• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘I literally lost organs:’ Why detransitioned teens regret changing genders

Is that what you were told to sound like you know what's up with Ben Shapiro? Since I mentioned his show, not him debating, your point was... irrelevant.
I've watched videos by him a few times. An intellectual and logical person he is not. He is a loudmouth conservative who has the intellectual depth of a mud puddle. When he was forced to debate someone ( a moderate conservative) on an equal level he ran away.

I've watched videos by him a few times. An intellectual and logical person he is not. He is a loudmouth conservative who has the intellectual depth of a mud puddle. When he was forced to debate someone ( a moderate conservative) on an equal level he ran away.

Still failing miserably.

NEVER experience an orgasm.
But don't you know the parents were OK with their kid never experiencing an orgasm for the rest of their life, so its OK. At least in the states that parental consent is still required.

But don't you know the parents were OK with their kid never experiencing an orgasm for the rest of their life, so its OK. At least in the states that parental consent is still required.
I dion't see that problem listed by the Mayo Clinic when disccions the use of blockers on trans teens.

What are the possible side effects and complications?​

It's important for your child to stay on schedule with all related medical appointments. Contact your child's doctor if any changes cause you or your child concern.

Possible side effects of GnRH analogue treatment include:

• Injection site swelling
  • Weight gain
  • Hot flashes
  • Headaches

Use of GnRH analogues might also have long-term effects on:

• Growth spurts
  • Bone growth and density
  • Future fertility — depending on when pubertal blockers are started

Children may have their height checked every three months. Bone density is also checked periodically. If bone growth or density is a concern, your child's health care provider might prescribe a different medication, stop treatment with GnRH analogues or recommend the best time to start cross-hormone therapy.

If children with male genitalia begin using GnRH analogues early in puberty, they might not develop enough penile and scrotal skin for certain gender affirming genital surgical procedures, such as penile inversion vaginoplasty. Alternative techniques, however, are available.

In addition, delaying puberty beyond one's peers can be stressful. Your child might experience lower self-esteem.

Yet you vote Democrat... weird stance you have there.
I'm a progressive(social democrat) . I only vote for corporate democrats as the lesser of 2 evils.

I expect so. The maturation of the brain, in terms of the development of the kind of executive function we're relying on for a person to be responsible for his or her own decisions, is about the completion of the myelination of the prefrontal cortex. That's a very slow process that continues through a person's mid-20's, but it starts in infancy and is roughly the same in both sexes, so I don't think it's driven by sex hormones. As such, it shouldn't be impacted by puberty. If anything, freed of the wash of sex hormones that make teenagers notoriously impulsive, I'd expect a puberty-blocked 18-year-old to have higher executive function and to be better at making solid decisions he or she will be comfortable with later in life.

You may want to look that up. The brain changes during puberty, by alot. Kids become far more capable of complex thought by the time puberty complete. Pre frontal Cortex development is important too, and typically wraps up around 26.

This is because puberty involves changes in hormones that also attach to your brain cells and change how the brain learns and grows. These changes are useful because they help shape the brain for new forms of learning.

I dion't see that problem listed by the Mayo Clinic when disccions the use of blockers on trans teens.

I'm a progressive(social democrat) . I only vote for corporate democrats as the lesser of 2 evils.

Yes, maybe that should cause you to wonder what else they aren't mentioning and what else isn't included in the informed consent forms (hint: they leave a lot out)

Progressive Democrat, the party of "Do as we say, not as we do"
Shall we have this dance?
"WEAR A MASK!"
And they did, unless the camera's were off, or it was a party, or a met gala... the black staff had to wear the masks.
"FLORDIA IS TERIRBLE BECAUSE THEY WONT MANDATE MASK!!"
Same people saying they kept vacationing there, maskless...
CO2 will destroy the planet!!
They say as they buy ocean front mansions, fly on private jets, ride in suv convoys...
The RICH ARE EVIL!!
Dem's have more rich reps and senators than the GOP...

Do tell me about your "hate hypocrisy" stance some more?

Progressive Democrat, the party of "Do as we say, not as we do"
Shall we have this dance?
"WEAR A MASK!"
And they did, unless the camera's were off, or it was a party, or a met gala... the black staff had to wear the masks.
"FLORDIA IS TERIRBLE BECAUSE THEY WONT MANDATE MASK!!"
Same people saying they kept vacationing there, maskless...
CO2 will destroy the planet!!
They say as they buy ocean front mansions, fly on private jets, ride in suv convoys...
The RICH ARE EVIL!!
Dem's have more rich reps and senators than the GOP...

Do tell me about your "hate hypocrisy" stance some more?
You are unhinged. You might want to talk to your Dr about a mood stabilizer or upping your estradiol. Estrogen in slightly elevated doses can be a very effective mood stabilizer and anti-depressant. Are you taking progesterone, even at the level of BCPs?

I still wear a mask in public buildings and I'm vaxxed. Mostly because I don't like to be sick when it is preventable.

I seldom fly only when necessary and I don't own a SUV or a truck.

I'm not aware that anyone said that rich people are evil. That is another conservative strawman. just like taxes are a penalty for success or they are theft.

Last edited:
You may want to look that up. The brain changes during puberty, by alot. Kids become far more capable of complex thought by the time puberty complete. Pre frontal Cortex development is important too, and typically wraps up around 26.
I'll read up more on it, but a quick look seems to be consistent with my understand that the myelination process starts well before puberty:

1656103930285.png
It looks like very fast myelination in the run-up to puberty, and the rate of myelination slowing pretty quickly after puberty sets in.

I guess one question would be whether the so-called puberty blockers are generalized (decreasing all hormones related to puberty), or narrowly targeted only at the specific ones they're concerned with (e.g., narrowly decreasing testosterone levels in a biological male to levels consistent with a biological female). This is way, way outside my field of competence, but my recollection is that puberty involved a whole cocktail of hormones, beyond just estrogen and testosterone.

Ideally, what you'd want if your goal were to delay physical changes associated with puberty until a person was old enough to responsibly decide whether he or she wanted those changes is something targeted narrowly just at whatever pathways create irreversible physical changes (especially skeletal changes associated with sex, which are going to be particularly hard to address later -- if you're 6'4" and built like a linebacker, fitting in comfortably as a woman is going to be tough no matter what else you do later in life).

Last edited:

You don't see the problem listed at the Mayo Clinic, so it can't possibly be true that puberty blockers can cause a permanent inability to have an orgasm. Maybe you should check out what that transgender surgeon says about it. She is VERY concerned about what is happening to so many kids.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/women-who-stray/202111/does-affirmative-treatment-impair-sexual-response-in-trans-youth

KEY POINTS​

• Individuals who begin trans affirmative treatment prior to puberty and adulthood may have decreased sexual health as adults.
  • The physiology and development of orgasmic capacity remains little understood.
  • Sexual climax involves neuronal stimulation, learning and behavior.
  • Decreased sexual health in trans individuals who begin affirmative care early in life deserves more study and medical attention.

Ideally, what you'd want if your goal were to delay physical changes associated with puberty until a person was old enough to responsibly decide whether he or she wanted those changes is something targeted narrowly just at whatever pathways create irreversible physical changes (especially skeletal changes associated with sex, which are going to be particularly hard to address later -- if you're 6'4" and built like a linebacker, fitting in comfortably as a woman is going to be tough no matter what else you do later in life).
Ideally. There is at least one study showing brain impact even after puberty blockers are stopped. They are still researching that for confirmation, though. So, the early indications are that the ideal does not exist.

I know I was scared of problems that would affect... sexual function. It's a real threat, how many kids understand that?

I know I was scared of problems that would affect... sexual function. It's a real threat, how many kids understand that?

Kids would not understand something they have never experienced. They might not understand that an extremely valued experience would never happen for them, not in their whole life. That is not nothing.

And then there are all the other unknowns. Transgender activists assert, without knowing, that there can be no lasting damage. They cannot possibly know that.

Puberty blockers have been given as a treatment for early puberty. But never before to such large numbers of kids. Lupron is a drug given to prostate cancer patients, as "chemical castration." If you know anyone who is on that drug, you might know that it is a MISERABLE drug to be on. But these patients need it to stay alive, so they are willing to suffer. And this SAME DRUG is given to HEALTHY young children.

Yes, maybe that should cause you to wonder what else they aren't mentioning and what else isn't included in the informed consent forms (hint: they leave a lot out)
Do you understand what informed consent is? The patient is verbally informed of the many risks of going forward and sign reams of paperwork stating that they were informed of the risks of proceeding without a diagnosis from a psychologist, psychiatrist or a therapist as a way to get HRT but they accept those to get the hormones and start the process., They are strongly encourage to find a therapist as part of their treatment team during those IC appointments. Informed consent was introduced as a way to get around gatekeepers and other transphobic people in the medical community who would string trans clients along and never approve them for HRT, despite not finding any medically sufficient reason for refusal. They are often TERFs, religious conservatives or supporters of conversion/reparative therapy. There are also some clients who live in areas where those mental health support people are not available. Informed consent is not encouraged for teens because of those risks.

Do you understand what informed consent is? The patient is verbally informed of the many risks of going forward and sign reams of paperwork stating that they were informed of the risks of proceeding without a diagnosis from a psychologist, psychiatrist or a therapist as a way to get HRT but they accept those to get the hormones and start the process., They are strongly encourage to find a therapist as part of their treatment team during those IC appointments. Informed consent was introduced as a way to get around gatekeepers and other transphobic people in the medical community who would string trans clients along and never approve them for HRT, despite not finding any medically sufficient reason for refusal. They are often TERFs, religious conservatives or supporters of conversion/reparative therapy. There are also some clients who live in areas where those mental health support people are not available. Informed consent is not encouraged for teens because of those risks.

You should read this article. It explains that sexual experience is not well understood. So we have gender identity, which is a confusing concept and not at all well understood. And we have puberty blocking drugs, the lasting effects of which are not well known. And the fact that at least one leading transgender surgeon warns that the blockers may damage sexual health.

In the past, most transgenders probably transitioned as adults, and never took blockers as children, or cross sex hormones as teenagers. So VERY LITTLE is understood about how these interventions might damage children. Transgender children and their parents are being assured it's all perfectly wonderful and safe.

Read this article.

And by the way, you accuse everyone of being a right wing transphobe if theydon't 100% agree with "affirming care." Well I am not in any way a transphobe, or homophobe or anything like that. I have always been extremely liberal when it comes to personal choices like sexual identity. My opinion on this has NOTHING to do with politics, or religion, or anything like that. It is ENTIRELY about preventing the medical industry from damaging children.

You should read this article. It explains that sexual experience is not well understood. So we have gender identity, which is a confusing concept and not at all well understood. And we have puberty blocking drugs, the lasting effects of which are not well known. And the fact that at least one leading transgender surgeon warns that the blockers may damage sexual health.

In the past, most transgenders probably transitioned as adults, and never took blockers as children, or cross sex hormones as teenagers. So VERY LITTLE is understood about how these interventions might damage children. Transgender children and their parents are being assured it's all perfectly wonderful and safe.

Read this article.

And by the way, you accuse everyone of being a right wing transphobe if theydon't 100% agree with "affirming care." Well I am not in any way a transphobe, or homophobe or anything like that. I have always been extremely liberal when it comes to personal choices like sexual identity. My opinion on this has NOTHING to do with politics, or religion, or anything like that. It is ENTIRELY about preventing the medical industry from damaging children.
Abigail Shrier is a transphobic hack who somehow still believes in rapid onset gender dysphoria that has been the but of jokes for almost a couple of years. It was sloppy science. Nobody is forced to take blockers or anything else. A patient of any age can say NO and the Dr obeys. Who is telling you otherwise?

The Drs are noty giving hormones to children. Who is telling you otherwise?

THIS, please @Lisa and a few others PRO-Transitioning kids, read this. This is the thing I and others fear. This tells you what we are worried about. Even if you disagree, read the words of these kids.
and the left hates these kids. Kids being confused doesn't mean they are trans, it means they are confused which is common for kids. The sick liberals who preach the trans crap at them need to be charged with abuse.

and the left hates these kids. Kids being confused doesn't mean they are trans, it means they are confused which is common for kids. The sick liberals who preach the trans crap at them need to be charged with abuse.
Who is preaching anything, to anyone? If you could groom a kids to change their gender identity or their sexual orientation such as being trans or to be gay then trans and gay people not not exist because 99.9% of the people that they meet in life are heterosexual and CIS. The idea that teens and children are being groomed is only believed by people who view logic and science to be foreign languages.

Who is telling you that kids are being groomed? When I heard these claims I wrote them off as a rumor from the Twitterati, a Onion essay or something from Andy Borowitz.

Did you see the article on the elite private school where the facility and teachers were preaching about pronouns, how kids can choose their own gender and decide if they are boys or girls (amongst other things)? It wasn't the main part of the story, but it turns out many of the kids (in just one classroom) decided they were trans? Again. Just in one individual classroom of about 20 kids. Its almost like kids can be easy to confuse.

Abigail Shrier is a transphobic hack who somehow still believes in rapid onset gender dysphoria that has been the but of jokes for almost a couple of years. It was sloppy science. Nobody is forced to take blockers or anything else. A patient of any age can say NO and the Dr obeys. Who is telling you otherwise?

The Drs are noty giving hormones to children. Who is telling you otherwise?
A kid told their problem is they are trans and this will fix them. DOES NOT HAVE THE WHEREWITHAL to question it, and will say yes.
That's where your whole premise falls apart "But the kid said yes so it's okay..."
Did you see the article on the elite private school where the facility and teachers were preaching about pronouns, how kids can choose their own gender and decide if they are boys or girls (amongst other things)? It wasn't the main part of the story, but it turns out many of the kids (in just one classroom) decided they were trans? Again. Just in one individual classroom of about 20 kids. Its almost like kids can be easy to confuse.
Gosh...

THIS, please @Lisa and a few others PRO-Transitioning kids, read this. This is the thing I and others fear. This tells you what we are worried about. Even if you disagree, read the words of these kids.
"Transitioning" kids is on the road to being outlawed, as it should be.

So the soliciting the opinions of parties irrelevant to the matter need not be done.

Ideally. There is at least one study showing brain impact even after puberty blockers are stopped. They are still researching that for confirmation, though. So, the early indications are that the ideal does not exist.
Ideals never exist. But, it should come down to which path leads to less overall statistical harm.

Back
Top Bottom