• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Generation Snowflake’ – hysterical young women who can’t cope with being offended

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Hey feminists: You built that.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/uncategori...odern-kids-who-cant-cope-with-being-offended/

She said British and American universities are dominated by cabals of young women who are dead set on banning anything they find remotely offensive.

“It illustrated this generation’s almost belligerent sense of entitlement. They assume their emotional suffering takes precedence. Express a view they disagree with and you must immediately recant and apologise.”

Last edited:
Re: ‘Generation Snowflake’ – hysterical young women who can’t cope with being offende

Feminism built random people saying stupid ****?

Feminism is built on people saying stupid ****. You just needed to restructure that sentence to make it 100% correct.

Re: ‘Generation Snowflake’ – hysterical young women who can’t cope with being offende

Feminism is built on people saying stupid ****. You just needed to restructure that sentence to make it 100% correct.

Feminists do that because women are genetically unable to take criticism, admit when they are wrong and apologize. Add to this lack of humor and and the ability to laugh at themselves - aka the art of self-deprecation.

The American men, on the other hand, have all of the above pat down. A quote:

For all their faults, one of the most endearing traits of the American men is their ability to laugh at themselves, their imperfections and occasional clumsiness. TV advertisers are notorious for the smart-wife-dumb-husband, politically correct ads, and nobody is rioting in holy indignation. The American men also mastered the art of admitting faults and apologizing when they screw up.

Women could benefit greatly by acting likewise. If saying, “I didn’t mean to offend you and I am sorry” is excruciatingly painful to you, try to practice the phrase when you are alone. To see how well you are doing, use your smart phone as a recorder, listen to yourself and keep at it until you can’t tell if you are sincere or faking it.

While we are on the subject of your imperfections, let me add that few things are more irritating to men than being asked rhetorical questions women are so good at - with how can you be so careless when he breaks a dish as one of the dumbest. You may recall that when it happened to you, he asked if you were OK. So, try not to blame him for everything, including when you burn your dress while ironing because - just to keep you happy - he will apologize for that, too.

Feminists do that because women are genetically unable to take criticism, admit when they are wrong and apologize. Add to this lack of humor and and the ability to laugh at themselves - aka the art of self-deprecation.

I take it you're single.

For all their faults, one of the most endearing traits of the American men is their ability to laugh at themselves, their imperfections and occasional clumsiness. TV advertisers are notorious for the smart-wife-dumb-husband, politically correct ads, and nobody is rioting in holy indignation. The American men also mastered the art of admitting faults and apologizing when they screw up.

Women could benefit greatly by acting likewise. If saying, “I didn’t mean to offend you and I am sorry” is excruciatingly painful to you, try to practice the phrase when you are alone. To see how well you are doing, use your smart phone as a recorder, listen to yourself and keep at it until you can’t tell if you are sincere or faking it.

While we are on the subject of your imperfections, let me add that few things are more irritating to men than being asked rhetorical questions women are so good at - with how can you be so careless when he breaks a dish as one of the dumbest. You may recall that when it happened to you, he asked if you were OK. So, try not to blame him for everything, including when you burn your dress while ironing because - just to keep you happy - he will apologize for that, too.

Meanwhile, I'll be on the lookout for you making fun of yourself.

Not all women are feminists, and plenty of women think that the whole feminist movement is nonsense.

But there are some general things that you said that I can relate to, such as the need to tell white lies when you're in a relationship with a woman, it just makes life easier.

I don't want to turn this into a woman bashing thread, lets keep it to a feminist bashing thread lol.

Moonbeam.jpg

This is what happens when everybody gets a trophy. Hopefully this SJW idiocy ends soon, and doesn't come back, at least not until long after I'm dead.

I take it you're single.
Meanwhile, I'll be on the lookout for you making fun of yourself.

Ain't gonna happen. Self deprecation works only among friends.

I am not single. That's how know men-women things.

One of the best things that happened to me was when the high school gym teacher offended me in front of the whole class - boys and girls - with a crude remark about me being skinny and weak.

His immediate reward was an outburst of laughter. My immediate reaction was, "just wait, you son of a bitch, and I will show you something". No, I didn't run home crying. I didn't need counseling. I didn't want to sue the guy, either. But, then, it was not in "America".

Instead, I started pumping iron. When I was twenty, I placed 13th in the national competition. Today, at 74, my weight is exactly what it was then - 190 pounds and my waist - 35 inches. I would like to hug that teacher if I could.

While I'm not usually impressed by the regular outbursts we see on this forum from people who've had their feelings hurt by so-called SJWs, 'generation snowflake' is rather amusing. Might have to start using it :lol:

:lamo

Feminism built random people saying stupid ****?

Nope...wrong as usual.

Better....

One of the best things that happened to me was when the high school gym teacher offended me in front of the whole class - boys and girls - with a crude remark about me being skinny and weak.

His immediate reward was an outburst of laughter. My immediate reaction was, "just wait, you son of a bitch, and I will show you something". No, I didn't run home crying. I didn't need counseling. I didn't want to sue the guy, either. But, then, it was not in "America".

Instead, I started pumping iron. When I was twenty, I placed 13th in the national competition. Today, at 74, my weight is exactly what it was then - 190 pounds and my waist - 35 inches. I would like to hug that teacher if I could.

I see so much of this crap I wanna puke!
When a traumatic event happened when I was in grade school, high school or college, we didn't require counselors. We sucked it up!

Well stated.

My wife really bristles when she hears the word feminism. She says it's as dumb as any other liberal trait.

I see so much of this crap I wanna puke!
When a traumatic event happened when I was in grade school, high school or college, we didn't require counselors. We sucked it up!

Amen to that! When will these kids learn that ya gotta take all that humiliation and anger and bury it deep down inside to use at the appropriate time, like when Obama becomes President.

Off the subject, at the other end of the age spectrum, so many old men do this "look at me" act, begging the question why anyone sane would like to appear older than they actually are.

What is the purpose? Feel sorry for me? I just moved and I live in a cave now? I lost my shaver? WTF?

For example:

351D564000000578-0-HOLLYWOOD_CA_JUNE_09_Actor_Harrison_Ford_attends_the_AFI_Life_Ac-m-57_1465537862253.jpg

It seems to me that she’s just moaning about something she finds offensive (or pretends to find offensive to help promote her book).

I’m personally “offended” by trash like the Sun claiming to be a newspaper when it routinely publishes marketing press releases like this as if they’re news.

What a load!

i don't know whether to laugh or cry that people actually believe this tripe.

While your anecdote is deeply touching, it is just an anecdote. Some people are physically incapable of living out the wonderful story you told. And some people, rightly so, are not in the least bit interested in showing a bully what for by being 'motivated' to "prove" themselves to someone who really does not have their best interest at heart. Everyone should be encouraged to develop whatever talents they have, and not be humiliated into thinking they must change themselves to avoid humiliation at the hands of insensitive buffoons. How many kids with something to offer give up on themselves? There are a lot of anecdotes out there, and not every one has the same "happy" ending as yours. But I suppose there could be a market for merchandise with the saying: "Have you hugged a bully today?"

I stopped reading after that part now in big letters.

That was the most pathetic piece of **** I've ever seen anyone post on this board, and that's saying a lot.

That was the most pathetic piece of **** I've ever seen anyone post on this board, and that's saying a lot.

Meh, I don't believe women have a genetic disposition to such behavior. However, i do find women to be way more sensitive in my particular work environment. I have to be very careful how I say things to the women I supervise, everything has to be sugar-coated with rainbows and unicorns.

Then, try to explain why terms like mean and nagging instinctively correlate with girls and women rather than men.

How often did you hear someone say, "mean boys" for every 100 of "mean girls"?

How often did you hear someone say, "nagging husband" for every 100 of "nagging wife"?

Do you know why men die sooner? They are nagged to death.

Didn't think anyone would agree with that stuff today, much less say it.
Hey, whatever you think of Hillary Clinton, (and I bet I know!), you have to like that quote where she said Trump was "temperamentally unfit to be President and Commander in Chief", using the words that had been used to describe women and power for so long.

Then, try to explain why terms like mean and nagging instinctively correlate with girls and women rather than men.

How often did you hear someone say, "mean boys" for every 100 of "mean girls"?

How often did you hear someone say, "nagging husband" for every 100 of "nagging wife"?

Do you know why men die sooner? They are nagged to death.

If you are married, your wife is probably suicidal living with someone who thinks as you do. My heart goes out to her.

No wonder you're a Trump supporter.

Back
Top Bottom