• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Goat Fund Me’: California city’s audacious plan to fight wildfires with farm animals

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.rt.com/usa/448607-nevada-city-goat-fund-me/

California has been ravaged by brutal, ever-worsening wildfires in recent years, with death tolls mounting and costs skyrocketing, but one city has developed an ingenious plan to fight fire…with goats.

Flanked on all sides by forests replete with dried brush and bristles, the perfect kindling for the kinds of wildfires that scorched vast swathes of California in recent years with devastating effect, sits Nevada City.
========================================
Goats will eat almost anything green. Outfits here in the NE rent out herds of goats to keep steep highway rights-of-way clear of brush while feeding their goats at a fraction of the usual cost. It could be the perfect alternative to the Liar-in-Chief's recommendation that CA 'rake' their forest floors. Use herds of goats instead.

Last edited:

California has been ravaged by brutal, ever-worsening wildfires in recent years, with death tolls mounting and costs skyrocketing, but one city has developed an ingenious plan to fight fire…with goats.

Flanked on all sides by forests replete with dried brush and bristles, the perfect kindling for the kinds of wildfires that scorched vast swathes of California in recent years with devastating effect, sits Nevada City.
Goats will eat almost anything green. Outfits here in the NE rent out herds of goats to keep steep highway rights-of-way clear of brush while feeding their goats at a fraction of the cost. It could be the perfect alternative to the Liar-in-Chief's recommendation that CA 'rake' their forest floors. Use herds of goats instead.

Goat mow and fertilize at the same time.

Goats will eat almost anything green. Outfits here in the NE rent out herds of goats to keep steep highway rights-of-way clear of brush while feeding their goats at a fraction of the cost. It could be the perfect alternative to the Liar-in-Chief's recommendation that CA 'rake' their forest floors. Use herds of goats instead.

And pretty quickly we will be hearing about "nuisance goats." Eat anything, head butters, but not to sound too negative, it might work.
/

Well, seeing that Trump is going to gut their disaster relief funding to fund his wall, and his suggestion that they should just rake their forests more, and not wanting to do anything about climate change either, California may be out of options.

I've seen the goat process on the side of roadways several times. It's pretty impressive. I drove by the first day and thought what the heck? Within a few days the area was cleared.

Good to know someone in California knows how to use their brain.

Just wait though....some PETA pukes will have a **** fit.

I've seen the goat process on the side of roadways several times. It's pretty impressive. I drove by the first day and thought what the heck? Within a few days the area was cleared.

Naval Weapons Station around here would allow local cattle owners to graze the land.

Goats will eat almost anything green. Outfits here in the NE rent out herds of goats to keep steep highway rights-of-way clear of brush while feeding their goats at a fraction of the usual cost. It could be the perfect alternative to the Liar-in-Chief's recommendation that CA 'rake' their forest floors. Use herds of goats instead.

I had to laugh, a few months ago when I was looking for deep cleaning services for the house (they do great $130 for a deep clean of the whole house!!Nice!) Up popped "rent goats" as a service. I was tempted to have them hang out in our back yard for a bit just to piss off my cats and the neighbor dog.

Good to know someone in California knows how to use their brain.

Just wait though....some PETA pukes will have a **** fit.

Let us know. I can't imagine why.

Screw 'em if they do.

Back
Top Bottom