• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘He’s a small child’: Utah police shot a 13-year-old autistic boy after his mother called 911 for he

Adam Lanza was about multiple failures. Did this woman leave her son home with a gun in the house? At the moment we dont know but it doesnt sound like it.. How about working to get him into see a psychiatrist and her some help with handling him, then he has a loving mother taking care of him and gets help he needs in a supportive environment.

This country needs serious help with its mental health issues.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

What all the GOP defunding of mental health hasn't worked out well? Seriously? But how would the cops get all the action they crave? :roll:

This country needs to stop pretending that unleashing dangerous mental defects on society is a good idea.
Not trying to help them is the problem. You dont find such people by threatening them with life in a mental institution when they don't fit your expectations. Helping them resolve their problems in other ways does help. Understanding them and their needs.

Not trying to help them is the problem. You dont find such people by threatening them with life in a mental institution when they don't fit your expectations. Helping them resolve their problems in other ways does help. Understanding them and their needs.

You don’t help them by exposing them to society and situations they are mentally incapable of handling. They pose an ongoing danger to themselves and society at large and belong in an institution.

I'm sure conservatives will go digging to a 13 year old boy's past with the hopes of justifying the actions of the police.

You are correct, it has everything to do with either justifying the actions of condemning them and pursuing a prosecution. You can't do either until you have a thorough investigation, unless you are a Democrat. Democrats just make judgements based on rumor, innuendo and skin color.

Oh come now, I'm sure if you read the depths of alt-right media you can find justfication to make heroes of these cops, show a little effort for the alt-right cause. Show alittle pride in your white persecution victimhood, and a little backbone in your undying consscession to an authoritarian state! :roll:
:lamo

Its amazing how readily you demonstrate the irony of YOU, of all 'people', labeling TRUMP an American Idiot.

You don’t help them by exposing them to society and situations they are mentally incapable of handling. They pose an ongoing danger to themselves and society at large and belong in an institution.

Yeah, only the right wing closed those down years ago.

The police said they were called to the scene on reports of an armed individual with mental issues threatening people with a weapon.

Fine, they should prepare for that but, when their eyes contradict that initial complaint, they should switch gears. That's a horrible excuse for a bad decision.

This country needs to stop pretending that unleashing dangerous mental defects on society is a good idea.

And your solution?

Should we also give them the ice bath treatment to get the demons out of them?

No, we should just let them continue to roam freely murdering innocent people for deranged reasons. :roll:

No, we should just let them continue to roam freely murdering innocent people for deranged reasons. :roll:

So who is going to pay for these institutions?

What all the GOP defunding of mental health hasn't worked out well? Seriously? But how would the cops get all the action they crave? :roll:

do some research ... it wasn't the GOP that defunded mental health.

:lamo

Its amazing how readily you demonstrate the irony of YOU, of all 'people', labeling TRUMP an American Idiot.

The only one dumber than Trump® is any member of his base.... :lamo

Which means that they will live in squalor.

And 20 elementary school children would be alive today. It’s not like institutions like this don’t exist today. They do..they just need expanded capacity. Do you have any evidence that they’re squalid?

The police said they were called to the scene on reports of an armed individual with mental issues threatening people with a weapon.

And the mother didnt tell them he wasnt? He was a child. A child, with mental issues, and they dont at least CONFIRM his being an imminent lethal threat? Dont confirm seeing a weapon?

If the bar for cops is so low that they dont even have to confirm a threat...no one is safe.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

And the mother didnt tell them he wasnt? He was a child. A child, with mental issues, and they dont at least CONFIRM his being an imminent lethal threat? Dont confirm seeing a weapon?

If the bar for cops is so low that they dont even have to confirm a threat...no one is safe.

I don’t care if he had mental issues. It doesn’t make him less dangerous. He was reported as threatening people with a weapon. The solution is not to let him run away to find more victims he can slice open or shoot while the police are trying to catch up.

Last edited:
Hm. You think that happened because of autism?

I know that happened because a dangerous mental defect was allowed to remain at home instead of institutionalized.

I know that happened because a dangerous mental defect was allowed to remain at home instead of institutionalized.

And to your mind, all "mental defects" are the same?

So who is going to pay for these institutions?

Once upon a time they were all state funded .. that could apply for minor fed assistance.
During the 70s there was a big social justice push to not place disturbed folk in institutions.. States started to defund and quit asking for fed aid.. States removed psychiatric help from their budgets... with no requests for aid, the feds removed it from budget consideration.

The answer is..... State funding.

A person prone to violent outbursts making them a danger to themselves and others has no place in the wild of society. How many people have to be murdered by mental defects before they’re put where they belong?

So all the men with domestic abuse convictions and road rage convictions, etc. should be locked up permanently? I mean, obviously they cant control their anger either.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Back
Top Bottom