• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Deadly stuff’: Trump’s own words bring focus back to virus

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
'''Deadly stuff''': Trump'''s own words bring focus back to virus

By ZEKE MILLER

WASHINGTON (AP) — Try as he might to change the subject, President Donald Trump can’t escape the coronavirus.

In April, the president tried to shift the public’s focus to the economy. In July, to defending the country’s “heritage.” In September, to enforcing “law and order.” But all along the way, the death toll from the coronavirus continued to mount.

And now, Trump’s own words are redirecting attention to his handling of the pandemic when he can least afford it — less than two months before Election Day.

“I wanted to always play it down,” Trump said of the threat from the virus. That was in a private conversation with journalist Bob Woodward last March that became public on Wednesday with the publication of excerpts from Woodward’s upcoming book “Rage.”

In taped conversations released along with the excerpts, Trump insisted he didn’t want to create “panic.” But his comments also raised fresh questions about how he has managed the defining crisis of his presidency, one that has killed more than 190,000 Americans so far, with no end in sight.
===========================================================================================
By 'panic' I can only assume he meant the stock market. But now we can see why he keeps changing the focus of his reelection campaign, getting further & further away from the virus.

Last edited:
One more sad attempt to get the president has failed! They are getting desperate so this stuff is getting posted over and over.
Trying to spin what he told Woodward and knew it was being taped!!

The liar Schiff is going to try more Russian Collusion very soon! Can't make up this crap that the democrats are trying?
Maybe need to call out Big boy Nadler?

'''Deadly stuff''': Trump'''s own words bring focus back to virus

By ZEKE MILLER

WASHINGTON (AP) — Try as he might to change the subject, President Donald Trump can’t escape the coronavirus.

In April, the president tried to shift the public’s focus to the economy. In July, to defending the country’s “heritage.” In September, to enforcing “law and order.” But all along the way, the death toll from the coronavirus continued to mount.

And now, Trump’s own words are redirecting attention to his handling of the pandemic when he can least afford it — less than two months before Election Day.

“I wanted to always play it down,” Trump said of the threat from the virus. That was in a private conversation with journalist Bob Woodward last March that became public on Wednesday with the publication of excerpts from Woodward’s upcoming book “Rage.”

In taped conversations released along with the excerpts, Trump insisted he didn’t want to create “panic.” But his comments also raised fresh questions about how he has managed the defining crisis of his presidency, one that has killed more than 190,000 Americans so far, with no end in sight.
===========================================================================================
By 'panic' I can only assume he meant the stock market. But now we can see why he keeps changing the focus of his reelection campaign, getting further & further away from the virus.

I think this really needs to make everyone sit and think. Most rational people know that Trumps lies and he tries to make everyone around him lie. But now he's just admitting to it. So does that mean that the entire american population should assume that any news about a vaccine, and news about treatments, any good news at all about this virus could possibly just be trump trying to "play it down"? Can we trust anything at all from this administration?

This is about as bad as any administration possibly could have handled something like this. Tons of inaction, slow response on just about every front, lies upon lies upon lies, false promises etc. while the bodies are piling up. It makes me sick to my stomach.

One more sad attempt to get the president has failed! They are getting desperate so this stuff is getting posted over and over.
Trying to spin what he told Woodward and knew it was being taped!!

The liar Schiff is going to try more Russian Collusion very soon! Can't make up this crap that the democrats are trying?
Maybe need to call out Big boy Nadler?

What, exactly, is the "spin" and what did Trump really say/mean? Context/clarity.

Back
Top Bottom