• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says he will boycott Major League Baseball events after the league pulled its All-Star Game from Georgia (4/5/21)

None of this will end good for the gop. Once again they are choosing to be on the wrong side of change.

eh. glad I could help clarify that for you.

You clarified that you have either zero reading comprehension or you live in an alternative universe if that is the co conclusion you came to.

Either way you responded to quick to have had time to read tbe link to begin with...

Ohhhh nooo! Whatever will they do?

How hilarious that he's probably one of the few who even knew he was scheduled to do it in the first place.

Abbott also said Monday he was declining to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at the Texas Rangers' home opening game.

Gov. Greg Abbott on Monday announced he would not throw out the ceremonial first pitch at the Texas Rangers' home opening game and would boycott any other Major League Baseball events, citing the league's decision to pull its All-Star Game from Georgia in response to new voting restrictions there.

In a letter to a top Texas Rangers executive, Abbott said he had been “looking forward to" tossing out the first pitch " — until [MLB] adopted what has turned out to be a false narrative about the election law reforms in Georgia.”

“It is shameful that America’s pastime is not only being influenced by partisan political politics, but also perpetuating false political narratives,” Abbott said, adding that he “will not participate in an event held by MLB, and the State will not seek to host the All-Star Game or any other MLB special events.”
====================================================
Petty political games as GA & TX are working nights to make their states one-party fascist states.

I hope plenty of Rangers fans follow suit and don't crowd their stadium on Opening Day.

When the ex45- President is leading the charge ...
fixed it for you. :giggle:

I am tired of the partisan politics from BOTH sides.

Political leaders staying away from sports only improves the game for the fans.

I commend Abbots mostly symbolic gesture but unless fans follow suit it won't have much of an impact on MLB.

What these Organazations should be concerned about is all the special concessions the gov carves out for them as an incentive to do business in their states. Along with consumers finding alternative products to satisfy their needs.

I commend Abbots mostly symbolic gesture but unless fans follow suit it won't have much of an impact on MLB.

What these Organazations should be concerned about is all the special concessions the gov carves out for them as an incentive to do business in their states. Along with consumers finding alternative products to satisfy their needs.
There is always cricket

Then you can say fun things like "he bowled a wibbly-wobbly"

Abbott also said Monday he was declining to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at the Texas Rangers' home opening game.

Gov. Greg Abbott on Monday announced he would not throw out the ceremonial first pitch at the Texas Rangers' home opening game and would boycott any other Major League Baseball events, citing the league's decision to pull its All-Star Game from Georgia in response to new voting restrictions there.

In a letter to a top Texas Rangers executive, Abbott said he had been “looking forward to" tossing out the first pitch " — until [MLB] adopted what has turned out to be a false narrative about the election law reforms in Georgia.”

“It is shameful that America’s pastime is not only being influenced by partisan political politics, but also perpetuating false political narratives,” Abbott said, adding that he “will not participate in an event held by MLB, and the State will not seek to host the All-Star Game or any other MLB special events.”
Petty political games as GA & TX are working nights to make their states one-party fascist states.

Spoken like the true corporate-fascist Democrat. How DARE a politician deny the wishes of any billionaire or billion dollar corporation!!!

Really, everyone at the game should run out onto the ball field tossing balls between themselves - since it is a scientific fact professional athletes can't no be infected or infect anyone - but only while playing ball. The only places safer from covid-19 are crowded WalMart stores and Amazon Prime shipping centers.

Given all the deaths from super bugs in hospitals now, they should move all surgery to WalMart stores and professional sports arenas - but only areas where they play the sport for the profit of billionaires.

Actually, that IS the declared science. NO ONE can be infected by covid-19 if they are at a location where billionaires and mega billion dollar international corporations make money. Covid-19 is as submissive to the plutocrats as are most Democrats. The plutocrats ordered covid-19 to stay away from their businesses and covid-19 has complied. That's scientific fact proven by the scientists.

Political leaders staying away from sports only improves the game for the fans.
BOTH sides aren’t Reich-wing social engineers, implementing their political apartheid to cancel the votes of cultures they despise.

I don't have a problem with partisan politics. I do have a problem when the President is spewing demonstrable lies specifically intended at hurting the residents of one specific state, economically.

There is always cricket

Then you can say fun things like "he bowled a wibbly-wobbly"
Maybe, I dont pretend to know how this unfolds or what things look like at the end of the tunnel. It would not surpise me if the country polarizes to the point where we have a right and left version of everything. Banks, sports, movies, internet, restaurants, bars, everything you can imagine.

I don't have a problem with partisan politics. I do have a problem when the President is spewing demonstrable lies specifically intended at hurting the residents of one specific state, economically.
Then you must have had a bad time when Trump was President. :LOL:

The old saying is more true today , "if a politician lips are moving , they are telling lies."

The old saying is more true today , "if a politician lips are moving , they are telling lies."
Really all presidents have engaged in it. Its kinda part of the job description.

Pass HR1 so the idiot can throw his sportsballs around again. However, require a COVID passport to attend.

Not at all. Do you have any examples of President Trump spewing demonstrable lies specifically intended at hurting the residents of one specific state, economically? For that matter, any President, ever.

Pass HR1 so the idiot can throw his sportsballs around again. However, require a COVID passport to attend.
Curious - is it racist to required a "COVID passport" to vote?

You clarified that you have either zero reading comprehension or you live in an alternative universe if that is the co conclusion you came to.

Either way you responded to quick to have had time to read tbe link to begin with...
I believe I've seen that before. But the gist is that you are trying to say that republicans working to shore up issues in voting laws is fascism, which to be frank, is stupid.

Curious - is it racist to required a "COVID passport" to vote?

It isn't needed. Vote by mail. I did. Even the orange precious has voted by mail.

It isn't needed. Vote by mail. I did. Even the orange precious has voted by mail.
Not buying your party's bullshit about waiting in lines and water on lines? Don't blame you.,

Looks to me like Abbot is fighting fire with fire. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. How can you argue against that?

Looks to me like Abbot is fighting fire with fire. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. How can you argue against that?

So the patriot party is in the midst of boycotting multiple major professional sports and most of America’s most successful companies, don’t like it’s movies or music, and participated in an attempt to overthrow our democracy. It’s unclear what parts of America they still like.

LMAO.... Nobody is going to notice Abbot throwing out the first pitch at a Rangers game....

He’s only doing it cause Arlington is a shithole and he don’t wanna go.

Back
Top Bottom