• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP Blogs

This is a place to post reflections, share opinions, ideas, interests and personal political philosophies.
Heedfully (I am trying to use creative literature [I know completely nothing about literature]), I am going to begin to blog - to blog about my hitherto, reading. And pertinence to, my reading. Easy to begin where I initiate; about to do with my reading - my goal. My goal for the juice of life for me. I have a goal, a simple aim; yet though so hard. It is, to make a lot of money. A billion dollars and more. Where would I start? Seeing, obviously that I am not a rich being - I know [knew] nothing about making a lot of money. So, I started, I started by reading books on "how to make money", documentarys about money. I watched seminars on YouTube; to do with investments, trading, corporate entity's, FINANCE - the STOCK market. Uh! The...
Just thought I'd put that out there. And my confrontation with Bubba was unfortunate. I am not unhappy. When I read his post, I PMd him to see if he was kidding or serious. "Serious" was his only reply. So I had at him. As I said, unfortunate. I forgive myself this kind of outburst because I know I'm dealing with a terminal illness. I think I'm dealing with it very well. And, if you can believe it, I'm busy and happy. I try not to think about what the future holds, because it's probably not going to be pretty. But I'll deal with it as I've dealt with everything my whole life. If I have to put on one-size larger of "big-girl panties" though...." Ha! And I don't hate Tom, which is what Bubba alluded to. I know why he did what he did. As...
I've been a member of this Forum now for a little over 4 years. Back in 2013 I posted the following in a "Hi, I'm New" statement. I repost this to help both old and new members who question my motives based on my recent responses both in support of the current administration, and other political issue threads. As you can see I have remained true to this list of ideals throughout my membership to date. I've also expanded on them to clarify as examples arise of new issues not listed. I also adhere to my tagline, I stop responding for the following three reasons.: 1. I believe that I've made my point already and really don't feel like repeating it. 2. The post is fallacious in some way (emotional appeal, ad hominin, red herring...
Yesterday was a lunch date with Tom's sister and his brother's girlfriend of fifty years. I was looking forward to it because it was make-or-break. Either they were friends/family or they weren't. And I desperately needed to know that. I waited for Claudia to bring up the huge anniversary BBQ they had this past Saturday, and, after one Lemon Drop Martini, I brought it up myself. Told them how hurt I was when I realized (from that group text) that they hadn't told many in the family about Tom and I. And that I was crushed that, when Claudia called me earlier in the week to set up our lunch date, that she hadn't said something like, "Maggie, I hope you're still coming to our celebration. Tom and his new girlfriend will be there, but you...
So a few months ago, Tom's sister had a restaurant party for about 40 people celebrating their 50th anniversary. Of course, Tom and I were there. At that time, she told us about the big summer party she planned for tomorrow. Though I've had lunch with her several times since, she never mentioned the party to me again. These kinds of milestones are hard to weather. I considered his family my own after 18 years so leading up to tomorrow has been a bit difficult. But I was doing better than ever. Until I got a Facebook message from her son, Tom's nephew, saying he was sorry to be missing the party and he'd miss us very much... which told me that his sister Claudia and my friend, I thought, hadn't told the family. I was heartbroken. I...
Back
Top Bottom