• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Enter at Your Own Risk’: Billboards Warn Austin Police Defunded

they did not get defunded... that was bull****

This defunding nonsense is all made up by the GOP after some asshole radical protester came up with this idiot idea and small parts of the left heard started mooing it.

Including the New York Times and Joe Biden

Indeed, Biden said he would not defund police.

Yes he did. He openly said police budgets should be diverted to other spending

Why do you think posting such a lie is persuasive? The Austin DEMOCRAT council cut $150,000,000.00 from the police department budget. How many police salaries is $150 million? How many police is that eliminated at $60,000 a year?

No existing Austin PD officers were eliminated... Typical spewing of lies...

The proposal to cut police funding by about one-third of its total $434 million budget calls for immediately cutting around $21.5 million from the department, according to a document put together by council members. But city spokesperson Andy Tate said Thursday that the number was closer to $20 million.

These immediate cuts would include eliminating funding from three planned police cadet classes and reallocating funds to areas like violence prevention, food access and abortion access programs. However, the council said it may allow one or two cadet classes to begin in fiscal year 2021 if a revised curriculum is completed and a "more appropriate recruitment program" is implemented. It will also consider attrition rates, pension impacts and additional funding as factors influencing its decision on cadet classes.

Austin City Council votes to cut police department budget by one-third | The Texas Tribune

Yes he did. He openly said police budgets should be diverted to other spending

Parts of them should. Police are doing too much. They should not be social workers and healthcare workers.

As you admit, he did not advocate defunding police, in fact he said point blank he would not defund police when asked directly. Do a google search and read it for yourself, don't be a cow.

this has nothing to do with the Democratic party was my point, which you missed

Democrats control Austin and they voted to DEFUND the Austin Police by 30%.

Republicans run my county and we will have massive cuts...

The stupidest things are written on this board. Congratulations.

and you still do not know what the word defund means, that is the kind of person you are. Don't even know the meaning of words.

Shame on them especially if its an unprecedented in history cut of 30% to the police force like Austin did.

My statement containing two undisputed facts is quoted above. YOUR label of being the "stupidest" is?....... stupid.

and you still do not know what the word defund means, that is the kind of person you are. Don't even know the meaning of words.

Im fully aware that BLM shouting "DEFUND THE POLICE" is a demand for 100% defunding and that the SJW governing Austin are just hoping they can appease the mob with a 30% cut and lots of virtue signaling.

No existing Austin PD officers were eliminated... Typical spewing of lies...

The proposal to cut police funding by about one-third of its total $434 million budget calls for immediately cutting around $21.5 million from the department, according to a document put together by council members. But city spokesperson Andy Tate said Thursday that the number was closer to $20 million.

These immediate cuts would include eliminating funding from three planned police cadet classes and reallocating funds to areas like violence prevention, food access and abortion access programs. However, the council said it may allow one or two cadet classes to begin in fiscal year 2021 if a revised curriculum is completed and a "more appropriate recruitment program" is implemented. It will also consider attrition rates, pension impacts and additional funding as factors influencing its decision on cadet classes.

Austin City Council votes to cut police department budget by one-third | The Texas Tribune

Cutting cadet classes is cutting police officers. Diverting money to people for other programs is cutting officers.

They actually believe the solution to crime is aborting even more black babies. Why would white Democrats voting to do that surprise anyone? Why would it surprise anyone that you as a white Democrat would support aborting more black babies?

The goal is 100% aborting black babies, isn't it, since white Democrats can make any of them your slaves or sell them as slaves anymore. Black babies are no longer profitable to white Democrats.

Which county is that? How much have they cut from the police and prison/jail budgets?

Our county and state is Republican. Less than a quarter mile from where I sit is a billboard advertising job openings for Sheriff's deputies and within a mile advertising for State Troopers.

[FONT="]Two billboards warning people headed to [URL="https://heavy.com/news/2020/07/garrett-foster/"]Austin, Texas,[/URL] that they’re entering at their own risk and there will be “limited support for the next 20 miles” were posted Wednesday by the Texas Municipal Police Association (TMPA).[/FONT]
[FONT="]The billboards are a reaction to [URL="https://www.texastribune.org/2020/08/13/austin-city-council-cut-police-budget-defund/"]Austin City Council’s unanimous vote[/URL] in August to “defund” their police agency by budgeting about one-third of the money that usually goes to the Austin Police Department and steer that money toward other priorities, according to Austin City Council member Gregorio Casar.

Austin Police Defunded: ‘Enter at Your Own Risk’ Signs Warn | Heavy.com[/FONT]

Screen-Shot-2020-09-11-at-3.46.56-PM-e1599854262690.jpg

This should be outside every Democratic Party run city. Tell people the truth for a change.

If the Democratic Party captures the presidency and Congress, followed by the Supreme Court, that notice should be put at every airport and border crossing into the USA.

The post office has been defunded as well. Does that mean we won’t get anymore mail

I didn’t say any of that. I just said the police were panicked ******s.

It's sad that you would resort to both a sexist and obscene characterization of the police. Sexism seems to be surprisingly prevalent among the Antifa, even among its women members, which is even more surprising. I would think it would indicate a degree of self-loathing. And I hope the sexism isn't suggestive of racism, as it can be. Thanks!!

We can do our own enforcing once Biden mandates wearing masks.

WOOHOO! Just remember: Even Jesse James knew to pull his mask up over his nose, gunslinger. ;)

Shame on them especially if its an unprecedented in history cut of 30% to the police force like Austin did.

My statement containing two undisputed facts is quoted above. YOUR label of being the "stupidest" is?....... stupid.

Im fully aware that BLM shouting "DEFUND THE POLICE" is a demand for 100% defunding and that the SJW governing Austin are just hoping they can appease the mob with a 30% cut and lots of virtue signaling.

It's important to note that in a free market, people do have choices. Austin, Portland, Seattle are among many great cities in which people and businesses establish themselves due to a climate of security and profitability. If security and profitability are in jeopardy, people leave, just as they are doing elsewhere. It's only a matter of time before a significant percentage of Austin's tax base departs for a more congenial atmosphere. "Defunding" police departments only resonates with those that have little to lose. It doesn't resonate well with business owners, who can only hear "defund the police" as a weakening of the very departments that protect their livelihood and families. In a time of looting and rioting, the decision to "defund the police" aka divert funds is foolish at best, regardless of the intention. Sadly, it will only be hindsight that recognizes the error in judgment. Thanks!!

I didn’t say any of that. I just said the police were panicked ******s.

When those two deputies were shot and called for help, I’m sure you thought the same of them.

When those two deputies were shot and called for help, I’m sure you thought the same of them.

No, I was horrified for them and their families. Disgusted by all of it, and exhausted by people like you who want my empathy (which is already there) for these human beings but reject any calls for their own when their own fellow Americans cry out for all of our help.

You should be ashamed. Do better.

The post office has been defunded as well.

Not by 30%. Post office budgets are cut because weve discovered the internet which is handling much of the communications we used to conduct by mail. At my house their only purpose seems to be delivering junk mail advertisements.

No, I was horrified for them and their families. Disgusted by all of it, and exhausted by people like you who want my empathy (which is already there) for these human beings but reject any calls for their own when their own fellow Americans cry out for all of our help.

You should be ashamed. Do better.

They could probably get all the help they needed if they wanted help with eliminating the overuse of force by police. They will get no help with their claims that the police are racist and kill people because they are black. Its false propaganda.

It's important to note that in a free market, people do have choices. Austin, Portland, Seattle are among many great cities in which people and businesses establish themselves due to a climate of security and profitability. If security and profitability are in jeopardy, people leave, just as they are doing elsewhere. It's only a matter of time before a significant percentage of Austin's tax base departs for a more congenial atmosphere. "Defunding" police departments only resonates with those that have little to lose. It doesn't resonate well with business owners, who can only hear "defund the police" as a weakening of the very departments that protect their livelihood and families. In a time of looting and rioting, the decision to "defund the police" aka divert funds is foolish at best, regardless of the intention. Sadly, it will only be hindsight that recognizes the error in judgment. Thanks!!

Unfortunately I think for the woke, left in Austin, things will need to get really bad before they come around.

They could probably get all the help they needed if they wanted help with eliminating the overuse of force by police. They will get no help with their claims that the police are racist and kill people because they are black. Its false propaganda.

Oh gee, Black people won’t be believed or helped unless the white guy thinks they’re not lying? Change they can believe in!

Oh gee, Black people won’t be believed or helped unless the white guy thinks they’re not lying? Change they can believe in!

The statistics reveal they are not to be believed.

Back
Top Bottom