• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Generation Snowflake’ – hysterical young women who can’t cope with being offended

Re: ‘Generation Snowflake’ – hysterical young women who can’t cope with being offende

Actually many of his points are in fact valid. For example, his argument that women don't let things go and will bring them up years after the fact is not wrong. Many women will remind you of something regrettable you said for the rest of your relationship even if you apologized for it and never make such a mistake again. I imagine there really are men out there dealing with a wife that is bringing stuff up they said 50 years ago.

Are you a believer in astrology?

Re: ‘Generation Snowflake’ – hysterical young women who can’t cope with being offende

Are you a believer in astrology?

Like horoscopes and stuff? No.

Yep. That's what legalimmigrant has been doing this entire thread.

He sounds like he immigrated to the states from the Taliban.

Actually many of his points are in fact valid. For example, his argument that women don't let things go and will bring them up years after the fact is not wrong. Many women will remind you of something regrettable you said for the rest of your relationship even if you apologized for it and never make such a mistake again. I imagine there really are men out there dealing with a wife that is bringing stuff up they said 50 years ago.

But that's still not a valid point because not all women do that.

Maybe it's the women you choose, or maybe you're a manipulative person who denies the facts she keeps bringing up. In any case, I am not that kind of woman, and I can easily spot manipulative men and I quickly dump them. I am happily married to a honest, hardworking man. We don't lie to each other. Our cultures are known for "brutal honesty."

Maybe it's the women you choose, or maybe you're a manipulative person who denies the facts she keeps bringing up. In any case, I am not that kind of woman, and I can easily spot manipulative men and I quickly dump them. I am happily married to a honest, hardworking man. We don't lie to each other. Our cultures are known for "brutal honesty."

How does saying something stupid make a man manipulative? Also, if the man apologized for ever saying it then exactly how is he denying anything?

The real issue is that the woman thinks that is what the man actually believes and doesn't accept his apology for saying it.

Last edited:

How does saying something stupid make a man manipulative? Also, if the man apologized for ever saying it then exactly how is he denying anything?

The real issue is that the woman thinks that is what the man actually believes and doesn't accept his apology for saying it.

Not all women are like that...

Feminists do that because women are genetically unable to take criticism, admit when they are wrong and apologize. Add to this lack of humor and and the ability to laugh at themselves - aka the art of self-deprecation.

The American men, on the other hand, have all of the above pat down. A quote:

For all their faults, one of the most endearing traits of the American men is their ability to laugh at themselves, their imperfections and occasional clumsiness. TV advertisers are notorious for the smart-wife-dumb-husband, politically correct ads, and nobody is rioting in holy indignation. The American men also mastered the art of admitting faults and apologizing when they screw up.

Women could benefit greatly by acting likewise. If saying, “I didn’t mean to offend you and I am sorry” is excruciatingly painful to you, try to practice the phrase when you are alone. To see how well you are doing, use your smart phone as a recorder, listen to yourself and keep at it until you can’t tell if you are sincere or faking it.

While we are on the subject of your imperfections, let me add that few things are more irritating to men than being asked rhetorical questions women are so good at - with how can you be so careless when he breaks a dish as one of the dumbest. You may recall that when it happened to you, he asked if you were OK. So, try not to blame him for everything, including when you burn your dress while ironing because - just to keep you happy - he will apologize for that, too.

I was with a woman with those traits... She did say I'm sorry once... In our 10-plus year relationship. Have to say... She did the work of Angels. For that I had and have the deepest respect. In a large family full of doctors, she took the route of giving and not making a whole lotta money.

Today I'm with a hot and clear thinking Babe who would like to smack half the women for their irritating behavior. I just howl, and joke that of I could download her brain onto a SD card, I'd be the wealthiest man in the world.

A society where men are no longer needed but for their sperm is doomed. Even as bread winners, men have been demoted to a me-too role as a result of women going to work and competing with their husbands. Effectively, they both bring as much as the guy did before alone, except that nobody is watching the kids as they go nuts, into drugs and gangs.

The process of blurring the line between sexes is further aided and abetted by the liberals and their insistence on that "you are what you say you are" crap, and that women make as good fathers, soldiers, police and firemen as men. The upcoming end game? A complete role reversal - men watching NFL at home while women are fighting terrorists in some remote hellholes or the street gangs at home.

Few if any people have ever claimed that an average woman has the same size and strength as an average man, since it's obviously not true. Could some women meet the same physical standards required of men to be a police officer or firefighter or soldier? Well yes, they can. But that's missing the point; those are among the very few remaining labour-intensive jobs left.

The days in which it was necessary as a matter of simple survival or prosperity for most people to be unambiguously male or female, hetero- or at least bi-sexual, and especially follow different gender roles and stereotypes are pretty much a thing of the past. You can complain about it 'til your throat is hoarse, but it won't change the progress of science and technology. Individuality is the wossname of the future. That'll bring its own problems, no doubt, but the sensible approach for society to take is to confront them head on, I reckon.

Few if any people have ever claimed that an average woman has the same size and strength as an average man, since it's obviously not true. Could some women meet the same physical standards required of men to be a police officer or firefighter or soldier? Well yes, they can. But that's missing the point; those are among the very few remaining labour-intensive jobs left.

The days in which it was necessary as a matter of simple survival or prosperity for most people to be unambiguously male or female, hetero- or at least bi-sexual, and especially follow different gender roles and stereotypes are pretty much a thing of the past. You can complain about it 'til your throat is hoarse, but it won't change the progress of science and technology. Individuality is the wossname of the future. That'll bring its own problems, no doubt, but the sensible approach for society to take is to confront them head on, I reckon.

He isn't entirely wrong though. Men in modern society have no real purpose outside of basically being a sperm dispenser. It's not as if men in society haven't noticed this and responded in kind either. Have you seen the college education rates, the performance of boys in school, and expected success rate of men in life? The fact is society stripped from men their identity in the name of equality and like it or not it's having some pretty terrible consequences.

A good start to restoring men in society would be to start treating them with some ****ing respect, which means starting with simple things like changing how they are portrayed and treated in media.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom