• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

One in every five cases of Covid nationwide are now in Florida

Feynman Lives!

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Desantis got himself and his donors vaccinated. So he believes his only job now is to look as much as he can like Trump. So he can get re-elected. Never mind that this will cause the loss of life of children who don't yet have the age to get their shot.

Desantis and Republicans in Florida eliminated the remote learning (in most counties) option for school children. They refuse to require masks in schools. They refuse to require Covid vaccines.... And we have one in every five cases in the country...

What could go wrong?

Anyone find out where the hell Ron Desantis goes for his apology already?

Desantis got himself and his donors vaccinated. So he believes his only job now is to look as much as he can like Trump. So he can get re-elected. Never mind that this will cause the loss of life of children who don't yet have the age to get their shot.

Desantis and Republicans in Florida eliminated the remote learning (in most counties) option for school children. They refuse to require masks in schools. They refuse to require Covid vaccines.... And we have one in every five cases in the country...

What could go wrong?

Let's not forget that in Summer 2020, DeathSantis's state was number one in the nation for daily new cases per capita for several weeks straight. They went even higher during the Karen Christmas of 2020.

Just so wrong but I think this may come back to bite him nationally if he doesn't move off the Trump train.

What could go wrong?

Holy shit, the situation in Florida right now is even worse than I thought.

Go to the third graph and select Data: New Cases/Day. Highlight Florida. See something weird?

That's right. Florida only updates their COVID-19 case counts once every week.

Each week, the Florida Department of Health will provide updates on the number of coronavirus cases, changes in positivity rate, vaccinations, and other statewide and county-by-county data.

Not even the MAGAt governors of Texas or South Dakota are committing that kind of scientific censorship...yet.

Just so wrong but I think this may come back to bite him nationally if he doesn't move off the Trump train.
He knows that if he moves off the Trump train he's left with nothing. He doesn't have the skills, the brains or the personality to be governor of a state. His only asset is the R next to his name. And that mean unwavering, complete and absolute loyalty to "The Prophet". Besides, he dreams of nothing else but being Trump's political heir. But he doesn't have the guts to act as openly criminally and immorally as the job requires. He tries... but he's too much of a coward to go all the way.

Go to the third graph and select Data: New Cases/Day. Highlight Florida. See something weird?

Not even the MAGAt governors of Texas or South Dakota are committing that kind of scientific censorship...yet.

Yeah. Kinda scary... Here's the data for the last 12 weeks.

1626467888040.png

DeSantis should defeat the Covid problem in Florida by passing a law banning the official reporting of new cases.

What could go wrong?
Yeah. Some states here are creeping up with numbers that dont look pleasant. I am increasingly pessimistic about the fall.

I mean, the UK was hit with delta about three weeks before the US. They have a really strong vaccination rate, unlike our red states, although the AZ vaccine they used was probably not as great - but way, way better than the 30% vax rates in the South. So what does it look like there?

D0C28B1F-EFE7-4231-A677-2FFB7C273523.jpeg

That’s right… projections are that as the UK fully reopens (FL is fully reopen, of course, as is the rest of the US, functionally) that they will spike because of delta to fairly significant levels. With extensive vaccination (88% have gotten at least one dose), this should not impact upon deaths too badly, but in the US, the Covidiots are unvaccinated and unprotected, so I would expect to see spikes in hospital admission (as we see now in MO) and eventually, thousands more deaths.

So theres your preview of a better scenario then we will have here. Too early to know if it will spike, but all signs point to ‘yes’.

I’ve been saying this from Day 1… there’s only one way outta this - vaccination or getting COVID. I have no idea why these yahoos think getting COVID is a preferable option.

But "my choice," freedoms, 'merica... and all that!

antis got himself and his donors vaccinated. So he believes his only job now is to look as much as he can like Trump. So he can get re-elected. Never mind that this will cause the loss of life of children who don't yet have the age to get their shot.

What could go wrong?

1626472464271.png

Gee, how did you forget Gavin Newsome of the list of required apologies?

When will Florida Man be renamed Covid Man?

Let's not forget that in summer 2020, DeathSantis' state was number one in the nation for daily new cases per capita for several weeks straight. They went even higher during the Karen Christmas of 2020.

There is no such thing as a Karen Christmas. It is just Christmas.

Florida also led the country in COVID-19 hospitalizations and death rates.

View attachment 67343179

Gee, how did you forget Gavin Newsome of the list of required apologies?

Difference being that California reports every day. Florida only every 7 days. So the 7-day average is useless. The number of cases per day is

This is Florida
1626474844782.pngAnd this is California (which reports daily)
1626474914439.png

We envy California... As a matter of fact, we envy EVERY other state right now.

Florida has been manufacturing their own numbers since mid last year when they fired the woman who was running the state health dashboard. As usual, she was fired for telling the truth. Seems to be a pattern with republicans.

If it wasn't for good investigative reporters, the public would have no idea what's going on with Covid in FL. DeSantis is killing his own people and doesn't seem to care.

Difference being that California reports every day. Florida only every 7 days. So the 7-day average is useless. The number of cases per day is

This is Florida
View attachment 67343185And this is California (which reports daily)
View attachment 67343186

We envy California... As a matter of fact, we envy EVERY other state right now.

I'm so sorry you're stuck there. Florida is a beautiful state run by horrible people.

2020 was the year of "I NEED to see my relatives, even though I might be endangering their lives by doing so." That's what the Karen Christmas of 2020 was.

Karen is nothing more than a feminine name. Period.

People with that attitude must lead miserable lives. They knew what Zoom, Skype, and Facetime are.

Karen is nothing more than a feminine name. Period.

People with that attitude must lead miserable lives. They knew what Zoom, Skype, and Facetime are.

Wait, this is about the Karen meme itself, isn't it. 😁

It's not sexist, no matter how much people think it is.

What could go wrong?

How many times have I read posts here screaming that FL is doing so well. They never did well and they had every advantage as did Tx as both are warm year round which works against virus spread.

How many times have I read posts here screaming that FL is doing so well. They never did well and they had every advantage as did Tx as both are warm year round which works against virus spread.
That is exactly right! And I keep wondering again and again why the media doesn't point out that fact more often. Florida should be compared to Hawaii... not New York.

That is exactly right! And I keep wondering again and again why the media doesn't point out that fact more often. Florida should be compared to Hawaii... not New York.

MSM is overwhelmed with "alternate news" that it must beat back daily.

It simply can't do it all.

This is the age of Trumpism. Lies, cheats, traitors on every corner.

Back
Top Bottom