• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Go somewhere else’: Florida officials crack down on spring break amid COVID pandemic

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Florida officials are cracking down on spring-breakers hoping to flee to the state’s beaches amid the pandemic.

New restrictions are being implemented to help slow the spread of COVID-19 as vacationers touch down in popular South Florida destinations like South Beach, where fewer Miami vices like staying out past midnight and alcohol consumption, among other things, will be tolerated.

“If you’re coming here because you think it’s an anything-goes place, please turn around or go somewhere else,” Miami Beach Mayor Dan Gelber told WPLG-TV this week.
==============================================================
I think the virus got blown off by De Santis & now they are swinging back to a more rational POV.

I hope they don’t come to Arizona but I bet they do..I think March is gonna be a nightmare.

I hope they don’t come to Arizona but I bet they do..I think March is gonna be a nightmare.

Hehe, here in So. Cal. we were saying the same thing about the Zonis all last summer.

Hehe, here in So. Cal. we were saying the same thing about the Zonis all last summer.

I bet we had more Californians come to AZ than Arizonans go to California over the summer. We never really shutdown so they loved it here.

I bet we had more Californians come to AZ than Arizonans go to California over the summer. We never really shutdown so they loved it here.

Could be. Good old Havasu. But things were pretty open here over the summer. No live music or mass gatherings, but no real limits on outdoor bars and dining, and the beaches were packed.

Stay the **** home and be happy that you get a spring break at all. Most adults don't.

Florida officials are cracking down on spring-breakers hoping to flee to the state’s beaches amid the pandemic.

New restrictions are being implemented to help slow the spread of COVID-19 as vacationers touch down in popular South Florida destinations like South Beach, where fewer Miami vices like staying out past midnight and alcohol consumption, among other things, will be tolerated.

“If you’re coming here because you think it’s an anything-goes place, please turn around or go somewhere else,” Miami Beach Mayor Dan Gelber told WPLG-TV this week.
==============================================================
I think the virus got blown off by De Santis & now they are swinging back to a more rational POV.

deathsantis_1600_c.png

If major Florida locations are trying to shut down tourism, it will AGAIN be FANTASTIC for our area. Every time this happens our county is swamped with tourists - which is great for the local economy.

Although this county is over 70% elderly and has steadfastly resisted all the covid-19 campaign rules of the richest white racists on earth - resulting is massive tourism - of course the covid-19 death rate is under 0.1%. This because we are not following the spread-covid-19 rules such as masks, forcing everyone into WalMart stores and essentially keeping people locked inside where 99% of viral diseases spread.

The more areas that keep killing their own people by the fake covid-19 restrictions that actually maximize the spread of viral diseases, the more profitable it is for our community. The average house sale now happens here within 24 hours of being listed, housing prices skyrocketing, and new construction of homes going on ASAP.

Some people are smart enough to flee Jeff Bezos, the WalMart heirs, XI Jinping's and the plutocrats covid-19 enforced poverty and death-requirements. They're coming here and they are welcome IF they leave their Democratic corporate-fascist loyalties behind them.

Hopefully, Yankees and the large urban areas including in Florida will keep on trying to kill their people and destroy their local economies - all to our community's benefit and profit.

Back
Top Bottom