• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll: 72% approve of Biden's handling of COVID-19

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

3/29/21
President Biden's handling of the coronavirus pandemic has a 72% approval rating among Americans, an ABC News/Ipsos poll indicates. That number was 68% just before Congress approved Biden's $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief bill. The increase may be at least partly be due to the law's passage. Details: Only 28% of Americans said they disapproved of Biden's coronavirus response. 60% approve of his handling of the economy, while 4 out of 10 Americans disapprove. Three out of four Americans approve of how the administration is handling vaccine distribution, the poll indicates.

Good, solid approval numbers (y)

Good, solid approval numbers (y)

Just this last week FEMA opened a vaccination site at the NFL stadium in Detroit.

They plan to vaccinate 5,000 to 6,000 people a day over the next 2 moths.

Meijer Registers 110,000 People for FEMA, State of Michigan Mass Vaccination Clinics; Schedules first 14,000 Appointments at Ford Field

Here is another article telling how to register and with a video showing how the concourse was set up for the vaccines.

Last edited:
Just this last week FEMA opened a vaccination site at the NFL stadium in Detroit.

They plan to vaccinate 5,000 to 6,000 people a day over the next 2 months.

I knew Ford Field was scheduled to become a vaccination site along with Nissan Stadium in Nashville. They joined 15 other NFL stadiums that already were COVID-19 vaccination sites.

I knew Ford Field was scheduled to become a vaccination site along with Nissan Stadium in Nashville. They joined 15 other NFL stadiums that already were COVID-19 vaccination sites.

In Michigan residents usually need to live in the county where the vaccine shot is given.

Detroit , Michigan already had a mass vaccination at TCF ( which use be the old Cobo Hall Convention site.)

But that was only open to Detroit residents and those who worked in Detroit.

Ford Field teamed with Meijer’s and FEMA to open their Venue and make the vaccinations available by registration to anyone in Michigan willing to drive there.

Detroit, Michigan already had a mass vaccination at TCF (which used be the old Cobo Hall Convention site.

But that was open to Detroit residents and those who worked in Detroit.

Ford Field teamed with Meijer’s and FEMA to open their Venue and make the vaccinations available by registration to anyone in Michigan.

I am sure it helps that Ford Field has a much bigger parking lot for drive-through vaccinations.

Were you vaccinated at TCF?

Would expect it to go higher given the details and delivery of his covid speech today! Not only is it clear he cares deeply about the American people, regardless of who they voted for, but he is pulling out all the federal stops to get people vaccinated ASAP given the irresponsible dropping of mask mandates, the increased travelling and the latest surge.

I'm afraid this new surge is going to be horrible and it seems to be hitting younger people worse than other surges have. Hospitalizations amongst young adults via skyrocketing and the Spring break travel hasn't manifested itself yet.

I am sure it helps that Ford Field has a much bigger parking lot for drive-through vaccinations.

Were you vaccinated at TCF?

Actually, my daughter and son in law were just vaccinated at Ford Field this past weekend.

It is not a drive through.

They park across the street ( Free with their vaccine pass )

Then either go in gate A or gate G depending on the asile they are assigned for their vaccinations which are in the concourse . The vaccinations are near the field area and the waiting areas with chairs and social distance are near the concession area.

This link has a video showing the set up of the concourse area.

TCF is drive thru in the heated parking garage area.

I live in a county northwest of Detroit and my husband and I were vaccinated inside a nearby hospital in January and had our dose in early February.

Last edited:
Would expect it to go higher given the details and delivery of his covid speech today! Not only is it clear he cares deeply about the American people, regardless of who they voted for, but he is pulling out all the federal stops to get people vaccinated ASAP given the irresponsible dropping of mask mandates, the increased travelling and the latest surge.

I'm afraid this new surge is going to be horrible and it seems to be hitting younger people worse than other surges have. Hospitalizations amongst young adults via skyrocketing and the Spring break travel hasn't manifested itself yet.

I expect it go higher also.

Besides the mass vaccination sites patterning with FEMA there are going to thousands of Pharmacies that will be administering vaccines into arms.

In fact all the Meijer’s stores in 6 Midwest stores will be vaccinating people immediately.

They aim to put 150,000 does into arms this week.

In an effort to increase access to the COVID-19 vaccine, Midwest retailer Meijer has now been identified by the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program as a partner to directly receive and administer doses of the vaccine in all the Midwest states it serves, recently adding Wisconsin, Illinois and Kentucky.

This expansion will allow the retailer to administer a total of 150,000 doses this week through clinics held at each of its stores throughout its six-state footprint, as well as offsite clinics.

Meijer had previously been named a Federal Retail Pharmacy Partner in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio. [/QzuOZtE]

From ClickOnD:

Back
Top Bottom