• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Cosmos’ Host Neil deGrasse Tyson To Be Investigated By Fox, Nat Geo & Producers After New Sexual Mi

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
‘Cosmos’ Host Neil deGrasse Tyson To Be Investigated By Fox, Nat Geo & Producers After New Sexual Mi

Neil deGrasse Tyson is like a click bait headline in human form. Not surprising at all that these allegations are coming out. I have a certain fake "medical" doctor in mind who might be next.

The action follows a report by David McAfee, in which Dr. Katelyn N. Allers, Associate Professor of Physics and Astronomy at Bucknell University, claimed that Tyson groped her at an after-party following a meeting of the American Astronomical Society in 2009, while Tyson’s former assistant Ashley Watson said she was forced to quit her job over his inappropriate sexual advances.

The two women join musician Tchiya Amet, who a year ago accused Tyson of raping her while both were grad students. In a recent interview, she revealed additional details about the alleged incident.

‘Cosmos’ Host Neil deGrasse Tyson To Be Investigated By Fox, Nat Geo & Producers After New Sexual Misconduct Allegations

Re: ‘Cosmos’ Host Neil deGrasse Tyson To Be Investigated By Fox, Nat Geo & Producers After New Sexua

Innocent until proven guilty. No Kav styled witch hunts please.

Re: ‘Cosmos’ Host Neil deGrasse Tyson To Be Investigated By Fox, Nat Geo & Producers After New Sexua

Neil deGrasse Tyson is like a click bait headline in human form. Not surprising at all that these allegations are coming out. I have a certain fake "medical" doctor in mind who might be next.

‘Cosmos’ Host Neil deGrasse Tyson To Be Investigated By Fox, Nat Geo & Producers After New Sexual Misconduct Allegations

Hmm... the 'new' sexual misconduct allegations are (over?) 9 years old.

King of space nerds turns out to be weird and creepy. News at 11.

Lost all respect for this man ever since he inserted global warming fantasy into his "science".. I mean, he's a damn scientist and he's grandstanding for a scientific claim this is unsupported by the scientific evidence.. Oh, and Carl Sagan is turning in his grave!

Tim-

Hmm... the 'new' sexual misconduct allegations are (over?) 9 years old.

That's practically yesterday compared to allegations I've seen made against others.

Innocent until proven guilty. No Kav styled witch hunts please.

Didn't that go out the window a few months back?

Lost all respect for this man ever since he inserted global warming fantasy into his "science".. I mean, he's a damn scientist and he's grandstanding for a scientific claim this is unsupported by the scientific evidence.. Oh, and Carl Sagan is turning in his grave!

Tim-

Yeah, if only he'd listen to Sean Hannity regarding an extremely complex scientific topic.

He was just trying to help her find a black hole

Didn't that go out the window a few months back?

They tried to end presumption of innocence, but I believe it backfired on them. Even women saw it as a witch hunt.

No word of a lie, a couple weeks ago my son was watching one of Tyson's talks on youtube and I thought to myself, "I wonder when this guy will be accused of sexual assault."

To be fair, I ask this question about a lot of famous men who are "experts" I see on TV because #metoo has shown us that a lot of men in positions of authority tend to abuse their subordinates and colleagues. They also tend to use their power to construct reality for the rest of society so that nobody will be the wiser. It grosses me out.

But that's the state of patriarchy in the modern world which is now being exposed. I'm glad we continue to clean house.

Back
Top Bottom