• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Delete them all’: Girl catches older men taking pictures of girls in bikinis on beach

Bull. You can't really clearly see the pictures and you are assuming they're adults. I'm going by what the story says:

"girl catches old man taking photos of young girls (presumably minors) on the beach in florida"

"She scrolls through his phone, swiping several times to reveal more photos. It’s unclear whether they depict minors or women over 18. One is of the man in the purple shirt he’s sitting next to, smiling in his chair with a woman standing behind him."

So what are the 'correct words for this situation' that you're using?

You seem offended that I find this guys behavior creepy. That's too bad, but you can't change how I feel about it. Whether the girls are 12 or 21, I find an old man snapping pictures of them without their knowledge creepy. Clearly you don't. That's life.
The title posted by who in my opinion is a trailer trash bitch, is almost certainly wrong. I would think in her authoritarian rage, she would have stated the girls were minors, if she noticed a single one, and she was right there. The (presumably minors) was taken from her online posting.

What I find so stupid about this thread, is people take pictures, videos, etc. every day there. She targeted the older man for her own need to be aggressive and authoritarian.

Did you see the video I linked a few posts back? Why is stuff like that OK and his photos not?

What right does she have to publically shame a senior who may have meant no direct at all? We don't really know his intent. Do we. The guy may be a moral deviant, but he wasn't causing any problems. The authoritarian, bully , bitch was the problem on that beach that day. I cannot believe anyone defends her actions without knowing the whole story.

What if, he took photos of her because she was doing something questionable? What if when she saw him taking the photo, she felt the need to have her image deleted, and plotted a scheme just to make him out to be the bad guy instead of her?

Now I'm not claiming that's what happened, but in my several decades of life, I have seen things like that.

Do you have first hand knowledge of what happened, or do you only know what we also see?

I don't really know much about the Fresco Channel. Are they out there filming openly, with cameras that people are aware of? And are they close enough that people know that they're being filmed?
Yes, Things like this happens on beaches regularly, if not daily.

Most people are probably oblivious to being filmed or having pictures taken. But is happens regularly. To single out a senior that is otherwise not causing problems...

That's why I call her a trailer trash authoritarian bitch.

With today's technology, most people are more discrete about it when selecting people to photograph. Get on a boat some distance away, and use one of these with a zoom lens:

1620888294546.png

Why not just video the guys doing taking the pictures and post that online?

Everyone is outside and in public and it was correctly pointed out there can be no expectation of privacy in such a situation either for the girls or these men.

The person demanding the deletion is being childish and righteous. The men are not acting like gentlemen.

What I fear may be happening is that radical feminists are moving into a world where they view women as being too precious for men to enjoy their bodies in any way.

But then I have always been a believer in natural law.

If it had been me, I would not have surrendered my camera to this shrill woman and would have challenged her to call the authorities to determine what statute I was in violation of.

Might be an interesting test case.

Last edited:
Why not just video the guys doing taking the pictures and post that online?

Everyone is outside and in public and it was correctly pointed out there can be no expectation of privacy in such a situation either for the girls or these men.

The person demanding the deletion is being childish and righteous. The men are not acting like gentlemen.

What I fear may be happening is that radical feminists are moving into a world where they view women as being too precious for men to enjoy their bodies in any way.

But then I have always been a believer in natural law.
It's not just feminists, but any of the ignorant idiots that think they can be authritarian over others.

It's not just feminists, but any of the ignorant idiots that think they can be authritarian over others.
There seems to be a toxic righteousness emerging.

This is where the words of Eleanor Roosevelt ring clearly.

The most intelligent occupy themselves with ideas. Those of average intelligence occupy their thoughts with things. Those of lowest intelligence occupy themselves with other people’s behavior.

Would this be an issue if these men had taken pictures of attractive women at the mall of America in Minneapolis in January?

Both are public spaces and both are examples of legal dress.

I couldn't imagine dating someone in their 20s or even early 30s and I'm 56 and in good shape. I think it just looks kinda sad and pathetic seeing a young lady with an old dude. She's doing it for the money and he's doing it for validation and to show off.
It would be ok, as long as she left afterwards.

The title posted by who in my opinion is a trailer trash bitch, is almost certainly wrong. I would think in her authoritarian rage, she would have stated the girls were minors, if she noticed a single one, and she was right there. The (presumably minors) was taken from her online posting.

What I find so stupid about this thread, is people take pictures, videos, etc. every day there. She targeted the older man for her own need to be aggressive and authoritarian.

Did you see the video I linked a few posts back? Why is stuff like that OK and his photos not?

What right does she have to publically shame a senior who may have meant no direct at all? We don't really know his intent. Do we. The guy may be a moral deviant, but he wasn't causing any problems. The authoritarian, bully , bitch was the problem on that beach that day. I cannot believe anyone defends her actions without knowing the whole story.

What if, he took photos of her because she was doing something questionable? What if when she saw him taking the photo, she felt the need to have her image deleted, and plotted a scheme just to make him out to be the bad guy instead of her?

Now I'm not claiming that's what happened, but in my several decades of life, I have seen things like that.

Do you have first hand knowledge of what happened, or do you only know what we also see?
I am certain this shrill woman was working off of what she considered a sense of “sisterhood”.

Throw in a generous helping of righteousness and the recipe is complete.

This is one of the casualties of identity politics. She likely places the locus of her identity in her gender. Others choose their race or ethnicity but the notion is to place that locus away from themselves.

This may be something that just happens in social species such as ourselves.

As for me, I prefer to mind my own business.

Isn't it against the law in the EU to take someone's picture without permission?
I don’t know. I don’t take pictures of strangers. it is certainly not allowed in the RLD.

Given the ubiquity of surveillance cameras, it is certainly not an issue for government.

Video at link.

My thoughts:
1. There is no expectation of privacy in public. What those guys did was perfectly legal. Just as legal as what the girl did in videoing them and posting that video online.
2. I believe in actions and consequences. If you wear a bikini in public...you might just get photographed. I've always found the concept of a woman wearing something so revealing and sexy and then complaining when people look at her body, puzzling.
By the same token, if you're ogling girls in bikinis or taking pictures of them and get called out on it, that's fair game, too.
Free speech cuts both ways.
3. She had every right to ask him to delete the photos...and he had every right to refuse.
Everyone needs a hobby. If I were the guy I would have told her to stuff it up her ass. I must note that the woman wasn't very high caliber herself if she had to respond to the guy using the f word several times. Yet another example of the left's hypocrisy. "You're a pervert, but it's ok for me to use the f word, even when young children are around". And, like you, it makes me wonder, why do women wear bikinis in the first place (not that I'm complaining)?

Everyone needs a hobby. If I were the guy I would have told her to stuff it up her ass. I must note that the woman wasn't very high caliber herself if she had to respond to the guy using the f word several times. Yet another example of the left's hypocrisy. "You're a pervert, but it's ok for me to use the f word, even when young children are around". And, like you, it makes me wonder, why do women wear bikinis in the first place (not that I'm complaining)?

Again, if I were the accused man, I would have asked for the statute number of the law I was breaking and would have ignored her and if she persisted, I would invite her to call the police if she didn’t also insist that they be defunded.

I would never have surrendered my camera and if she took it forcefully, I might insist on charges of theft and assault and battery.

So you're assuming she's a 'trailer trash bitch' and that the title is wrong. She said young girls which sounds like minors to me. You don't call women young girls.

I mentioned the video in my next post.

And we don't know what may have transpired between the senior and the 'authoritarian, bully, bitch' before that do we? Maybe she'd already asked him not to take her picture? And by the way, please point out to me where I've defended her actions.

We can "what if" all day. What if she'd seen him masturbating to the photos? After all, we don't know what happened prior, do we?

Do you?

Yes, Things like this happens on beaches regularly, if not daily.

Most people are probably oblivious to being filmed or having pictures taken. But is happens regularly. To single out a senior that is otherwise not causing problems...

That's why I call her a trailer trash authoritarian bitch.

If they're like a news team filming openly, and people are aware, then there's no problem.

Calling her authoritarian would have done nicely, without the added trailer trash bitch.

Did the other girls whose pictures he took have an issue with this? Or does this one woman feel she has the authority to speak for them?

My life experience has been that people with a life worthy of itself, generally mind their own business.

Did the other girls whose pictures he took have an issue with this? Or does this one woman feel she has the authority to speak for them?

My life experience has been that people with a life worthy of itself, generally mind their own business.

Are you asking me, or just asking in general?

Just in general.
Sorry I didn’t mean for it to go to you alone.
I just don’t see complaints from the other girls but if I were one of them, I would feel insulted that people were speaking for me.

Just in general.
Sorry I didn’t mean for it to go to you alone.
I just don’t see complaints from the other girls but if I were one of them, I would feel insulted that people were speaking for me.

That's ok, it didn't just go to me. I just didn't want to ignore it if it was meant for me (I see you're new here (not that that means you're to to message boards!) and unless I'm replied to or named in a reply, I don't always go back when another post is made.

And since I'm not defending her, or saying he's breaking the law (all I've been saying is its creepy TO ME when old men take pictures of girls/young women without their knowledge), I'm not addressing any of the rest of it. :)

That's ok, it didn't just go to me. I just didn't want to ignore it if it was meant for me (I see you're new here (not that that means you're to to message boards!) and unless I'm replied to or named in a reply, I don't always go back when another post is made.

And since I'm not defending her, or saying he's breaking the law (all I've been saying is its creepy TO ME when old men take pictures of girls/young women without their knowledge), I'm not addressing any of the rest of it. :)
There are things I disapprove of, like this. But I tend to get upset when third parties intervene without a specific invitation to do so.
I do wish that this woman had been ignored or invited to call the police. This way the law would be clear.
Surrendering his camera to her will encourage her to get all righteous again.
She likely feels she now has a license to bully.

There are things I disapprove of, like this. But I tend to get upset when third parties intervene without a specific invitation to do so.
I do wish that this woman had been ignored or invited to call the police. This way the law would be clear.
She likely feels she now has a license to bully.

She wasn't a third party though - she said he'd taken her picture. Now as for her demanding he delete all pictures, I would agree if the pictures were of minors. The adults can decide for themselves, if she told them. Or they could have been her friends, who know?

I do wish that this woman had been ignored or invited to call the police.
She likely feels she now has a license to bully
She wasn't a third party though - she said he'd taken her picture. Now as for her demanding he delete all pictures, I would agree if the pictures were of minors. The adults can decide for themselves, if she told them. Or they could have been her friends, who know?
I am not familiar with US law as it affects the taking of a picture of someone outside in a public area. Does she have the right to tell him he is not allowed to do that? I doubt it as I have never heard of a successful prosecution of the paparazzi. They seem far more intrusive.

Also why is age an issue here? If the men and women were closer in age does this make a legal or even moral difference?

How old were the men and how old were the women?

Too many unanswered questions.

I am not familiar with US law as it affects the taking of a picture of someone outside in a public area. Does she have the right to tell him he is not allowed to do that? I doubt it as I have never heard of a successful prosecution of the paparazzi. They seem far more intrusive.

Also why is age an issue here? If the men and women were closer in age does this make a legal or even moral difference?

How old were the men and how old were the women?

Too many unanswered questions.

I think she has the right to ask him not to take her picture. I don't think its illegal.

The age is an issue - again - TO ME. Its creepy TO ME for old men to be taking pictures of girls/women on the beach without their knowledge.

Look at the story in the OP. It shows the men, you can't really see the pictures of the girls/women, but the OP says young girls and women.

I couldn't imagine dating someone in their 20s or even early 30s and I'm 56 and in good shape. I think it just looks kinda sad and pathetic seeing a young lady with an old dude. She's doing it for the money and he's doing it for validation and to show off.
I go out with a girl who's 22 from time to time. She is someone I met while dating an older friend of hers. We enjoy each others company. She is sick and tired of the immature guys her age, and in their 30's. Now we haven't taken it to a relationship level, but I do think about "if" it could work from time to time. I think it possible could happen. Just not going to push for it.

Back
Top Bottom