• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Hostile takeover’: the tiny Florida university targeted by Ron DeSantis

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

DeathSantis' latest target is a tiny, 650-student college that does a lot of things progressive:

González also really liked the fact that instead of giving students a grade, faculty members produce detailed evaluations in writing of each student under their supervision. “It was so dynamically better than any other situation I could have encountered,” said the 23-year-old survivor of the Parkland school shooting, which killed three staff members and 14 students. “New College is such a transparently trans and queer school, and that’s one of the reasons why DeSantis decided to stage this hostile takeover.”

While I don't agree with the lack of grades, DeathSantis has no business attacking this tiny school for doing what they want to do. If righties want a right-wing safe space, they can go elsewhere. Such places already exist.

I'm sure our resident righties will tell us that this is an example of "limited government." :rolleyes:

Oh, there's no doubt that DeSantis is a little dictator in FL. That's one of many reasons he won't go any father in politics than the governor of FL unless you count possibly being a senator one day.

Oh, there's no doubt that DeSantis is a little dictator in FL. That's one of many reasons he won't go any father in politics than the governor of FL unless you count possibly being a senator one day.

Don't underestimate this guy like we did trump in 2016.

I'm sure our resident righties will tell us that this is an example of "limited government." :rolleyes:

It's a public college, controlled by the state, and DeSantis is the governor. You want state control, well there you go.

Such an institution wouldn't even exist under "limited government".

It's a public college, controlled by the state, and DeSantis is the governor. You want state control, well there you go.

You do not want any state supported colleges?

And here we go:

You hate limited government, academic freedom, or both.

Projection. When should the book burnings start?

I don't know, why don't you ask the idiot progressive college students who loathe the idea of free speech:

Oh that's right, your boy DeSantis wants to censor books in the classroom too. First Amendment, my ass. :rolleyes:

Then they can pay for them voluntarily, but leave the rest of us alone.

Yep, having a situation where only the rich can afford college is a really fantastic idea.

Srew the poor and the American dream of getting out of poverty through hard work at school to get better jobs.

Yep, having a situation where only the rich can afford college is a really fantastic idea.

Srew the poor and the American dream of getting out of poverty through hard work at school to get better jobs.
Many GOP Congressmen went to ivy league schools. If your parents are not rich, the GOP does not care about you.

Some people think that an educated populace makes for a stronger country.

I agree, it does.

But "if the government doesn't provide it, then it won't be provided" doesn't work with education.

The market already provides it. Anyone with an internet connection can become highly educated in just about any subject for free.

I realize that's an anti-MAGA position, but there it is.

It's not "anti-maga", since Trump would probably agree with you.

The market already provides it. Anyone with an internet connection can become highly educated in just about any subject for free.
So you'd be OK with free internet and computers for all, provided by the government?
Trump loves the uneducated. He's given his word on that.

I agree, it does.

But "if the government doesn't provide it, then it won't be provided" doesn't work with education.

You would go to a doctor who learned from the internet?

Back
Top Bottom