• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP Blogs

This is a place to post reflections, share opinions, ideas, interests and personal political philosophies.
How will they channel their disappointment, refocus their self identity as victims? Or, will their mass psychosis simply double down and continue, say..... for the next 160 years? How many avoidable deaths will mass delusion and denial cost America,this time? https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Lost_Cause_of_the_Confederacy Lost Cause of the Confederacy - Wikipedia The Lost Cause of the Confederacy (or simply the Lost Cause) is an American pseudohistorical [1] [2] and historical negationist myth [3] [4] [5] that claims the cause of the Confederate States during the American Civil War was just, heroic, and not centered on slavery. https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › New_York_civil_investigation_of_The_Trump_Organization New York civil...
Hey-o, another blog post! 😎 I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day! My wife and I went out for a meal last night, and we had a really good conservation about raising children (straight up until almost closing, too). We're both having these conversations more and more. Though my wife and I never really intended to ever really consider it, she and I are in that headspace where we have both come to agreement that we would like to be parents at some point in the future. It's a crazy thing to feel, honestly. I never thought I'd be in a position like this, or rather I just couldn't ever conceive it in my head. Doesn't really feel that long ago that we were both kids ourselves, with no real direction in our lives. Time flies...
When last we left our intrepid heroes and villains, the Trump electoral map showed President Biden (D-DE) with 269 electoral votes and Donald Trump (R-FL) with 145 electoral votes and 124 electoral votes outstanding. At-a-Glance: If the election was held at the end of 2023, Biden would be doomed, losing by 123 electoral votes and losing nearly all the swing states he won in 2020. The final electoral college total would be 313-188, with five states (NJ, DE, MD, and DC) not being polled. Link: https://www.270towin.com/maps/4ogle In-depth analysis: New States that were polled included: Alabama (Trump +25, only one poll) Alaska (Trump +8, last poll released by Alaska Survey Research) Idaho (Trump +29, only one poll) Indiana, where...
A new challenger to the arena was Nikki Haley (R-SC). At-a-glance: Haley’s first electoral map was a disaster for the former Governor. While the map is very incomplete (Been 151 - Haley 91), President Biden (D-DE) would win Texas and Florida, which would spell almost certain doom for Haley if this electoral map held up. Link to Electoral Map: https://www.270towin.com/maps/PWzd3 Notes by State: Arizona Haley has a +7 lead in Arizona, but the last poll in 2023 was sponsored by a Republican Super PAC California Biden leads by +15 in California. Florida Biden leads by +5 in Florida Georgia Haley leads by +8 in Georgia Maryland Biden leads by +17 Michigan Haley leads Biden +12 New Hampshire Haley leads Biden +6 North...
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) led President Biden (D-D in the electoral map with 190 electoral votes to 77 electoral votes with 271 electoral votes outstanding at the end of 2022. At-a-Glance: Biden led DeSantis 204-160 at the end of 2023. There were many states outstanding, but if the states that “traditionally” went Democratic did the same on Election Day, this would be a losing map for DeSantis. Link to Map: https://www.270towin.com/maps/N9WN0 In Depth: New polled states included: Colorado, where Biden has a +3 lead Illinois, where Biden has a +18 lead. Iowa, where DeSantis has a +7 lead Maryland, where Biden led +22 Michigan, where DeSantis led +7. Minnesota, where Biden had a +2 lead. New Mexico, where Biden had a +6...
You know, I'm not sure I ever did explain my absence to DP. It's as if it happened to someone else. But the shelter, now that was a story I will tell, because it was one of the many miracles then that slowly convinced me once again that the world is full of kind and giving people. It was run by nuns--well, supervised--they didn't work there and the staff never mentioned religion at all. It was strictly run and we were an older group of residents at the time, most working during the day. The staff were pretty much pains in the ass with all their rules, but the folks there 'in transition' (homeless) like me were really good people. Andy helped me out with small car jobs like charging my ac. Carl (a restaurant cook) snuck me eggs over easy...
When there is no sun over the tundra for the third month, and there is steam from the mouth in the yarang, and outside the birds are freezing on the fly; when the men have not returned from fishing to the sea, and EVEN MICE have been dug up and eaten around the camp; when a woman is weak from hunger, and she no longer has milk for her baby, only a skinny dog With cold blue eyes, he is the only creature in the whole world who warms a helpless human cub in his last hours... Every day the same landscape: a white ice field, blue hummocks and the northern lights... And so it has been for thousands of years in a row. Apparently, this left its mark on the color of the iris of THESE eyes. They saw ETERNITY. They saw the World in its pristine...
North Carolina Filing Deadline: December 15, 2023 Primary Date: March 5, 2024 General Election Date, November 5, 2024 The state is almost split evenly with 7 Democratic Representatives and 9 Republican Representatives District 1: Incumbent Donald Davis (D-NC) advances to the general election unopposed. Laurie Buckhout (R-NC) and Sandy Smith (R-NC) proceed to the March 5th, 2024 primary. Additionally, Libertarian candidate Tom Bailey (L-NC) advances to the general election. District 2: Incumbent Deborah Ross (D-NC) faces a primary challenge from Michael Camero (D-NC) on March 5th, 2024. There is a three-person Republican primary on March 5th, 2024 between Eugene Douglass (R-NC), Robert Morales (R-NC), and Alan Swain (R-NC) The...
People often ask me why I respond the way I do, especially where Trump or the GOP is involved, and I thought it would be fun to explain the madness. Having been in the Navy at one point in my life, I take a hardline stance on issues pretraining to the safety and security of my country. I believe the leader of the country (and the free world) has to be willing to put the security of the country and its population first. This is, in my eyes, not negotiable. That being said, when I look at what the GOP has done to this country, especially from 2016-2020, but also during the early to mid 80s, I tend to get very irritated. I make no secret of the fact that I do not like Donald Trump or his three adult children. I also tend to...
Back
Top Bottom