• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Brexit’ Revolt Casts a Shadow Over Hillary Clinton’s Cautious Path

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
For Hillary Clinton, Britain’s emotionally charged uprising against the European Union is the sort of populist victory over establishment politics that she fears in the coming presidential election.

Mrs. Clinton shares more with the defeated “Remain” campaign than just their common slogan, “Stronger Together.” Her fundamental argument, much akin to Prime Minister David Cameron’s against British withdrawal from the European Union, is that Americans should value stability and incremental change over the risks entailed in radical change and the possibility of chaos if Donald J. Trump wins the presidency.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/26/u...hadow-over-hillary-clintons-caution.html?_r=0

Considering the beating the stock market took because of the BREXIT and how hard the British Pound dropped in value, I would actually expect this to let some of the hot air oit of populism's balloon.

Considering the beating the stock market took because of the BREXIT and how hard the British Pound dropped in value, I would actually expect this to let some of the hot air oit of populism's balloon.

Freedom isn't free. It will hurt, but it only hurts for a short time. UK did the right thing. I like the way BO threatened the UK prior to the vote. He failed.

Ignore it, this is one of the ways the elite class tries to frighten the regular clas is with artificial "market volatility"

The markets always bounce back in the end, always. The silly thing is, long term in a stock market, the only people who lose in the market recessions are those who sell. Everytime, no one who leaves their investments alone (at least in well managed mutual funds ) loses money.

For Hillary Clinton, Britain’s emotionally charged uprising against the European Union is the sort of populist victory over establishment politics that she fears in the coming presidential election.

Mrs. Clinton shares more with the defeated “Remain” campaign than just their common slogan, “Stronger Together.” Her fundamental argument, much akin to Prime Minister David Cameron’s against British withdrawal from the European Union, is that Americans should value stability and incremental change over the risks entailed in radical change and the possibility of chaos if Donald J. Trump wins the presidency.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/26/u...hadow-over-hillary-clintons-caution.html?_r=0

I think that it might be useful to interpret Brexit as a logical next move in a decades long negotiation about what the EU should be and how it should be constructed. The following step was Cameron’s proposal to step down and not trigger article 50 himself. The next move was Eurocrats' outrage and demand to exit immediately, so that they can start changing the EU. Seeing this coming Merkel sided with Britain taking its time. This would mean the UK would participate in negotiating a new orientation for the EU and new rules, where she requires rational support. That would then have created a new situation and a good reason not to exit.

I bought 70 shares of Ford after the drop.

"Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit." -Napoleon Hill
Read more at: Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or... - Napoleon Hill at BrainyQuote

Last edited:
Freedom isn't free. It will hurt, but it only hurts for a short time. UK did the right thing. I like the way BO threatened the UK prior to the vote. He failed.

Perhaps they took a look at the lists of friends and enemies of the USA.

If you're a friend and the Big 0 is in the White House, you're pretty much screwed.

If you're an enemy and the Big 0 is in the White House, you seem to get favored treatment.

Maybe the Brits are just striving to get favored treatment. :)

Ignore it, this is one of the ways the elite class tries to frighten the regular clas is with artificial "market volatility"

The markets always bounce back in the end, always. The silly thing is, long term in a stock market, the only people who lose in the market recessions are those who sell. Everytime, no one who leaves their investments alone (at least in well managed mutual funds ) loses money.

Here's the thing: usually I would agree with you guys. I can't stand the EU any more than the rest of the people who understand how inefficient that bureaucratic nightmare is. The problem with BREXIT is, the UK still has to comply with EU regulations in order to trade with them, only difference is, now it costs them more to do so, their currency has lost a massive amount of value, and British citizens can no longer travel throughout Europe with the same ease. That doesn't sound like a good tradeoff to me.

And these are the hypocrites that claimed Trump would abandon our allies . :shock:

And these are the hypocrites that claimed Trump would abandon our allies . :shock:

Yep. Whenever leftists make these silly claims you can be sure they are the guilty party. It never fails. BO has done more to destroy America's relationship with our allies than any other leader prior to him.

Here's the thing: usually I would agree with you guys. I can't stand the EU any more than the rest of the people who understand how inefficient that bureaucratic nightmare is. The problem with BREXIT is, the UK still has to comply with EU regulations in order to trade with them, only difference is, now it costs them more to do so, their currency has lost a massive amount of value, and British citizens can no longer travel throughout Europe with the same ease. That doesn't sound like a good tradeoff to me.

I have confidence in the Brits. They'll figure it out.

friday Uk's market dropped 3.15%... america's 3.6%.. france 6.2 % germany 6.8% and irland nearly 9 %

this is showing UK has won nd the ones staying in the euro big losers france.. germany and ireland will have to secede from the euro to survive

Naw because with the pound dropping, they may be in a race to the bottom like china is, which will hurt it's people, but screw over the eu pretty bad if it keeps going down as the eu will lose a crapload of it's manufacturing to the uk. I can not see the eu tryin to bully the uk over leaving, with the uk being sovereign, price fixing, currency manipulation and tariffs all go back on the table.

Yep. Whenever leftists make these silly claims you can be sure they are the guilty party. It never fails. BO has done more to destroy America's relationship with our allies than any other leader prior to him.

Oh so true !

I have confidence in the Brits. They'll figure it out.

Of course they will. They couldn't have an empire that spanned the planet without being good at adapting to different situations. However, that doesn't change the fact that leaving the EU was a poor choice from an economic standpoint.

However, that doesn't change the fact that leaving the EU was a poor choice from an economic standpoint.

It isn't a fact.

That's why I have confidence in the Brits to figure it out.

Think positive.

Back
Top Bottom