• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jill’: Classic snack gets a new face

This will surely piss off the conservative folk. I mean, how dare they? LOL

Add this to your cancel culture list, cons.
I don't see the need for any outrage? Was this you pre-supposing outrage?

They added a female version of the same candy popcorn. They didn't replace Jack. They didn't make him binary or anything out of the ordinary.

Smart to push the advertising to women since they still do most of the shopping.
Also, it is going to a fund women's sports, a good cause all around.

”Cracker X” can’t be far behind…….

I don't see the need for any outrage? Was this you pre-supposing outrage?

They added a female version of the same candy popcorn. They didn't replace Jack. They didn't make him binary or anything out of the ordinary.

Smart to push the advertising to women since they still do most of the shopping.
Also, it is going to a fund women's sports, a good cause all around.
There certainly are conservatives/libertarians fuming over this.

Wait until the cancel culture warriors outlaw the word "Cracker"
No...any slurs used against Whites is fine. The CCWs have no problem with that.

Wait until the cancel culture warriors outlaw the word "Cracker"
Just the derogatory usage or do we now have to come up with a new word for things like Triscuts?

Now that I think about it, that restaurant/store chain "Cracker Barrel" might have issues.

This "cancel culture" isn't new, has existed since humans, and will always exist, so long as there are things humans disagree with about something.
And it's certainly not limited to one side of the political spectrum, or else book banning wouldn't be a thing.

It's just a natural aspect of the unending changes human society always has going on, and only time will tell how much of it sticks.

Stupid... Until today I didn't hear or read a single person who cared about Chacker Jacks..

This just might be a marketing ploy... I mean seriously people should be more upset with 'Chacker'.. Right? And will Chacker Jill's have nuts in them?

These are important questions... Lol

That's fine.

The nation is changing.

There is now the desire to recognize more the female gender.

So if the company wants to call it "Cracker Jill," that's fine (and of no real consequence).

What surprises me more is their continued use of "Cracker."

Surely in this era of sensitivity toward all ethnicities, it is odd that the word "cracker" is still allowed.

It doesn't. It still a stupid issue.
Using it as a political football is stupid.
Using it to make people go crazy is stupid.
It's a food product, go enjoy the day
You're awfully mad about marketing

No...any slurs used against Whites is fine. The CCWs have no problem with that.
And how do you feel about Disney these days? LOL!

This will surely piss off the conservative folk. I mean, how dare they? LOL

Add this to your cancel culture list, cons.

Excuse me, and maybe I misunderstood, but why would this piss off the conservative folk?

When I was a kid our class went on a field trip to the Cracker Jack factory. Was that ever cool! I'll never forget that wonderful smell. Plus, they gave us freebies to take home.
Check it out...

Back
Top Bottom