• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP Blogs

This is a place to post reflections, share opinions, ideas, interests and personal political philosophies.
It is here we get our definition of the ‘strong’ man; he is not necessarily the man who is the strongest physically, the best mentally, or the most enduring emotionally. He is the man with the power. He has control over language itself, and thus the ability to define himself as ‘good’. But it is not only language he has power over, he has power over other people, and power in such magnitude that he is allowed to define the actions of those below him, and the people below him, as ‘bad’. This is an exercise in control; it creates a self-perpetuating loop of power and control, where the ‘good’ will always be the ones in control, never to be usurped by those who consider themselves, and call...
In the First Essay of the Genealogy of Morals, Nietzsche lays out his ideal of the ‘noble’, the ‘strong’ man, and explains his reasons for exemplifying the strong over his idea of ‘weak’. Nietzsche attempts to prove to the reader that the notions of ‘good’ and ‘evil’ are really the weak man’s attempts at making the strong man incapable of exercising his strength over the weak, and are ideals that the strong must disregard in order to be truly strong. Nietzsche exemplifies the aristocratic ideal, that there are a few strong men who should rule over the many because they alone can, and that any attempt by the many, by those being ruled, to overthrow or otherwise make a...
The reason I'm writing this blog is twofold, firstly, 'cause it's 2am and I can't sleep, secondly 'cause I'm watching a movie about John Curtin, and his time as PM during WW2, and it's got me thinking about the Australian dependence on America defence-wise. This has nothing to do with anti-Americanism, most of you are good people, so, if you're stupid enough to read the rest, don't take it as that, as it isn't. Prior to WW2, we depended upon Britain as our sole protector, as a nation with a (relatively) small population, and a large, empty landmass, the fear of invasion and subjugation by a foreign power was one of the major driving factors behind Australia's foreign policy (and domestic policy too), and come WW2, lo and behold, there...
The Constitution is no mystery. It is a simple document, with straight forward wording and little room for interpretation. The primary purpose was to bring individual States together to pool resources for defense and trade. The Federal Government has three basic functions: Facilitate trade between the States and foreign governments Protect the borders Protect the rights held by the people In practice, the Federal Government is more like the UN than a full fledged government. The Federal Government is supposed to organize a standing military (army and navy) to supplement the state militias. They are, in essence, a vehicle for increasing the strength of the states through greater numbers. The Federal Government, through the same...
The man said,”: but see me once and see the way I feel.” Online here or was it another place. Same ID? Pm’s? Contacts list? These places at times have the same traces. And put me in a gloom to search my mood to move and feel for the new. Maybe back to the old , or is it a fresher bold? Dancers here step to quick? Nah to slow? My partners getting old. I need relief I’ve lost my belief. Should I bolt like a thief? Oh hell just leave! Hustlers and shills, whiners and -players for real. Takes a bunch to make a place, even in moderation. Ah-that may be an over generalization. Then again what’s the alteration an altercation? Management knows. When the floor is new or clear and the moods right- then god! The dancing’s so nice...
Stuck, moved to longing and filled with want. Unable to care, from fanning flames of things consumed in me. I reach for never and now. Gaining neither. Caught in this wanting for more of the sameness and saneness of self. Lost from chasing me to you. Never catching the next feat of my attentive passions to write in the diaries of our thoughts. On then I push you pull I need you want I rush you run. Then I stop. Walk to the edge of no, look out and yell for the insistence of control I gave up. Gained from realizing the need to feed the dream I live in endless pursuit. To taste, innocence and charm hiding amongst those secrets guarding the mystery of hers-each calling me. And the she’s, who will, and can always draw me...
This is the time of the year that our thoughts turn to three things: Family Those in need God When thinking of your family, thank them for their love. Tell them the gift you give them this year is not a tradition of society but because you truly care about them. If you have been having difficulties, remember that they argue with you because they care about you. Life is short and all arguments are petty. Let the next year be about forgiveness. When thinking about those in need, do not look at their problems as an indictment of their behavior. Rather, view the situation as an opportunity, an opportunity for you to make a difference in someone's life. You cannot undo the past, but you can change the future. When thinking of God...
Settled in. Watching our growing of forgetting. Touching the old. This emptiness placed here by my hand. I remain curious even now .What’s the wrong that I can write it?   Gross echoes of never, sound in me as I try testing the pleasant of, "you and then". Inward passions wishfully direct, experiences of you back into my mind. Events Lead. Hope prods forth promise, then like a wave, it washes me with you. As it was, and can’t be again. I feel it will you away. Carrying you further from my memory. Losing your warmth and the rush for with and about you. Like a sprout free and nourished by us. Our fading takes root and rises up; becoming stronger. Getting fed with the hurried neediness of friendships and conditions...
Back
Top Bottom