• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Weed Strains

So, on a lark, I decided to get a vape cartridge of Pineapple Express today at the new and mostly empty dispensary by my house. I stopped in around 3 PM, and it was packed! Lots of people working, talked with the bud tender who does Pineapple and she loves it. I am meh about vape, but I have a 6 hour car ride on Monday in an uncomfortable seat that always makes my hips hurt, and at $25, I thought I'd give it a try. I did one, maybe two hits from this and nothing happened..then it happened about 20 minutes in. A nice wave of sativa high, a bit dizzy and wacky. Of course watching an episode of Starsky and Hutch that was a spinoff effort for Huggy Bear kinda messed with me. Finally had to go to eat and get some pizza and beer and work off the high. Damn, it was a fun one, would be a good one to ride a bike with!

So, on a lark, I decided to get a vape cartridge of Pineapple Express today at the new and mostly empty dispensary by my house. I stopped in around 3 PM, and it was packed! Lots of people working, talked with the bud tender who does Pineapple and she loves it. I am meh about vape, but I have a 6 hour car ride on Monday in an uncomfortable seat that always makes my hips hurt, and at $25, I thought I'd give it a try. I did one, maybe two hits from this and nothing happened..then it happened about 20 minutes in. A nice wave of sativa high, a bit dizzy and wacky. Of course watching an episode of Starsky and Hutch that was a spinoff effort for Huggy Bear kinda messed with me. Finally had to go to eat and get some pizza and beer and work off the high. Damn, it was a fun one, would be a good one to ride a bike with!

Bless. I cannot get anything off vaping anymore. Even vaping flower. Only eddies and flower knock my tits backwards.

Picked up a Peako Puffy Pro or a PuffpeakProJob 3000. The e rig that’s the iPhone of dab rigs (because my lifestyle isn’t already enough of a ****ing peloton ad - yup, we own two of those too!). This was my first experience with dabbing. I bought a “crumble” which I dunno what that means vs wax and shatter other than I’m sure the physical attribute defines what it is.

WHOA DUDE

It was niiiiiiiiice. I get it. Way more potent than vaping, but closer to flower than any vape cart could ever hope to get to. I still prefer flower because whether it’s a placebo or not I feel like flower you get the whole spectrum of the plant (someone will probably correct me).

Picked up a Peako Puffy Pro or a PuffpeakProJob 3000. The e rig that’s the iPhone of dab rigs (because my lifestyle isn’t already enough of a ****ing peloton ad - yup, we own two of those too!). This was my first experience with dabbing. I bought a “crumble” which I dunno what that means vs wax and shatter other than I’m sure the physical attribute defines what it is.

WHOA DUDE

It was niiiiiiiiice. I get it. Way more potent than vaping, but closer to flower than any vape cart could ever hope to get to. I still prefer flower because whether it’s a placebo or not I feel like flower you get the whole spectrum of the plant (someone will probably correct me).

That's why I like flower - all the parts are there. I am no authority on concentrates but I think they may have to add terpenes and things back in, and the question for me would be 'are they adding it all back in and in the same amounts?'

So can you use any concentrate with the Puffpeak?

Favorite medical strain is Granny's Medicine....18% THC / 18% CBD, great terpene profile. I always prefer concentrates these days, specifically rosin, but I've tried the flower as well, and it's great - complete relaxation of anxiety symptoms and great pain relief. It's tricky to find it though...thankfully I know a guy who invested heavily into those genetics.

Favorites otherwise - Critical Kush, Gorilla Glue, Strawberry Banana (though this one I need to hit some CBD first, otherwise the paranoia gets away from me - it's like a tsunami, very powerful stuff). And I never say no to Purple Haze, just for the nostalgia...that was the holy grail in my high school days...hehe...

With so many strains out there these days, I generally select based on terpene profile. Potency just tells me how long the ounce will last. ;)
If you can find it 'the og18' by dna genetics. Wonderful terpene profile.

WHOA DUDE

I think you are correct, I too use flower way more than anything else. I use a vape pen for when I go golfing or that kind of thing. A friend sent me some 'animal cookies', lovey flavor and bouquet. Going to see poco, pure prairie league and firefall tonight, this is one of those instances where I'll take my pen which contains super lemon haze.

I think you are correct, I too use flower way more than anything else. I use a vape pen for when I go golfing or that kind of thing. A friend sent me some 'animal cookies', lovey flavor and bouquet. Going to see poco, pure prairie league and firefall tonight, this is one of those instances where I'll take my pen which contains super lemon haze.

Pens barely do anything for me now. They all feel like the same dull head thing that people who aren’t used to getting high mistake for being high. Maybe yours are fire, it’s different in different parts of the country.

How’d that go??
Didn't have the time....rode past one on our bikes, but really skeevy area down by the naval yard. We rode from downtown SD to Coronado, first time in that direction, great fun.

I still have the pineapple express vape which has been fun...

That's why I like flower - all the parts are there. I am no authority on concentrates but I think they may have to add terpenes and things back in, and the question for me would be 'are they adding it all back in and in the same amounts?'

So can you use any concentrate with the Puffpeak?

That’s what it says. Would make sense. It’s just a super efficient heating chamber that reaches the temps needed to melt any of this stuff into a vapor.

Didn't have the time....rode past one on our bikes, but really skeevy area down by the naval yard. We rode from downtown SD to Coronado, first time in that direction, great fun.

I still have the pineapple express vape which has been fun...

THe middle class burbs/fancy areas just started voting to allow customer facing dispensaries, so increasingly they’ll move out of impoverished neighborhoods where they will overprice things and we’ll be wishing these dispensaires were stuck back in impoverished neighborhoods.

My wife and I are mixing different things in the chamber. Shatter. Jelly. Goop. Whatever. It’s fun! But are we gonna die tho?

Pens barely do anything for me now. They all feel like the same dull head thing that people who aren’t used to getting high mistake for being high. Maybe yours are fire, it’s different in different parts of the country.
I've had a few from different dispensaries some are just ok. My favorite comes from Trulieve, good quality stuff.

My wife and I are mixing different things in the chamber. Shatter. Jelly. Goop. Whatever. It’s fun! But are we gonna die tho?

I looked up your Puffco. A little pricey, but if I was going to do concentrates that'd be the way I'd go. No torches and all that other stuff to mess with.

I looked up your Puffco. A little pricey, but if I was going to do concentrates that'd be the way I'd go. No torches and all that other stuff to mess with.

It is magnificent kit. Super easy and intuitive.

Finally found a strain I have been searching for. A new one that has gotten a lot of attention, J-1 (aka Jack 1). 70/30 sativa dominant, it is a cross of Jack Herer and Skunk 1.

Had a little, did a 16 mile bike ride post monsoon rain, saw lots of damage, felt great!

Clear head, focused with a touch of happy happy joy joy.

Nothing too exciting, but I had to drive my husband to Boulder for an injection into his back, so I went to a pot store very nearby and picked up 1/4 of Afghani. I hadn't seen it down here for a while so it was nice to find it.

Well that was annoying, all the more so because I saw it coming, shrugged, and then remembered....

Minor bud rot attack on three plants, a sizeable chunk of my sadly little legal crop. Excised, treated. (Alternation: "Growsafe" concentrate some days, Neem oil others). Careful attention.

The problem? We had several days of cool misty-rainy crap. I didn't apply the moment it evaporated from the leaves. That's the perfect set-up for both Botrytis and whatever powdery mildew is.

🤞

I've heard a milk mixture is good for powdery mildew, but I've never tried it. We ended up throwing the affected crop out.

Concentrates are good.

Yes and no. Okay. I think…I may have some kind of allergy or something to vaping plant/concentrates. It tears up my lungs something fierce. I can smoke all day, no problem. Same happens when I use my Mighty to vape flower. The vape rips me up bad. Smoke, no problemo.

Cannot figure it out.

…and to be honest, I’m okay with that cause I didn’t notice a big deal with concentrates. I’m in CA, I have access to crazy good rapper weed. Both legal and not available over the counter stuff.

also I just like weed. Flower is gorgeous. The different colors, the construction, the odors. How it smells different in the jar vs when you squeeze or break it open. Yeah, weed is good.

…and to be honest, I’m okay with that cause I didn’t notice a big deal with concentrates. I’m in CA, I have access to crazy good rapper weed. Both legal and not available over the counter stuff.

also I just like weed. Flower is gorgeous. The different colors, the construction, the odors. How it smells different in the jar vs when you squeeze or break it open. Yeah, weed is good.
concur
there are situations where the convenience of a vape might make it useful
but flower is definitely my first choice whenever the desire to get stoned arises

and i envy you folks who live in places where options are abundant and legal

Back
Top Bottom