• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jill’: Classic snack gets a new face

"He isn't real, so that makes using an offensive term okay!" :rolleyes:

Come on, seriously.

This is what kills the solid values of the left. Things like this. The extremist mentality.
Peace

Until now I had forgotten that song existed, and I don't think I ever really knew or even bothered wondering what "cracker jacks" were.

I suppose good for Frito-Lay?

Although this is CLEARLY a marketing ploy.
You never had Cracker Jack as a kid?

Excuse me, and maybe I misunderstood, but why would this piss off the conservative folk?

When I was a kid our class went on a field trip to the Cracker Jack factory. Was that ever cool! I'll never forget that wonderful smell. Plus, they gave us freebies to take home.
Check it out...
ummm, it's being claimed as "political correctness."

one of conservatives great banes (libertarians too)

I remember when the ‘prize’ in Cracker Whatever was WAF!

I remember when the ‘prize’ in Cracker Whatever was WAF!
What's the W stand for? The toys have definitely gone downhill over the years though.

This is good news for women’s sports who all too often they have inferior equipment and get short changed. The donations should go a long way to updating aging facilities. It’s about time we pay attention to the needs our young men training to compete at the highest levels of women’s sports.

This will surely piss off the conservative folk. I mean, how dare they? LOL

Add this to your cancel culture list, cons.
Did someone sign a woman as a pitcher or a lead off hitter? As far as I know, there are no barriers, other than skill, for women to be baseball players. I'm sure they can observe as well as anyone.

This will surely piss off the conservative folk. I mean, how dare they? LOL

Add this to your cancel culture list, cons.

Oh no. I am shocked to my core and have never been more offended in all my days. My monocle fell straight off my face and into my sherry glass which spilled on my evening edition of the Wall Street Journal. Curse you Cracker Jills. *shakes fist*

Does Cracker Jill come with nuts?

DznVWh2VAAAyhJd

😁

Cracker-Jill.png

6da9d9b792a465bbb17befb8c7412bee3e3b5231.jpg

breaking news?

Cults gotta cult. ;)

More political correctness. I doubt it will help or hurt sales. I don’t think crackerjack is very popular today. Their heyday as a premiere snack is long gone. I don’t think they even sell crackerjack at the ballparks anymore. At least not that I have seen. Crackerjack or Crackerjill, it’s probably been 50 years since I had any, so changing the name doesn’t bother me.

Now when it comes to the Cleveland Indians becoming the Cleveland Guardians, the name change itself didn’t bother me, not in today’s politically correct era. But every time I hear the Name Cleveland Guardians, I think of newspapers, not a baseball team. They sure as all get out could have come up with a better name, not one that reminds folks of a newspaper and not a baseball team. Their call though. Cleveland Guardians, sounds like a newspaper syndicate.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

That's fine.

The nation is changing.

There is now the desire to recognize more the female gender.

So if the company wants to call it "Cracker Jill," that's fine (and of no real consequence).

What surprises me more is their continued use of "Cracker."

Surely in this era of sensitivity toward all ethnicities, it is odd that the word "cracker" is still allowed.
Cracker is a derogatory word used to describe white people. It’s okay to criticize white people for being born white. It’s the new normal. Not the word cracker. That’s been around since Saltines. The new normal is whitey hating whitey because whitey was born white.

Back
Top Bottom