• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Democrats Are in Some Serious Trouble’ – New NBC Poll: 75% of Americans Say Country is on Wrong Track Under Joe Biden

And Biden labeled Trump the MAGA King.

Can't wait to get my grandchildren some of these.
More-Great-MAGA-King.jpg
Indoctrination at its finest.

False. This country was at its most prosperous when Trump was in office.
392ADBD3-737B-42DE-BFBF-7F6A3DEF310E.gif
Trump added $7,000,000,000,000+ to the national debt, and left office with 3,000,000 more Americans employed than at the betof of term.

Lol, I rather love the Ultra MAGA label. I imagine shirts, hats and more heading into the election. Ultra MAGA(y)
book marked.

If this poll is from NBC says it's 75%, it has to be higher than they're projecting it to be. The source link is within the article.

People "expect too much' while many of those polled, don't do a damn thing to improve conditions... they just sling out their opinions about stuff they know non of the details of and they damn sure don't pay attention the Geo Political Dynamics. People say anything that pops in their mind when they are polled. As any of them details or specific about any of the details and they'be flat out "dumbfounded".

Pollsters are going to working poor and dire poor white communities or working poor black and dire poor black communities, or working poor and dire poor hispanic, asian or other ethnicities and doing polls....

A "red wave election" in what year? 2022?
Then in your last sentence, are you speaking of this upcoming midterm?

Is this comment indicating you don't think November will be a red wave election? I'd take the other side of that bet. I think 2022 will be a strong election year for the GOP.
Definition of a wave election is when the out of power party gains 30 or more seats in the house and regains control of the House. Looking at the current redistricting figures, I don’t think a gain of 30 plus seats is possible. Well, anything is possible, but not probable as of today. Long time before November.

Here's what I have on redistricting as of today.

REDISTRICTING/GERRYMANDERING as of 15 May 2022

Florida appealed the judge’s ruling throwing out Florida’s new congressional map. The appeal automatically puts a stay on the ruling meaning the DeSantis map is now the official redistricting map until the appeal process comes to an end. This article explains it all.

Until the appeal process comes to an end or the stay is revoked, we now have 46 states which has completed redistricting, 4 have yet to draw their maps. The 4 states are Kansas, New York, Missouri and New Hampshire. 395 districts are now completed, leaving 40 districts to be redrawn. There are 42 competitive, switchable, at risk districts. Currently held by 31 Democrats and 11 Republicans. Safe seats as of 15 May 2022, 167 Democratic, 186 Republican.

The importance of safe seats is that they let you know how many seats from the competitive/at risk column and those districts yet to be redrawn a party must win to gain control of the House. As of today, the democrats need 51 more seats to reach the magic number of 218. The Republicans need 32. It remains to be seen how many safe seats each of the 4 remaining states add to each party’s safe seat column along with how many will go into the competitive/at risk column. The 4 remaining states are Kansas, New York, New Hampshire, and Missouri.

Although this differs a bit from 538, it is the average of cook, Rothenberg, EP, RCP etc. Here’s 538’s.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/redistricting-2022-maps/?cid=rrpromo

I figure both New Hampshire seats will fall into the competitive, at risk column. Then Kansas will add 3 safe seats to the GOP and 1 to the Democrats. Missouri splits 6-2 while New York will add 18 safe seats to the Democrats with 4 to the GOP. That 188 safe democratic seats, 195 GOP seats if my numbers add up. Although the above is an estimate on my part for the remaining 4 states who haven’t completed redistricting. Both New Hampshire seats are held by Democrats, so say 33 Democratic seats at risk vs 11 for the GOP. A whopping 22 seat difference. No way will the democrats lose all 33 and I don’t think the Republicans will win all of their 11. If you split it 50-50 which rarely happens, the Democrats lose 17 of their seats, but gain 5 of the GOP seats for a net gain of 12. Take the generic ballot into consideration, The GOP has a 2.5-point lead, so say 15 or so seat gain. That’s half of the 30 seats needed to be considered a wave election. But enoughj to retake control of the house. I'll address the senate later if you'd like.

Can Republicans do any better?

The last time they were in charge, the Republican President led a coup attempt to overthrow our elected government. To this day the guy believes he won reelection despite losing by over seven million votes.

Update!

NBC Poll, Contracted to Same Democrat Firm Who Created Ultra MAGA Branding Effort, Reflects Highest Disapproval Ever for Joe Biden

Reasoning: Poor Sourcing, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Lack of Transparency, Fake News, False Claims
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Overall, we rate The Last Refuge (Conservative Treehouse) far-right biased and questionable based on the use of poor sources, promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories, a complete lack of transparency, and numerous failed fact checks

Reasoning: Poor Sourcing, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Lack of Transparency, Fake News, False Claims
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Overall, we rate The Last Refuge (Conservative Treehouse) far-right biased and questionable based on the use of poor sources, promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories, a complete lack of transparency, and numerous failed fact checks
Your post is irrelevant.

RCP now has this NBC poll included and one can access it to see specifics. They've listed the Biden approval as 42 (because they are using the "registered voters" category).
But, in the direction of country, one has to go back to 2008 to find a number lower than the current number in this poll!

Take a look at Loser #45’s numbers. 🙄

Satisfied / Not Satisfied / No Opinion
View attachment 67391001
View attachment 67391002
View attachment 67391003
How about comparing apples to apples instead of apples to spinach;)

Here are apples to apples. NBC "right direction or wrong track" for Trump and Biden months:

Screenshot 2022-05-15 195839.png

I'm still perusing this new NBC poll and found this chart interesting. Now and in March.

Screenshot 2022-05-15 201817.png

How about comparing apples to apples instead of apples to spinach;)
If you think

“In general, are you satisfied or dissatisfied with the way things are going in the United States at this time?”

and

“do you think things in the nation are generally headed in the right direction”

are “apples to spinach” comparisons, you should look into reading comprehension lessons.

Seriously.

Fools and their money.

Who on earth wears MAGA?
People who want to make America great again as opposed to those who want to make America a shit hole like Detroit

If this poll is from NBC says it's 75%, it has to be higher than they're projecting it to be. The source link is within the article.

It would be helpful if they had published a link to the metadata that supports their claim. It is suspicious that they did not.

It would be helpful if they had published a link to the metadata that supports their claim. It is suspicious that they did not.
I found the meta data for the poll.

38% D
38% R
24% I

It's not an awful representation but independents are under-represented while both Rs and Ds are over-represented in this poll.

People who want to make America great again as opposed to those who want to make America a shit hole like Detroit

Aspire to be Mississippi.

RCP now has this NBC poll included and one can access it to see specifics. They've listed the Biden approval as 42 (because they are using the "registered voters" category).
But, in the direction of country, one has to go back to 2008 to find a number lower than the current number in this poll!
Of course, people think the country is going in the wrong direction, but why do they think that? For sure inflation has got to be a huge driver but I think the increase in negative is largely attributable to the abortion issue. As we see in this poll, and to an even more significant level in the recent Monmouth poll, abortion has taken a significant leap in terms of voters prioritizing it. I would suggest that both inflation AND the abortion decision are contributing to voters thinking things are going in the wrong direction, not just inflation.

Meaningless metric. I think the country is on the wrong track, but it has little or nothing to do with Democrats.

Back
Top Bottom