• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Germans have had enough of this’ Polish experts blast Merkel & claim Europe ‘is dead

Re: ‘Germans have had enough of this’ Polish experts blast Merkel & claim Europe ‘is

How the heck would you know what Germans should have had enough of?

You don't live there, you know little to nothing of the country and you don't, I suspect, know any Germans.

Because if even one of those parameters came to bear, you'd know what a massive fail the OP is, what a massive fail the article it bases on is and what a load of mindless and ignorant blather the cited source constitutes.

I have family in Germany.. He is right.. The left is about to get kicked to the curb..

Re: ‘Germans have had enough of this’ Polish experts blast Merkel & claim Europe ‘is

I have family in Germany.. He is right.. The left is about to get kicked to the curb..
Then your family must have trouble understanding current issues there.

Do you really feel it to be at all wise to clutter up the issue with a report from over two months ago?

The current polls show the CDU/CSU to be at 32 pct and the SPD to be at 22 pct. :roll:

So what do you think inspired such numbers?

So what do you think inspired such numbers?
which ones, those of end May or those of today?

which ones, those of end May or those of today?

today

Right...
and while i'm at it, i'll ask a room full of Black Lives Matter protesters how they view current police tactics.

In other words, i already know the answer.

Have you seen BLMs manifesto? Unbelievable, it even has something on climate change.

Dude, I don't know where you get this gibberish, but it's incoherent.

im trying to explain things in a way you can understand. :lol: So lets try this again, Germany is a major economic power when they do poorly we do better, the same way as when china does better America does worse... follow?

I never understand why conservative can understand this logic when it applies to brown countries, but never for europe?

im trying to explain things in a way you can understand. :lol: So lets try this again, Germany is a major economic power when they do poorly we do better, the same way as when china does better America does worse... follow?

I never understand why conservative can understand this logic when it applies to brown countries, but never for europe?

I don't think you know what the **** you're talking about.

I don't think you know what the **** you're talking about.

yes you do silly

They're not all that different from the "real" figures of May. "Real" figures not really to be expected from a relative newcomer to the pollster market as INSA (the one cited by you, respectively by DW).

INSA is also the favorite pollster that the AfD places it survey orders with and, strangely, the AfD always comes out better than with the long established polling insitutes like "Wahlen", FORSA and Allensbach. The latter three actually have been doing pretty good forecasts for decades, political polling is their forte.

INSA does mainly consumer markets, it's political polls are not taken particularly seriously by anyone. It also works in close cooperation with (Brit) Yougov, exchanging tasks. If one wants to know reliability of Yougov, one need look only at their Brexit predictions.

Wahlen, in business since 1977 and always pretty near to the final result, puts CDU/CSU currently at actual 35pct and SPD at 24 pct. (if elections were next Sunday). AfD at 11.

Allensbach veers off from that with the CDU/CSU at 35.5 pct and the SPD at 22.5 pct (AfD 9.5)

FORSA is pretty similar.

Here's a link to the seven polling institutes that count, showing their most recent results, and note how INSA falls somewhat out of the general trend. In the text below there's also reference of INSA (as the only one) posing its question solely online and putting it to a designated group of (chosen) people. All the others go random.

The figures of today are easily explained by there being no alternative on offer. The AfD is not seen as serious (making it ineligible as a coalition partner to any other grouping) and the rest, even if they were not at odds with each other already, couldn't get enough votes together.

The OP is, as so often, a total fail as we've come to expect. The guy cited in the article that all this is based on is a blathering idiot.

For a variety of reasons that go beyond this issue but that I won't go into here.

I have family in Germany.. He is right..
The left is about to get kicked to the curb..

Tell that to the Trump followers who will be bringing up the rear in November.

:lol:

EUROPE is “at the end of its existence” following a summer of terror and the EU’s free movement policy, an ex-Polish counter-terror officer has warned.

Former Central Bureau of Investigation officer Jacek Wrona gave a damning forecast about the future of Europe, claiming people have lost faith in the political system.

Speaking on a Polish chat show, he said: “The worst problem for the police service is political correctness.

Angela Merkel condemned: 'Germans have had enough' Polish experts claim 'Europe is dead' | World | News | Daily Express

You bet it is! PC and liberalism are destroyers of civilizations!

they got past world war 1 and 2 this is not as bad but if it makes you feel better a europoclalips would probably lower immigration

They're not all that different from the "real" figures of May. "Real" figures not really to be expected from a relative newcomer to the pollster market as INSA (the one cited by you, respectively by DW).

INSA is also the favorite pollster that the AfD places it survey orders with and, strangely, the AfD always comes out better than with the long established polling insitutes like "Wahlen", FORSA and Allensbach. The latter three actually have been doing pretty good forecasts for decades, political polling is their forte.

INSA does mainly consumer markets, it's political polls are not taken particularly seriously by anyone. It also works in close cooperation with (Brit) Yougov, exchanging tasks. If one wants to know reliability of Yougov, one need look only at their Brexit predictions.

Wahlen, in business since 1977 and always pretty near to the final result, puts CDU/CSU currently at actual 35pct and SPD at 24 pct. (if elections were next Sunday). AfD at 11.

Allensbach veers off from that with the CDU/CSU at 35.5 pct and the SPD at 22.5 pct (AfD 9.5)

FORSA is pretty similar.

Here's a link to the seven polling institutes that count, showing their most recent results, and note how INSA falls somewhat out of the general trend. In the text below there's also reference of INSA (as the only one) posing its question solely online and putting it to a designated group of (chosen) people. All the others go random.

The figures of today are easily explained by there being no alternative on offer. The AfD is not seen as serious (making it ineligible as a coalition partner to any other grouping) and the rest, even if they were not at odds with each other already, couldn't get enough votes together.

The OP is, as so often, a total fail as we've come to expect. The guy cited in the article that all this is based on is a blathering idiot.

For a variety of reasons that go beyond this issue but that I won't go into here.

Shouldn't that link be translated into English?

FORSA is pretty similar.

So do you like Merkel?

So do you like Merkel?

She's a real jewel.

She's a real jewel.

Yeah, a glittering idiot.

Yeah, a glittering idiot.

She's done more for Germany than any three previous male Chancellors in German history.

Her approval ratings have plummeted, but Merkel was right about opening the doors to migrants. And most of Europe does not understand why.

Here's why in a piece of research that has merit for anyone living in Europe:
20160723_FNC133_0.png

From the accompanying text:
A new report on the demographic outlook by Berenberg, a German bank, focuses on one important measure: the dependency ratio. This compares the number of children and the elderly with people of working age (those aged 15-64). The higher the dependency ratio, the greater the burden on the workforce. In the world’s biggest economies, America apart, the workforce is set to shrink significantly (see chart).

In many developed countries, the dependency ratio rose after the second world war (thanks to the baby boom), fell in the late 1960s and 1970s as the boomers entered the workforce, and has recently started rising again. That history makes it possible to analyse how economies performed during periods of both falling and rising ratios. Berenberg based its analysis on ten rich countries: America, Australia, Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

The housing market seems an obvious place to start. You would expect a growing workforce to push house prices higher, as wage-earners seek more space for their families. Sure enough, the authors find that, since 1960, the median increase in real house prices when the dependency ratio was decreasing (ie, when there were relatively more workers) was 2.7% a year. However, when the dependency ratio was increasing (ie, relatively fewer workers), real house prices fell by 0.2% a year.

Similarly, as you might expect, real GDP per person tends to grow faster (2.6%) in years when the dependency ratio is falling than in years when it is rising (1.9%). Having more workers makes it easier for the economy to grow. Inflation also tends to be higher (4.1%) in years when the dependency ratio is falling and lower (2.7%) when the ratio is increasing.

That points to a problem. In recent decades, the developed world has seen a big surge in total debt-to-GDP ratios in both the private and public sectors. People tend to take on debt for two reasons: to maintain their consumption or to buy an asset (for individuals, often a home). This requires a belief on the part of the debtor (and the lender) that, at a minimum, their future incomes and asset prices will not both fall by a lot, so the money can be paid back.

Germany needs manpower than its own population is not sufficiently supplying. In a word, the lady has more brain matter than any male of the German political class.

In time, Hillary, will have the same effect in America ...
------------------------------

Last edited:

So do you like Merkel?
Well I don't get to vote anyone in Germany so it doen't (wouldn't) matter.

I have however never liked her overall politics (before and separated from the refugee and/or immigration issue). Mainly because I see her as primarily a "power clinger" with every other issue coming second to her.

I hold her "EU" policies to be myopic and devoid of inspiration, and her "gesture" of opening the gates last fall, where commendable on the humanitarian level, to have been equally short sighted wrt how to handle the results that were bound to arise.

Much of her following stance constitutes prevarication in that at the time she was in the first line of those that denied financial and other aid to refugees already causing camps in Jordan to overflow. The situation of refugees already in Turkey was just as known at the time and Greece as well as Italy (much earlier) were left to cope with those that didn't wash up drowned already on their shores.

Foresight is not her forte and never has been and in that she's Kohl's spiritual child. Like with him her chief limb of action being the butt she tends to sit things out on.

There never was a plan and there is none now.

What she currently profits from is the fact that the Balkan route by which the refugee deluge came last year is decidedly blocked and thru no making of her own. The deal with Turkey is set to fall, especially after the latest developments there. So there's no solution in sight anywhere and her constant bleating that the origin of the mass flight need be addressed (the war in Syria) is meaningless, considering that both Germany and the EU overall have zero influence in that region altogether, let alone any sort of power.

No, I don't like her and she'd never get my vote if I were eligible to vote.

She's done more for Germany than any three previous male Chancellors in German history.
I'd hold that to be a rather naive take. What she's done is profit from extreme and highly unpopular austerity measure that the administration prior to her imposed upon the Germans. An SPD led administration that subsequently lost the elections that followed, due to precisely the un-popularity of these measures.

She has then continued to peddle the sham that subsequent recovery of the economy is down purely to her and done that to the point of meanwhile probably believing it was her that imposed the restrictions on the German people. A myth/lie that most Germans have apparently come to believe themselves by now.
Her approval ratings have plummeted, but Merkel was right about opening the doors to migrants. And most of Europe does not understand why......................~
.....on a humanitarian level I'd agree but the truth is that she had no understanding of the numbers that would evolve and the whole country was and still is devoid of the administrative institutions of handling (properly processing and channelling) such a deluge.

They should have had enough of Merkel by now.

Why should they?

She's the most popular Chancellor they've had - despite the Migrant Problem, which she has handled with aplomb.

Besides, as I have posted below, Germany needs the manpower that the migrants will provide in the future. German women have decided they'd rather work than have children ...

How the heck would you know what Germans should have had enough of? You don't live there, you know little to nothing of the country and you don't, I suspect, know any Germans.

Because if even one of those parameters came to bear, you'd know ... what a massive fail the article it bases on is and what a load of mindless and ignorant blather the cited source constitutes.

Ignorant blather is a mainstay on this site. Get used to it and learn to "Move on", or they'll drive you crazy with their mindless blather.

Intelligence has NEVER been a prerequisite for posting excrement commentary and the Internet has given the scoundrels a sounding board they would never had had otherwise ...

Ignorant blather is a mainstay on this site. Get used to it and learn to "Move on", or they'll drive you crazy with their mindless blather.

Intelligence has NEVER been a prerequisite for posting excrement commentary and the Internet has given the scoundrels a sounding board they would never had had otherwise ...
Oh I suffer no delusions wrt changing any moron's mind. Main reason I post is to show the lies that are spread for what they are. For the benefit of those not quite so brain dead yet that they might be interested in feeding on more than just crap.

Why should they?

She's the most popular Chancellor they've had - despite the Migrant Problem, which she has handled with aplomb.

Besides, as I have posted below, Germany needs the manpower that the migrants will provide in the future. German women have decided they'd rather work than have children ...

She couldn't lick the bottom of Adenauer's shoes.

By 2060 massive demographic change in the USA will reduce the GOP to a much smaller party.

Let's hope. It deserves to disappear from the face of the earth.

Here is an excellent review of research in the matter of Demographic Change (by the Pew Research Center) as it relates to the US: 10 demographic trends that are shaping the U.S. and the world.

Excerpt:

1 - Americans are more racially and ethnically diverse than in the past, and the U.S. is projected to be even more diverse in the coming decades.

2 - U.S. ImmigrantsAsia has replaced Latin America (including Mexico) as the biggest source of new immigrants to the U.S. In a reversal of one of the largest mass migrations in modern history, net migration flows from Mexico to the U.S. turned negative between 2009 and 2014, as more Mexicans went home than arrived in the U.S. Meanwhile, Asians are now the only major racial or ethnic group whose numbers are rising mainly because of immigration. And while African immigrants make up a small share of the U.S. immigrant population, their numbers are also growing steadily – roughly doubling every decade since 1970.

3 - America’s demographic changes are shifting the electorate – and American politics. The 2016 electorate will be the most diverse in U.S. history due to strong growth among Hispanic eligible voters, particularly U.S.-born youth. There are also wide gaps opening up between the generations on many social and political issues.

4 - Millennials, young adults born after 1980, are the new generation to watch. They have likely surpassed Baby Boomers (born 1946-1964) as the largest U.S. generation and differ significantly from their elders in many ways. They are the most racially diverse generation in American history: 43% of Millennial adults are non-white, the highest share of any generation.

5 - Women’s role in the labor force and leadership positions has grown dramatically. The labor force participation rate for American women has risen steadily since the 1960s. In fact, mothers were the sole or primary breadwinner in a record 40% of all households with children in 2011.

6 - The American family is changing. After decades of declining marriage rates, the share of American adults who have never been married is at an historic high. Two-parent households are on the decline in the U.S., while divorce, remarriage and cohabitation are on the rise. About one-in-six American kids now live in a blended family. And the roles of mothers and fathers are converging, due in part to the rise of breadwinner moms.

7 - The share of Americans who live in middle class households is shrinking. The share of U.S. adults living in middle-income households fell to 50% in 2015, after more than four decades in which those households served as the nation’s economic majority. And the financial gaps between middle- and upper-income Americans have widened, with upper-income households holding 49% of U.S. aggregate household income

8 - Christians are declining as a share of the U.S. population, and the number of U.S. adults who do not identify with any organized religion has grown. While the U.S. remains home to more Christians than any other country, the percentage of Americans identifying as Christian dropped from 78% in 2007 to 71% in 2014. By contrast, the religiously unaffiliated have surged seven percentage points in that time span to make up 23% of U.S. adults last year.

9 - The world’s religious makeup will look a lot different by 2050: Over the next four decades, Christians will remain the largest religious group, but Islam will grow faster than any other major religion, mostly because Muslims are younger and have more children than any other religious group globally. By 2050, the number of Muslims will nearly equal the number of Christians.

10 - The world is aging. The demographic future for the U.S. and the world looks very different than the recent past. Growth from 1950 to 2010 was rapid — the global population nearly tripled, and the U.S. population doubled. However, population growth from 2010 to 2050 is projected to be significantly slower and is expected to tilt strongly to the oldest age groups, both globally and in the U.S.

The sociological changes/evolutions are likely to alter American politics profoundly for some time to come.

Let's hope for the better as a more educated and "aware" class of individual comes to the fore. Moreover, the impact of smart-women in politics will change fundamentally international relations. Hillary's win in November will boost that factor enormously in the US ...

Back
Top Bottom