• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:1581] US hiring sharply misses expectations in April with just 266,000 new jobs added

HEY! We can do it this way too.

Let's analyze when Democrats controlled Congress and the Presidency.

View attachment 67332884

I can do this all day.

Look at that consistent GDP growth between 1962 and 1968, and between 1977 and 1980.

This is fun!

It's clear at this point you're nothing more than a political hack.

P.S.: Reagan was a big-government liberal. The pre-Trump Republican Party was built on a lie. What a bunch of liars. They never believed in small government.
So take your percentage and spend it at the grocery store, I will take my dollars especially getting to keep more of what I earn thanks to Reagan, Bush, and Trump

I am comparing apples to apples not apples to lemons. Who shut down the economy and why? You want to ignore the policies that generated the 2017-2019 results and ignore the results generated by the economic shutdown which was bipartisan but administered by a Democratic Congress
Again, never has unfavorable year(s) during a president's tenure been omitted. So you can go ahead and cherry pick, but the economic results during a president's tenure gets attributed to them regardless of cause.

I never have ignored them and responded to them when you have brought them up in the past. I just have no interest in going on the off topic ramp.
Don't blame you, liberal results never reconcile with liberal rhetoric, you think with your heart not the brain

So take your percentage and spend it at the grocery store, I will take my dollars especially getting to keep more of what I earn thanks to Reagan, Bush, and Trump

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We can look at the raw data and the raw data tells the same story

So you think half a million extra deaths would have no effect on the labor market.? and thats just deaths.. not to mention the millions that are home but continue to have debilitating symptoms.
Of those half a million, over 80% were either over 65 or had preexisting conditions which would prohibit or severely limit their ability to work, or both.

Again, never has unfavorable year(s) during a president's tenure been omitted. So you can go ahead and cherry pick, but the economic results during a president's tenure gets attributed to them regardless of cause.
No omitted put into context, what economic results did you expect with an economic shutdown and why isn't that an explanation for the poor results that you want to blame on Trump not your governor or the Democratic Congress

Deflection is noted. Countercyclical fiscal and monetary policy is going to follow a New Keynesian approach. During economic downturns, you lower rates and grow deficits, and when in a sustainable expansion you raise taxes, interest rates, and reduce spending.

Not a deflection at all. My question ties directly into your assertion that profligate stimulus is real economic growth.

So, if stimulus is a substitute for healthy economic growth, aka it has to end sometime, then the existence of growth during record economic stimulus can not be seen as a healthy economy anymore than a patient with a breathing tube can be declared healthy....

In fact, if we have stimulus and normal inflation, then that is a very bad sign indeed, because that stimulus money is entirely replacing lost real GDP. Record inflation means the actual functional economy has probably hit bottom, but the problem is the economy is flush with stimulus cash.

UI that is higher than the true market rate for labor just delays the recovery, as we see with so many unfilled jobs that are not due to a shortage of available workforce.

You haven't established a shortfall in aggregate supply. When all businesses are reopening in a very short time, there will be considerable frictional unemployment. Wage growth is both desired and expected at this stage of the recovery.

Notice you have abandoned your "low wage growth" narrative.

An explosion in aggregate demand.

Are you dense? Your claim was it was the highest since 1982. I didn't make an argument that could be shot down by this response. I specifically noted 2020 reference points for various pricing indices.

Of course there was...

fredgraph.png

You are arguing that the spike in inflation in April was due to pandemic deflation, my point is that there was no pandemic deflation to explain the spike in April as you assert. Your second graph shows that pandemic deflation ended a year ago while your first graph shows that the deflation that did happen a year ago was so small that it doesn't register in YOY inflation numbers in your first graph.

So, again, no, your theory of "pandemic deflation" recovery is pushing inflation isn't supported by your own presented evidence.

No omitted put into context, what economic results did you expect with an economic shutdown and why isn't that an explanation for the poor results that you want to blame on Trump not your governor or the Democratic Congress

Odd that you don't apply that context in other areas.

Is that what economic policy is supposed to generate results? What are the results of liberal economic policies? this thread is about employment and the results are we are still 8 million below pre pandemic results, why are you so loyal to an ideology that generates those kind of results?

Is that what economic policy is supposed to generate results? What are the results of liberal economic policies? this thread is about employment and the results are we are still 8 million below pre pandemic results, why are you so loyal to an ideology that generates those kind of results?
All questions we've discussed before, and as I stated several posts ago, I have no interest in answering the same questions you've asked in other threads and I have responded. So I'll pass on the merry-go-round debate; I don't find repetition as enjoyable as you obviously do.

All questions we've discussed before, and as I stated several posts ago, I have no interest in answering the same questions you've asked in other threads where I already responded to. So I'll pass on the merry-go-round debate; I don't find repetition as enjoyable as you obviously do.
Then answer me this how do you judge your own personal performance, feelings or results?

Its high unemployment and high inflation, which is a violation of the Phillips Curve. Such a reality would mean the U.S. economy is in the toilet. Basic stuff here....

No, not really. It is certainly signs of awful fiscal policy, though. High unemployment and high inflation can only occur together when the government is forcing money into the economy that the economy can't use.

To stop stagflation you have to do the opposite of stimulus policy, you need to shrink the money supply.

And for reference, the current US money supply:

1620839797005.png

Odd that you don't apply that context in other areas.
So is this context? Obama takes office in January 2009 with a Democratic Congress? TARP spending already happening to capitalizing the banks? a stimulus bill sitting on his desk? Economic results including productivity increasing? Is that what you would call the depth of a recession?

It is context to say that a returning job is a new job created? Is it context to point out that 146 million were employed in April 2008 and we didn't get back to 146 million unit mid 2014?

Is it context to point out dollar growth and reality that percentage change doesn't spend?

Would love to have your definition of context and where I am not applying context?

Governors control when your state opens back up, check out the unemployment number in your state and ask is that the effect of your governor or economic policies? You can live in your basement in fear or you can get out and take personal responsibility for your actions. Most liberals will remain in their basements being fed by liberal policies
1. True, Governors did control what types of work was considered essential and non-essential and they controlled when states would re-open for business. I need to point out, however, the Governor of Alabama is a Republican. Our last "Safe at Home" order expired on April 30, 2021.

2. I don't have a basement and I've been gainfully employed for the last 30 years - was never laid off during the housing crisis/Great Recession and continued to work throughout the covid-19 pandemic.

What else you got?

I've already answered this too. You really need to keep an ongoing list of the questions you ask.
You raise the same issues over and over again expecting me to give a different answer, I expect you to answer the question at least once. If I missed your answer that is because I am taking on the same group of liberals here who never admit when wrong

So is this context? Obama takes office in January 2009 with a Democratic Congress? TARP spending already happening to capitalizing the banks? a stimulus bill sitting on his desk? Economic results including productivity increasing? Is that what you would call the depth of a recession?

It is context to say that a returning job is a new job created? Is it context to point out that 146 million were employed in April 2008 and we didn't get back to 146 million unit mid 2014?

Is it context to point out dollar growth and reality that percentage change doesn't spend?

Would love to have your definition of context and where I am not applying context?
Again, all questions you've asked repeatedly and we've discussed every single one in various threads. I remember, but you don't so that's unfortunate. I'll pass on your merry-go-round of the same questions ad infinitum.

1. True, Governors did control what types of work was considered essential and non-essential and they controlled when states would re-open for business. I need to point out, however, the Governor of Alabama is a Republican. Our last "Safe at Home" order expired on April 30, 2021.

2. I don't have a basement and I've been gainfully employed for the last 30 years - was never laid off during the housing crisis/Great Recession and continued to work throughout the covid-19 pandemic.

What else you got?
Then you realize that 3.8% is well below the national average and your state doesn't have the same problems the governor of California and NY has. Not sure why this is even an issue for you other than trying to pile on to a bogus argument from the radical left. Over 8 million jobs available so why are people still collecting unemployment

You raise the same issues over and over again expecting me to give a different answer, I expect you to answer the question at least once. If I missed your answer that is because I am taking on the same group of liberals here who never admit when wrong
Nope. I've answered all of your questions. You not remembering is a "you" problem.

Again, all questions you've asked repeatedly and we've discussed every single one in various threads. I remember, but you don't so that's unfortunate. I'll pass on your merry-go-round of the same questions ad infinitum.
Yep, that merry go round is what liberals are on repeating the same lies, distortions, and diversion from reality. Either answer the question or I don't see any reason to see any more of your posts

Bidenomics working great! Now all we need to do is pump another $2.3 trillion dollars into the economy for important things like high-speed choo-choos to take the unemployed places to spend stimulus money!

What could possibly go wrong?

Back
Top Bottom