• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘I’m sorry I didn’t get the shot’: Former councilman pleaded for people to get COVID vaccine before he died

madman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
And another one. :censored:

PASCAGOULA, Miss. (WLOX) - Just days before dying of COVID-19, former Pascagoula councilman Joe Abston apologized to his wife, telling her he was sorry for not getting the vaccine.

Abston, 51, died Sunday after a short battle with the virus. Despite the shock and overwhelming grief she is enduring, Joe’s wife of nearly 30 years has been very open about her husband’s condition and how he got there. Missy Abston hopes that by sharing his story, it encourages as many people as possible to get vaccinated and take every protection available.

I wonder how many more smugly dismissive conservative freedom-huggers will be saying the same thing as their lungs slowly fill with pus and they drown...

This is really sad. I'm sorry that he got this horrible virus.

I'm flabberghasted that people are so goddamn full of hateful partisanship that they would refuse to get vaccinated to stick it to the liberals.

You, Trumpists dying from COVID, really believe that I was plotting to steal your "freedoms"? You really thought that is what this is all about and you'll literally kill yourself to show me that nobody is gonna tell you what to do?

Hating the left so much that they assume "the left" harbors similar ill will, and killing themselves to show it.

I......

It's time to start denying anti-vaxxers access to major medical treatments: MSNBC doctor

Well, one thing's for sure, our priorities are messed up. Antivaxxers are sucking up all the resources needed by people having strokes, heart attacks, accident victims, cancer patients, transplant recipients, CHILDREN.
Nope, instead we let anti-vaxxers run around preaching their evangel, helping thousands of innocent people get sick and die, and then we drop everything to save the anti-vaxxers, and then some of them leave the hospital and STILL won't get the vaccine.

The anti-vaxxers who wish they HAD gotten it find out it's too late but we still shove everyone else aside so we can hook them up to a ventilator and watch them die.
They share their warning, but their friends don't listen.

WHY?
Why are we doing this?
Who does it help?
What does it accomplish?

I'm flabberghasted that people are so goddamn full of hateful partisanship that they would refuse to get vaccinated to stick it to the liberals.

You, Trumpists dying from COVID, really believe that I was plotting to steal your "freedoms"? You really thought that is what this is all about and you'll literally kill yourself to show me that nobody is gonna tell you what to do?

Hating the left so much that they assume "the left" harbors similar ill will, and killing themselves to show it.

These are the same people who publicly campaign against abortion rights for every woman who must choose between saving the baby's life or her own life, but do not care at all what happens to that baby after the umbilical cord is cut.

Freedom? Forget about it. They want people to die.

It's sad. It is, however, an expected thing right now. There are too many anti-vax people that are at risk of this horrible disease, and getting on a vent is the last place you want to have regrets about not getting vaccinated.

"Just days before dying of COVID-19, former Pascagoula councilman Joe Abston apologized to his wife, telling her he was sorry for not getting the vaccine."

Back
Top Bottom