• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP Blogs

This is a place to post reflections, share opinions, ideas, interests and personal political philosophies.
From my blog: (http://whataboutpeace.blogspot.com/2011/08/american-elite-are-insane.html) There can be no debate anymore; it is now a fact that the American economic elite have lost their minds. These people are not stupid in any sense of the word, yet it seems they have truly gone off the deep end. In the 1990’s, it seemed as if all was well, yet many companies were pushing for a new economic theory called globalization in which the world would become more economically interconnected. It was presented as a good thing for both the US and the world, however, as we can now see, only the companies are doing well and offshoring is destroying the US economy. It has led to a dismantling of the American manufacturing sector and with it...
Post #2,663 is the beginning of my new stance. A new worldview, per se. It will not be an abandonment of my true views; they will now be kept silent and be forgotten in time. I desire knowledge, increased intelligence, wisdom, and experience. I want to know why people believe what they believe. My ideology is slowly being pieced together as this: 1. We CANNOT absolutely prove our beliefs. We cannot prove morality, feelings, etc. We grasp at beliefs vainly because we feel we must believe. 2. This ideology picks apart anyone with beliefs. I will take them to the "Great Unknown." 3. Intellect and reason are the ultimate principles of reality. There can be no evil or good. Feelings mean nothing. Morality doesn't exist. Justice does...
Editor's Note: References can be seen (What About Peace?: Somalia: A Nation In Turmoil) The African nation of Somalia has been in turmoil for as long as most can remember, with inept governments and general anarchy across the nation. While there is highly-publicized ongoing famine in Somalia, there needs to be an examination of how Somalia ended up in such turmoil. General Siad Barre was made a colonel and deputy commandant of the Somali National Army when Somalia became an independent nation in 1960. From there, he quickly rose in the ranks and came a major general in 1966. All this time he was loyal to the Somali government, however, things would change quiet soon. In October 1969 "shortly after the President, Dr. Abdirashid Ali...
I think this experience has shown that ideologues have no place in government. I honestly believe that the reason this process has been so drawn out is because of the conviction of the Tea Party caucus. One of my favorite pieces of wisdom comes from Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 which begins with "There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heavens." In this case, the political environment was not ready for entitlement and tax reform especially under the context of a unceremonious congressional action which has a deadline that if not met would have dire consequences for the world economy. There will be time for entitlement reform and tax reform. There will be a time to make the spending cuts. There will be a time for...
From my blog (What About Peace?: Kosovo Border Offensive Against Serbia) As of recent, Kosovo has launched a border offensive against Serbia, yet there aren’t many reports of it within the mainstream news about this ongoing situation. The situation began just for days ago, on July 26th, when the Kosovo Prime Minister sent “lightly armed special police units” into Serbia to begin “an operation aimed at placing troops loyal to [Kosovo] in a region that takes orders from Serbia.” The region in question is being used by Serbia in its “ongoing campaign to undermine Kosovo's 2008 secession.” [1] The By controlling this region, the Kosovos also planned to “enforce a ban on goods from Serbia to counter years of a similar boycott by Belgrade...
From my blog (What About Peace?: Idiots On My Left, Crazies On My Right: Why America Needs A Viable Third Party) The US is currently in a standstill with the debt crisis. The Republicans are using it to slash the social safety net, thus hurting the poor, students, and senior citizens in order to give tax cuts to the rich and fund massive wars and the Democrats are going right along with it. We are in a situation where there are idiots to our left and crazies to our right, which is why a third party is needed. As of recent, the Republicans are arguing that there be no taxes in the debt ceiling deal, while they want to enact major social spending cuts to programs like Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security. The right has been lying...
Though I enjoy the banter, tweaking the left and the laughs, it's time to use my time a little more wisely. Have too much to do, and DP has become a luxury I can't afford. Sticking around during the primaries and general election would act like a black hole, sucking time in large chunks. My 2012 Prediction: Of course... Obama's going to go the way of Carter, I hope he gets beaten like Mondale, but that type of drubbing isn't likely. I think he'll lose by about the same margin he won in 2008. Obama's problem is he now has a record he cannot run from. Unlike 2008 he can't run from it, but it will be fun to watch him try, and of course continue to blame Bush 43. I wish everyone good health and happiness. Keep you chin up... America...
Back
Top Bottom