• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘I’ve Had It With This Guy’: G.O.P. Leaders Privately Blasted Trump After Jan. 6

MTAtech

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

‘I’ve Had It With This Guy’: G.O.P. Leaders Privately Blasted Trump After Jan. 6

In the days after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol building, the two top Republicans in Congress, Representative Kevin McCarthy and Senator Mitch McConnell, told associates they believed President Trump was responsible for inciting the deadly riot and vowed to drive him from politics.

Mr. McCarthy went so far as to say he would push Mr. Trump to resign immediately: “I’ve had it with this guy,” he told a group of Republican leaders.

But within weeks both men backed off an all-out fight with Mr. Trump because they feared retribution from him and his political movement. Their drive to act faded fast as it became clear it would mean difficult votes that would put them at odds with most of their colleagues.

===================
Today, McCarthy denied he said what the Time published. The only problem is that the Times has an audio tape of McCarthy saying what he denied saying.

The only word that comes to my mind is "Coward." Following Watergate, Barry Goldwater went to Nixon and told him that he should resign or be impeached and removed from office. McCarthy had originally had the right patriotic idea but backed off because he wanted to save his political skin.

McCarthy lied?

Look at his speech just after 6JAN and the next one after he kissed Trump’s ring @ Mar-a-Lago.

sMcCarthy lied?

Look at his speech just after 6JAN and the next one after he kissed Trump’s ring @ Mar-a-Lago.
Yep. Trump is essentially the true "deep state" now.

A losing politician with no elected position is dictating congressional policy, in the open and almost certainly in private, via his sychophants, to promote his self serving agenda.

I pretty much expect that everything McCarthy says is what Trump told him to say.

That is an actual deep state.

Where's the audio of the tape? The link is to a paywall. If someone has the link to the audio please post it.

In the days after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol building, the two top Republicans in Congress, Representative Kevin McCarthy and Senator Mitch McConnell, told associates they believed President Trump was responsible for inciting the deadly riot and vowed to drive him from politics.

Mr. McCarthy went so far as to say he would push Mr. Trump to resign immediately: “I’ve had it with this guy,” he told a group of Republican leaders.

But within weeks both men backed off an all-out fight with Mr. Trump because they feared retribution from him and his political movement. Their drive to act faded fast as it became clear it would mean difficult votes that would put them at odds with most of their colleagues.

===================
Today, McCarthy denied he said what the Time published. The only problem is that the Times has an audio tape of McCarthy saying what he denied saying.

The only word that comes to my mind is "Coward." Following Watergate, Barry Goldwater went to Nixon and told him that he should resign or be impeached and removed from office. McCarthy had originally had the right patriotic idea but backed off because he wanted to save his political skin.
The GOP - the party of limp noodles

"Privately" blasted.

Brilliant. Tell you what Republicans - tan your balls for a couple weeks and when your T levels approach that of a pubescent boy let us know when you're man enough to say it publicly.

Where's the audio of the tape? The link is to a paywall. If someone has the link to the audio please post it.
NBC played the audio last night. Denying that it exists or not believing it doesn't change its authenticity. If you heard it, would you change your opinion of the spineless McCarthy?

Seems to me that all these liars are just what the base loves. They feed off this shit.

===================

1650626184418.png

There is no more disgusting, gutless, lying weasel in Congress than Kevin McCarthy. This should be the end for him. Bye.
And he expects to become Speaker of The House next year. My God, that puts him third in line to the presidency.

America needs our prayers.

===================

Can someone please link to the audio clip of McCarthy saying that?

It's already been linked to in another thread. The search function would be a good place to start. Google will work too.
Yeah - odd that the full audio doesn't make it into the articles about the issue.

I've read a bit about it, and the Times came out with a report about GOP leaders having "had it with this guy" - and then McCarthy issued a denial "of the times reporting." Then the media says MCarthy lied because he made some statement on or after January 6, 2021, where he referred to Trump possibly resigning. To know what the deal is here, we have to see the NY Times report (which is paywalled). My experience in these issues is that McCarthy can plausibly deny what the NY times specifically reported, while still having said what he said on January 6.

But, after reading some articles about it - I really don't understand the issue. No Republicans had any qualms about criticizing Trump. There was an entire Never Trump movement in the GOP. Half the Republican establishment openly hated the guy and voted for Joe ****ing Biden.

Whatever.

Back
Top Bottom