So you cant name these privileges? Nor do you disavow your fascistic statements? Can you muster any sort of answer?

What a profoundly arrogant and dismissive statement. A quarter of a million Americans are dead because of your "right" to hug someone. (n)

Your hugs can wait. And if you people won't even mask up and socially distance, they're going to have to wait even longer. 🤷‍♂️
I say we should do the exact same thing that the democrat president did in 1918 with the spanish flu.

A few weeks ago a nursing home posted pictures of families hugging their loved ones through plastic. It brought tears to my eyes. The longing for touch, for real hugs is so real.
It reminded me of a Bible passage, Corinthians...

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
Also, see my sig.
Sweet.

So you cant name these privileges? Nor do you disavow your fascistic statements? Can you muster any sort of answer?

You seem to be missing the point. By taking a position opposite doing anything and everything possible to end this pandemic with as little life lost as possible, you render yourself to be beneath my concern. If you remain unconvinced at this point, unmoved to cooperate and assist, to do your part, then there is nothing I'm going to say to you now to make you. I don't care about your approval. I don't care about you at all. I disavow nothing that I didn't disavow in the original post you seem unable to comprehend. I may not actively demand it, but I wouldn't lift a finger to help you.

What a profoundly arrogant and dismissive statement. A quarter of a million Americans are dead because of your "right" to hug someone. (n)

Your hugs can wait. And if you people won't even mask up and socially distance, they're going to have to wait even longer. 🤷‍♂️

I am glad your not in charge, not that I would listen to you anyhow. Less of a market for the crap you and your people are trying to sell these days. People have had more than their fill. I am quite happy to see that.

Back
Top Bottom