• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Democrats Are in Some Serious Trouble’ – New NBC Poll: 75% of Americans Say Country is on Wrong Track Under Joe Biden

The Republicans are running far right Trumpian lunatics in their races.

I can't stand Chris Pappas, but I will have no choice but to vote for him again. I'll also vote for Hassan (did NOT vote for her 6 years ago).
I just early voted today. I voted in the GOP primary, Georgia is an open primary state. I voted for Kemp, one because I think he's been a very good governor. 2. It was against Perdue a Trumpian. I also voted for Raffensburger for secretary of state. Both because they're on Trump S-list. I'll follow through in November, Kemp if he's the GOP nominee, if Perdue, then for Abrams the Democrat. We'll see what happens. Georgia's primary is on the 24th. Kemp is leading Trumpian Perdue in the polls, I just hope it stays that way.

I just early voted today. I voted in the GOP primary, Georgia is an open primary state. I voted for Kemp, one because I think he's been a very good governor. 2. It was against Perdue a Trumpian. I also voted for Raffensburger for secretary of state. Both because they're on Trump S-list. I'll follow through in November, Kemp if he's the GOP nominee, if Perdue, then for Abrams the Democrat. We'll see what happens. Georgia's primary is on the 24th. Kemp is leading Trumpian Perdue in the polls, I just hope it stays that way.

I don't think Trumpianism plays out in Georgia as well as Trump would hope - okay, except for MTG and a couple of others.

I think I would likely vote for Kemp and Raffensburger myself if I was there. I plan to vote for Chris Sununu again. I will still prefer any Republican who isn't a Trumpist over any far left liberal, but I'm supporting Pappas and Hassan because the alternatives are just Trump ass kissing freaks.

I don't think Trumpianism plays out in Georgia as well as Trump would hope - okay, except for MTG and a couple of others.

I think I would likely vote for Kemp and Raffensburger myself if I was there. I plan to vote for Chris Sununu again. I will still prefer any Republican who isn't a Trumpist over any far left liberal, but I'm supporting Pappas and Hassan because the alternatives are just Trump ass kissing freaks.
I think Trumpism is involved in this year’s midterms. With Biden’s approval hovering around 40%, historically, the Democrats should be looking at a plus 40 seat loss in the house and 5 senate seats. But that’s not the case. I think a lot of swing voters, independents if you will are reluctant to vote for a Trump back candidate. Here’s what history shows for a president hovering around 40% job approval. Historical average for 4 presidents excluding Biden since his midterm hasn’t happened yet. Approval average, 39.25% house seats lost 48.5, senate seats lost 6. The numbers don’t show anything close to the historical average.

Biden 2022 41% ?????? projected loss of 12-15 house seats, gain of 1 senate seat as of 16 May

Trump 2018 40% lost 44 house seats, 3 senate seats

Obama 2010 42% lost 63 house seats, 6 senate seats

G.W. Bush 2006 33% lost 33 house seats, 6 senate seats

Bill Clinton 1994 42% lost 54 house seats, 9 senate seats

With inflation as it is, Biden very low job approval, Democrats in congress have a very high unfavorable rating. 65% of all Americans say this country is headed in the wrong direction. No way should the Democrats limit their house losses to around 15 seats along with a possibility gaining a seat in the senate. Perhaps it is Trumpitis. Independents still don’t like Trump. Which if one wants to win elections, the Republican Party should recognize that. Especially since they are still the smaller of the two major parties. If they don’t win the independent vote, they lose the election. Or perhaps instead of gaining 50 house seats and 5 senate seats, they only gain 15 house and lose a senate seat. But Trump is their problem.

I think Trumpism is involved in this year’s midterms. With Biden’s approval hovering around 40%, historically, the Democrats should be looking at a plus 40 seat loss in the house and 5 senate seats. But that’s not the case. I think a lot of swing voters, independents if you will are reluctant to vote for a Trump back candidate. Here’s what history shows for a president hovering around 40% job approval. Historical average for 4 presidents excluding Biden since his midterm hasn’t happened yet. Approval average, 39.25% house seats lost 48.5, senate seats lost 6. The numbers don’t show anything close to the historical average.

Biden 2022 41% ?????? projected loss of 12-15 house seats, gain of 1 senate seat as of 16 May

With inflation as it is, Biden very low job approval, Democrats in congress have a very high unfavorable rating. 65% of all Americans say this country is headed in the wrong direction. No way should the Democrats limit their house losses to around 15 seats along with a possibility gaining a seat in the senate. Perhaps it is Trumpitis. Independents still don’t like Trump. Which if one wants to win elections, the Republican Party should recognize that. Especially since they are still the smaller of the two major parties. If they don’t win the independent vote, they lose the election. Or perhaps instead of gaining 50 house seats and 5 senate seats, they only gain 15 house and lose a senate seat. But Trump is their problem.

gain of 1 senate seat as of 16 May

Which seat is that Pero?

Trump is a huge problem for the Republicans. Privately they admit it but most of them are too scared of Trump to say it out loud. The Republican strategists I know here - and I still hang out with them - curse Trump constantly but won't push back on him.

Given the rise in importance in voters' minds the abortion decision is causing I think that will play in too as an impetus to get out the vote/

gain of 1 senate seat as of 16 May

Which seat is that Pero?

Trump is a huge problem for the Republicans. Privately they admit it but most of them are too scared of Trump to say it out loud. The Republican strategists I know here - and I still hang out with them - curse Trump constantly but won't push back on him.
Pure tossup seats in the senate include Democratic held Nevada, Arizona, Georgia with Republican held Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

https://www.270towin.com/2022-senate-election/consensus-2022-senate-forecast

It’s my opinion as of 16 May that Nevada and Arizona are leaning Democratic, Wisconsin leans Republican. That leaves D Georgia and R Pennsylvania. A Survey USA polls had D Warnock over R Walker 50-45. I don’t like putting all my eggs in a single poll. But that would mean Georgia if correct will probably stay in Democratic hands. That leaves Pennsylvania as the R state I think will go Blue. Fetterman is the Lt. Gov of Pennsylvania. He’s already won statewide. He has an organization statewide. That give him a leg up.

Then you have North Carolina which should be added to the tossups or one could say tilts Republican. But that may depend on who the GOP nominates there. If the republicans go with Budd, NC will probably stay red. But if they go with McCrory, then the D Beasley will probably beat him. Way too early for any firm predictions. We need to know the candidates. Today, it’s Pennsylvania that switches from Red to Blue. At least that’s the way I see it today. Although I wouldn’t be surprised to see Wisconsin go blue, Johnson isn’t like much there and Georgia go Red. Whatever happens, there won’t be any huge gain for either party. One, perhaps two seats with either party gaining or losing them. But in my book, Fetterman will be hard to beat in Pennsylvania. I think he’s a winner.

Completely disregards anything and everything from thegatewaypundit.
The trashiest of the trashiest of the ultra far right disinformation sites.
Here you go.

“But the poll also found that this Supreme Court draft opinion hasn’t substantially altered the overall political environment heading into November’s elections — with inflation and the economy remaining the public’s top issues, President Joe Biden’s job rating falling below 40 percent and a whopping 75 percent of Americans saying the country is headed in the wrong direction.”

Back on election day, under Trump 29% said this country was headed in the right direction, 65% in the wrong direction.

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/nzc8dt85gn/econTabReport.pdf

Today, RCP averages has it under Biden 26.3%, wrong direction 67.3%.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/direction_of_country-902.html

In other words, neither Trump nor Biden had or has this country headed in the right direction. Time for someone else, time for some other party than Republicans and or Democrats to take charge. Neither are worth a plug nickel. Change Biden for Trump or Trump for Biden, same results. Time for a real change. Time to get rid of our two-party monopoly. Neither has the faintest idea of what they’re doing or even what needs to be done.
Stop eleicting people who do nothing and who support the same old divisive behavior. Compromise is how free government works but we see littl of it.

Pure tossup seats in the senate include Democratic held Nevada, Arizona, Georgia with Republican held Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

https://www.270towin.com/2022-senate-election/consensus-2022-senate-forecast

It’s my opinion as of 16 May that Nevada and Arizona are leaning Democratic, Wisconsin leans Republican. That leaves D Georgia and R Pennsylvania. A Survey USA polls had D Warnock over R Walker 50-45. I don’t like putting all my eggs in a single poll. But that would mean Georgia if correct will probably stay in Democratic hands. That leaves Pennsylvania as the R state I think will go Blue. Fetterman is the Lt. Gov of Pennsylvania. He’s already won statewide. He has an organization statewide. That give him a leg up.

Then you have North Carolina which should be added to the tossups or one could say tilts Republican. But that may depend on who the GOP nominates there. If the republicans go with Budd, NC will probably stay red. But if they go with McCrory, then the D Beasley will probably beat him. Way too early for any firm predictions. We need to know the candidates. Today, it’s Pennsylvania that switches from Red to Blue. At least that’s the way I see it today. Although I wouldn’t be surprised to see Wisconsin go blue, Johnson isn’t like much there and Georgia go Red. Whatever happens, there won’t be any huge gain for either party. One, perhaps two seats with either party gaining or losing them. But in my book, Fetterman will be hard to beat in Pennsylvania. I think he’s a winner.
Theres still months to go of dumb democrat policies and the democrats are going to take a pounding in the midterms. Biden will be a true lame duck and thankfully he will bet little else done. Markets will be back after the democrats are gone.

Questionable Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Nationalism, Some Fake News, Numerous Failed Fact Checks
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY

Failed Fact Checks (Here are a select few out of dozens.)​

Overall, we rate The Gateway Pundit Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of conspiracies, and numerous instances of publishing false (fake) news.

All lies and jest
Still, a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
Then go to NBC and read the article yourself.

Stop eleicting people who do nothing and who support the same old divisive behavior. Compromise is how free government works but we see littl of it.
Whose fault is that? It’s the two major parties who automatically oppose anything the other party proposes only because it was proposed by the other party. In our two party monopoly, there’s no other choice. You can elect party D which refuses to compromise with party R or elect party R which refuses to compromise with party D. There is no third choice.

Theres still months to go of dumb democrat policies and the democrats are going to take a pounding in the midterms. Biden will be a true lame duck and thankfully he will bet little else done. Markets will be back after the democrats are gone.
I go by the number available today. I don't know what they'll be in November. Unless somethings changes drastically, I think my numbers are pretty darn close.The number have been steady within a point or two since around August of last year. Until redistricting is completed, I can be off by a few seats in the house either way.

Yes, by historical standards, the democrats should be taking a pounding. But there's nothing there today to indicate that nor has there been for 9-10 months.

I wonder why such an overwhelming majority disapprove of Jose Biden’s job performance?
Yeah, it is weird that 75% of Republicans disapprove of Joe Biden performance. I wonder why myself. It is even weirder that a extreme right media source would publish that. Why are they doing that? I truly do not understand. Could it be that the Republicans are crazy/bonkers/bananas?

Yeah, it is weird that 75% of Republicans disapprove of Joe Biden performance. I wonder why myself. It is even weirder that a extreme right media source would publish that. Why are they doing that? I truly do not understand. Could it be that the Republicans are crazy/bonkers/bananas?
NBC Is extreme right?

LMAO. The dumbest post for the new week is going to be hard to beat.

Please do tell all of us just how extreme right wing NBC is? Yikes.

NBC Is extreme right?

LMAO. The dumbest post for the new week is going to be hard to beat.

Please do tell all of us just how extreme right wing NBC is? Yikes.
First of all, the link you gave it to the gatewaypundit site. The Gateway pundit is the one that said "it is probably worse given that NBC is a left leaning media".

Second of all, 100% of all Republicans think that Biden is doing a bad job while less than 50% of Democrats do. When you add 100% to 50%, you get the 75% number.

The article and your post are misleading inasmuch as the 100% of Republicans are crazy and think anything the Democrats do is wrong. The real number of people that have some capacity to evaluate a situation correctly are not in the majority that think that Biden is doing a bad job.

There is your answer. Dispute it if you can.

Me personally, I think he could do a better job but the other option (Trump with a 2nd term) would be disastrous. As such, I am "happy enough" to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

First of all, the link you gave it to the gatewaypundit site. The Gateway pundit is the one that said "it is probably worse given that NBC is a left leaning media".

Second of all, 100% of all Republicans think that Biden is doing a bad job while less than 50% of Democrats do. When you add 100% to 50%, you get the 75% number.

The article and your post are misleading inasmuch as the 100% of Republicans are crazy and think anything the Democrats do is wrong. The real number of people that have some capacity to evaluate a situation correctly are not in the majority.

There is your answer. Dispute it if you can.
And that’s your defense? All righty then.

I rest my case. WIN!!

That was fun.

Probably more focused on the cost of underwear and Tide.
So you're assuming most trump voters actually wear underwear and wash their clothes? Ok, I guess hope springs eternal :)

From where did you get this? I know you keep your own charts and such. Is this from your personal calculations? If not, please provide your source as I'd love to read it.

Sabato has the first 4 as tossups and Wisconsin as leans R.

A Survey USA polls had D Warnock over R Walker 50-45.
RCP has Walker over Warnock by 0.5. You are correct about the most recent single poll. The three before that have Walker ahead of Warnock.

Back
Top Bottom