• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘The Sandlot’ cast members reunite 20 years

Gathomas88

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
‘The Sandlot’ cast members reunite 20 years later at the actual sandlot

sandlot20yearreunion072313.jpg

As you may already know, this year is the 20th anniversary of beloved baseball flick "The Sandlot." We caught up with a couple of the actors and director David Mickey Evans on the actual anniversary of the film so they could relay "Sandlot" memories.

Well, this past weekend, they all came face-to-face with another memory: the actual sandlot. As part of the film's summer anniversary tour, a handful of the "Sandlot" kids returned to Utah to play ball on the actual sandlot where the movie was filmed. The Salt Lake City Tribune has a great story and photo gallery. (Seriously, look at the photos).

The cast members who attended: Marty York (who played Yeah-Yeah), Patrick Renna (Ham Porter), Chauncey Leopardi (Squints), Victor DiMattia (Timmy Timmons), Shane Obedzinski (Tommy Timmons) and Daniel Zacapa (who played the police chief and was the film's baseball instructor). Evans was also there, as were members of the Salt Lake Bees (the Triple-A affiliate of the Los Angeles Angels) and a team of local youth baseball players.

Here's a "then and now" of the "Sandlot" actors in attendance:

SANDLOT20YEARSIDE-072313.jpg

And, no, ladies, we're sorry, Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez wasn't there. He's still off being a firefighter and not stealing home for the Dodgers. But here you go:

The festivities did include this "awww" moment, though: Evans, the film's director, used the trip to the original sandlot to propose to his girlfriend, Stacey McGillis, who is a Hollywood location manager.

Veeeery cool. :)

It's actually kind of amazing to see just how little most of them have changed in the twenty years since the movie was released.

Last edited:
That. Is awesome. :)

I remember seeing this film in theaters. 20 year really. I feel like how old people feel. :2razz:

It's going to be the greatest kid movie of all time .....

You're killing me smalls!

I was reading an article about the 20 year anniversary in Sports Illustrated and smalls was telling how people yell that to him all the time but the best moment was when he got into car accident that was his fault and when the other driver jumped out, looked at the damage, then smalls, and said it. Haha love it!

You're killing me smalls!

I was reading an article about the 20 year anniversary in Sports Illustrated and smalls was telling how people yell that to him all the time but the best moment was when he got into car accident that was his fault and when the other driver jumped out, looked at the damage, then smalls, and said it. Haha love it!

That's awesome!! :lol: I say that a lot, at home. I know, it's silly, but when my husband does something dumb, I say, 'Ya killin' me, Smalls!' He's not cool enough to get it, so I had to explain it to him.

Back
Top Bottom