• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Delete them all’: Girl catches older men taking pictures of girls in bikinis on beach

Libel laws compensate people for damage to their reputations.

That's true, but not for that particular claim, I believe. And the truth is an absolute defense to a libel claim anyway.

That's true, but not for that particular claim, I believe. And the truth is an absolute defense to a libel claim anyway.
Of course, a libal accusation is by definition a false claim.

Of course, a libal accusation is by definition a false claim.

I'm just saying that not all false claims qualify as defamation. Nor are all false claims actionable. Opinions are not defamatory. The statement would have to be false and claim to be fact about a fairly narrow range of topics: whether someone has committed a crime, has a sexual disease, or is incompetent in his profession.

A sign reading "He's a creep!" with an arrow pointed at a dude on a beach doesn't seem to qualify in any way. And it has the bonus effect of being pretty funny, I think.

Maybe he'd have a claim under one of the goofier torts.

I'm just saying that not all false claims qualify as defamation. Nor are all false claims actionable. Opinions are not defamatory. The statement would have to be false and claim to be fact about a fairly narrow range of topics: whether someone has committed a crime, has a sexual disease, or is incompetent in his profession.

A sign reading "He's a creep!" with an arrow pointed at a dude on a beach doesn't seem to qualify in any way. And it has the bonus effect of being pretty funny, I think.

You make good points.
There must be some hassament law that would apply.

I scrolled thru 8 pages, and not a single picture? Really?

Thanks. I was never actually even touched by any of them, but they were close enough and I was vulnerable enough that at least 2 of those situations could have ended badly for me. The third was just a general creeper I think.

Dating is a whole different thing. You're getting to know each other, not sneaking pictures, and you're both willing partners. Entirely different. I've never been interested in an age difference of more than a few years, but that's just for me. As long as everyone is a consenting adult, I don't care what others do. :)
I just can't deal with the visual of old men running around with women (I'm sorry.. I call them "girls" at that age..) in their 20's. It's harder on the girl, I think.. they either think she's their daughter or a paid companion with that large of an age difference.

My age? This really is not about ageism for me, its about the wide age differences between men and girls. I have had personal experiences (I wasn't molested or raped, though a couple of situations could have led to it) with much older men when I was around 8-10 years old, 15 & 16. These experiences were scary, uncomfortable and yes - creepy. I have a strong creepy radar, and men sneakily taking pictures of young girls sets it off.
How old were the girls the guy was taking pictures of? I think they were fully developed adult women.

I just can't deal with the visual of old men running around with women (I'm sorry.. I call them "girls" at that age..) in their 20's. It's harder on the girl, I think.. they either think she's their daughter or a paid companion with that large of an age difference.
Maybe it is young women running around with older men ..... so what. It happens. After all older people can still have sex without artificial stimulants. Experienced older people can be sensual sex partners.

The bottom line:
Companionship is companionship and in some cases love is love to which I say age need not be a barrier.

Last edited:

Probably, or that he's got money. I just always figured I wouldn't have much in common with someone that wasn't close in age to me.

How old were the girls the guy was taking pictures of? I think they were fully developed adult women.

I don't remember. But you can look fully developed at 15 or 16. And an old man taking pictures of young women is creepy to me, even if the women are 21.

I don't remember. But you can look fully developed at 15 or 16. And an old man taking pictures of young women is creepy to me, even if the women are 21.
It seems like to me, people are making assumptions not in evidence.

Again, him taking the pictures was reprehensible. Making it worse than can be shown is also reprehensible.

Can we stick with the facts known? Or at least present them as "what ifs?"

It seems like to me, people are making assumptions not in evidence.

Again, him taking the pictures was reprehensible. Making it worse than can be shown is also reprehensible.

Can we stick with the facts known? Or at least present them as "what ifs?"

What are the facts? Did he ask their ages? What evidence is there? The story says girls and women, so I'm guessing there were some young ones there. I'm not saying anything is illegal. I'm saying its creepy as shit TO ME.

Probably, or that he's got money. I just always figured I wouldn't have much in common with someone that wasn't close in age to me.
Which is why I prefer women much older. 'Cause after the lovin's done.. there has to be conversation.. I mean..

Can you picture an 80 year-old dude asking a girl.. "Hey, babe.. what'd you think of the latest record Usher dropped? It rocks some sic tracks, yo?"

I mean.. no.

What are the facts? Did he ask their ages? What evidence is there? The story says girls and women, so I'm guessing there were some young ones there. I'm not saying anything is illegal. I'm saying its creepy as shit TO ME.
I don't like it when people assume. Do you?

I don't like it when people assume. Do you?

Without seeing the 'evidence' all we can do is guess and make assumptions. You seem to be assuming he took pictures only of fully adult women. Going by 'girls and women', I'm assuming that not all of them were fully adult women.

Which is why I prefer women much older. 'Cause after the lovin's done.. there has to be conversation.. I mean..

Can you picture an 80 year-old dude asking a girl.. "Hey, babe.. what'd you think of the latest record Usher dropped? It rocks some sic tracks, yo?"

I mean.. no.

Lol, no! There either has to be some educating or some explaining back and forth and that would be tedious to me.

Lol, no! There either has to be some educating or some explaining back and forth and that would be tedious to me.
Whereupon the 20 year-old would respond, "I'm sorry, chump.. if it's not swing dancing it's not music. It's duck soup to play, and it's the cat's meow, pops!"

Yah.. I can see that happening.. <wink>

I say there are some extremely bored people with nothing more to do than pretend they are camera buffs.

Then get together after a few drinks and imagine ................... aka sling BS.

I couldn't imagine dating someone in their 20s or even early 30s and I'm 56 and in good shape. I think it just looks kinda sad and pathetic seeing a young lady with an old dude. She's doing it for the money and he's doing it for validation and to show off.

Without seeing the 'evidence' all we can do is guess and make assumptions. You seem to be assuming he took pictures only of fully adult women. Going by 'girls and women', I'm assuming that not all of them were fully adult women.
No, you are assuming that is what I think. When the video skimmed through the pictures, I only noticed adult women. Maybe I missed one. Did you notice what classifies as a minor?

I try to use the correct words for a situation, and I try not to assume. When I do, I state that I am assuming.

So does this video meet with you guy's approval?

When you're a young guy, the young girls are an interesting challenge and the ones who come your way are an enjoyable interlude.
If they are together mentally, spiritually and emotionally then they may become an even a longer term affair, maybe even your soul mate.
But aside from all that, a lot of men reach a certain age and conclude that the older ladies are jolly well okay, and still good looking, plus they have a lot of life experience, which may very well wind up being a plus for both.

I know that in my twenties I really only cared about getting laid, and the young ladies had all the right tastes and smells, made all the great noises and were wonderful to look at.
But at some point I guess I got all that out of my system and while I'll probably go to my grave still wanting to "get laid", it's true that a girl in her twenties has little else to offer me at my age.
I mean, for one thing, I'd creep myself out right off the bat because first thought in my head would be the fact that I have a DAUGHTER that age! 😮
Holy crap, I can't even imagine hitting on one of her little friends.
She has cute friends, but it's like "having more daughters" because I see them, and I see that they're pretty, but I feel like "Dad"...not "Pimp Daddy"!

Happily married now, second time around, going on twenty-five years, but if I were single, and looking, I'd be looking for a woman who is AT LEAST in her mid to late forties if not older.
My first wife was ten years my senior, she was forty when we met.
And that's when I learned just how amazing an older woman can be, she did lose her marbles because of drugs, but at the beginning we had a lot of good times and she rocked my world.
Don't discount the cougars, they may surprise the Hell out of you...but not if you're acting all creepy.
You know, professional photographers KNOW HOW to take photographs in public, even candid ones, without acting and looking creepy.

It's pretty obvious that these old farts were indeed giving off a creepy vibe because I've snapped beach bunny candid shots and people loved to watch me work, even the women I was photographing.
For one thing, if they express discomfort at being photographed I'd be courteous, even while being firm about the legal aspects of it.
I'd delete THEIR shots just to be nice about it.
People have been shooting candids on the beach for decades, in fact...even a century.
And there's always the guys who know how to be classy, and then there's the clods who don't.

No, you are assuming that is what I think. When the video skimmed through the pictures, I only noticed adult women. Maybe I missed one. Did you notice what classifies as a minor?

I try to use the correct words for a situation, and I try not to assume. When I do, I state that I am assuming.

Bull. You can't really clearly see the pictures and you are assuming they're adults. I'm going by what the story says:

"girl catches old man taking photos of young girls (presumably minors) on the beach in florida"

"She scrolls through his phone, swiping several times to reveal more photos. It’s unclear whether they depict minors or women over 18. One is of the man in the purple shirt he’s sitting next to, smiling in his chair with a woman standing behind him."

So what are the 'correct words for this situation' that you're using?

You seem offended that I find this guys behavior creepy. That's too bad, but you can't change how I feel about it. Whether the girls are 12 or 21, I find an old man snapping pictures of them without their knowledge creepy. Clearly you don't. That's life.

Last edited:
So does this video meet with you guy's approval?

I don't really know much about the Fresco Channel. Are they out there filming openly, with cameras that people are aware of? And are they close enough that people know that they're being filmed?

Back
Top Bottom