• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:268] Unvaccinated 11 times more likely to die of COVID

Then why dont you libs count those with natural immunity in your calculations and in your authoritarian dictates?
Because at least some of the people who have natural immunity due to having had COVID were self diagnosed.

Are you afraid of needles? Why do you care?

That's what booster shots are for. When your so called "natural immunity" wanes are you gonna go out and ask somebody to cough in your face so you can get Covid again?
Do we know that natural immunity would require the equivalent of a "booster?"

Someone posted a study showing natural immunity to be far stronger than vaccine induced immunity.

Common sense tells me that my strategy of not masking, working in a school and therefore being constantly exposed to the virus, keeps my body fighting it and therefore immune.

I did vaccinate, but that was for the perceived social benefits, not for my health.

Someone posted a study showing natural immunity to be far stronger than vaccine induced immunity.

Common sense tells me that my strategy of not masking, working in a school and therefore being constantly exposed to the virus, keeps my body fighting it and therefore immune.

I did vaccinate, but that was for the perceived social benefits, not for my health.
A study that isn't peer reviewed with other issues as the my follow up shows. There are too many unknown variables regarding "natural immunity whereas we know much more regarding the effectiveness of vaccination.

A study that isn't peer reviewed with other issues as the my follow up shows.
But the point is that there is such a thing as natural immunity, and there is no reason to think that it is weaker than artificial immunity from a vaccination.

There are too many unknown variables regarding "natural immunity whereas we know much more regarding the effectiveness of vaccination.
We do? Since when?

Since two months ago when planeloads of fully vaccinated people flew to DC and infected Congress and the White House because we didn't know that vaccinated people could be re-infected and then infect others?

You're saying our knowledge has been perfected in the weeks since then?

But the point is that there is such a thing as natural immunity, and there is no reason to think that it is weaker than artificial immunity from a vaccination.

We do? Since when?

Since two months ago when planeloads of fully vaccinated people flew to DC and infected Congress and the White House because we didn't know that vaccinated people could be re-infected and then infect others?

You're saying our knowledge has been perfected in the weeks since then?
As you can see, the study found that even after the U.S. had become a “Delta house,” so to speak, those fully vaccinated were still around five times less likely to get infected, over ten times less likely to get hospitalized, and over ten times less likely to die from Covid-19. Those numbers, to borrow the words of Juicy J, ain’t nothing.

How did the study come up with these numbers? Magic? Intuition? A gut feeling? A deep conversation with a pillow? Well, the research team used real data, you know that thing that you are supposed to have before you make statements about Covid-19 vaccines? They looked at reported Covid-19 cases, hospitalizations, and deaths from April 4 to July 17 suffered by adults 18 years and older across 13 U.S. jurisdictions. These jurisdictions included Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Los Angeles County (California), Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York City (New York), North Carolina, Seattle/King County (Washington), and Utah. So it was a fairly broad sample.

Because at least some of the people who have natural immunity due to having had COVID were self diagnosed.

Are you afraid of needles? Why do you care?
This anti vaxxer guy figured he would have natural immunity...

This anti vaxxer guy figured he would have natural immunity...

I feel bad for these peoples loved ones. His children don't have a father now because daddy was stupid

I feel bad for these peoples loved ones. His children don't have a father now because daddy was stupid
Yep, there are over a hundred of these dead anti-vaxxers on the site now.

Nope, not even close. There's no way of knowing how long natural immunity will last...and who/how many are resistant to Delta. We know vaccine immunity requires boosters...are you assuming natural immunity is superior and is permanent? Do you have sources for that?

The vaccines reduce numbers of infections, period. The vaccinated spread it, esp. Delta, less. Vax can enhance natural immunity, most likely does. The more infections, the more replications...and the more potential for new variants.

So the unvaxxed are still spreading infection more. You dont know a damn thing about their 'natural immunity.' It doesnt seem all that great...since 98% of those getting serious illness/dying kinds proves it's not all that great.

You are very invested in doing anything, believing anything, that would validate not getting vaccinated (without medical reason). Why is that? (And of course I'm more than happy to answer that question myself from the opposite perspective.)
Where are you getting this from. How many people who have had the virus are getting it a second time and suffering a serious illness?

Happy to. What sources show Americans with natural immunity to identify, test, and 'calculate'?
Thats sort of the point. The simple minded left turns everything into an us vs them. There are three categories of people, not two. There are the vaccinated, the unvaccinated and those who have already had the virus and have a level of natural immunity to it.

Because the unvaccinated are overwhelming our health care system for one thing. What you do affects all of us, whether we're "libs" or "Karens" or whatever.
Thats a lie. Hospitals are not being overwhelmed

A study that isn't peer reviewed with other issues as the my follow up shows. There are too many unknown variables regarding "natural immunity whereas we know much more regarding the effectiveness of vaccination.
Lol peer reviewed. What the hell do you know about that? How many people who are dying of covid today have already had the virus once before? And when you cant find an answer to that question anywhere, sk yourself why that is

I am not vaccinated. Neither I or my wife will get the vaccination. Neither one of us is sick. I MAY have had a bout of it a few months back. Not sure. I go to Arizona on business where no one masks up. I never got a flu shot. Have had the flu maybe 4-5 times my whole life.

What is "wrong" with people like me not wanting the vaccine that contains poisons and all kinds of other things, including strains of different viruses?? Can someone help me here?

PS. Seems even you people who were vaccinated and spreading the new strain didn't affect me. I want all vaccinated to have a red X on their foreheads so I can maintain a safe distance from your infectious breath.

Where are you getting this from. How many people who have had the virus are getting it a second time and suffering a serious illness?
Please answer my post first.

Thats sort of the point. The simple minded left turns everything into an us vs them. There are three categories of people, not two. There are the vaccinated, the unvaccinated and those who have already had the virus and have a level of natural immunity to it.
I'm not knocking natural immunity or people with it. I believe I have some level of it, having likely had covid. But I certainly didnt have Delta.

So stop pretending and accusing. Address the facts and issues. And you ignored my question: Happy to. What sources show Americans with natural immunity to identify, test, and 'calculate'?

Thats a lie. Hospitals are not being overwhelmed
Yeah, they're all lying :rolleyes:

Five states, double the links to corroborate. And that's just the low-hanging fruit. See also: MS, TN, KY.

Lol peer reviewed. What the hell do you know about that? How many people who are dying of covid today have already had the virus once before? And when you cant find an answer to that question anywhere, sk yourself why that is

How many of the people who are dying of COVID are vaccinated?

How many of the people who are dying of COVID are vaccinated?
It's like they dont realize that of the vaccinated, many of us had covid and/OR were exposed to it (as I wrote earlier)...and all these sick and dying people now, 98% the unvaxxed...ALSO possibly already had and/OR were exposed to it in the last 18 months.

Can they really not figure this out? Natural immunity or not, it's not saving the unvaxxed from being very sick or dying.
facepalm-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif
At least...not to any level of significance.

I am not vaccinated. Neither I or my wife will get the vaccination. Neither one of us is sick. I MAY have had a bout of it a few months back. Not sure. I go to Arizona on business where no one masks up. I never got a flu shot. Have had the flu maybe 4-5 times my whole life.

What is "wrong" with people like me not wanting the vaccine that contains poisons and all kinds of other things, including strains of different viruses?? Can someone help me here?

PS. Seems even you people who were vaccinated and spreading the new strain didn't affect me. I want all vaccinated to have a red X on their foreheads so I can maintain a safe distance from your infectious breath.
Do you have children?

Four-year-old girl dies of Covid after anti-vaxxer mom contracts virus

Back
Top Bottom