• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No ID to Vote, But Dems Mandated IDs for COVID Vaccine

Did you have to show your driver's license to get the COVID vaccine?

It is not a driver's license, but yes I did have to show my state ID card. I never thought about asking people why it was necessary.

If photo ID cards should not be required for this you have to also argue against allowing people to see doctors without a state ID.

Not having people get their ID to vote, I guess??
We do have to use the ID to register to vote, which is vetted by the bureau of elections. Why do we need it twice because there is no evidence that people are committing vote afraid in a way that would be eliminated by a photo ID at the time of voting? I wonder if the morons who mouth this idiocy have ever voted themselves? It is very obvious from my perspective that we are doing a poor job of teaching statistics because anyone with a working knowledge of statistics would laugh at the Republican claims.

I didn't have to actually show my photo ID to get the COVID vaccine, but I had to give them my photo ID number.

Arizona already has a voter ID law. Link
But Trump and some Republicans didn't accept President Biden having legitimately won this state.

How many people will die for not having a voter ID vs not having been vaccinated? How many elections will be decided due to vote fraud vs how many people died for not being vaccinated?

Sorry - you are absolutely right.

We cannot mandate voter IDs per our super hard-working (HA!) VP Camel Harris explained that certain groups cannot get copier toner or paper or some other BS like that. No idea WTF she is babbling about. What an absolute utter disappointment as a VP. NONE worse in our country's entire history.

So, why don't you get off your high horse and stop bitching how the GOP stole the 2000 and 2016 elections?

Did I have to? Yes, because I went through CVS/Walgreens to get it. I could have gotten it in other places though without showing my ID card. The pharmacy wanted to charge my insurance though and felt responsible to also ensure people were who they say they are when showing up for an appointment.

With or without ID, you still have to provide "personal information" when you register to vote.

.... And you should have to prove who you are when voting that matches that "personal information". What is the big deal?

What the hell does it matter if you went to Walgreens or CVS vs. a different place for the vaccine? Why are they so special to violate law and mandate IDs - just because of an appointment made? I mean certainly if no ID required to vote, there cannot possibly be a law requiring an ID to get a COVID shot, right? That would make no sense at all ("...to ensure people were who they say they are...." - to quote you).

I went to a local non-brand pharmacy and had to show ID.

Except... how would Biden then get the list of unvaccinated people to send his gestapo thugs around to change their minds like he is now doing?

They need to know who you are when you get vaccinated because how else would they keep track of who is vaccinated and who they're supposed to bill for that medication.

Biden has repeatedly said that COVID vaccinations are free. i.e., no charge. The federal government is paying for it, he claims. That is one reason that Biden needs $599 Trillion dollars - or more.

Biden has repeatedly said that COVID vaccinations are free. i.e., no charge. The federal government is paying for it, he claims. That is one reason that Biden needs $599 Trillion dollars - or more.
Your insurance will pays for it 95% of the time. If your insurance doesn't pay then the government will pay or if you are uninsured. There is no cost to you to get vaccinated.

My insuirce paid for mine with no questions. They encouraged me to get vaccinated because it much cheaper than time in a hospital.

.... And you should have to prove who you are when voting that matches that "personal information". What is the big deal?

What the hell does it matter if you went to Walgreens or CVS vs. a different place for the vaccine? Why are they so special to violate law and mandate IDs - just because of an appointment made? I mean certainly if no ID required to vote, there cannot possibly be a law requiring an ID to get a COVID shot, right? That would make no sense at all ("...to ensure people were who they say they are...." - to quote you).

I went to a local non-brand pharmacy and had to show ID.

Except... how would Biden then get the list of unvaccinated people to send his gestapo thugs around to change their minds like he is now doing?
It shouldn't require much to prove who you are when voting and should be able to do it in various ways. I have used my signature pretty much every time, ,whether in person or by mail.

There is not a law or anything else requiring you to provide ID to a Covid shot. I provided evidence for this. Private companies simply didn't want to get sued for people stealing other people's appointments (when they were doing them only by appointments, which is when I got my vaccine).

President Biden doesn't have a list of unvaccinated people. Those doing door to door are going to everyone's house, even if you are vaccinated because they are trying to get the word out.

Maybe you should try being less uninformed about all of this.

VOTING FRAUD

Scanners verify the signature on the ballot.
While a signature can be faked it is very difficult.
Try faking another’s hand-writing or signature – it is very difficult.

While a few fake ballots may have gotten through in the 2020 general election you
should remember that Chris Krebs, Trump’s hand-picked chief of cyber-security said
that the 2020 election was the safest election in American history.

Additionally, Trump failed with his sixty lawsuits alleging voter fraud because he had
no supportive evidence.

A few states that did re-counts at Trump’s request actually found just a few more voted
for Biden.

Finally there is no reason to think that democrats would cheat more than republicans; to
the contrary republicans are found and convicted of election fraud more than democrats.
Even so, EVERYBODY involved in the process of tabulating election results says that voter
fraud is so low that it has no impact upon the general election.

So your claim of being open to voter fraud, while technically accurate, is realistically not
applicable.

VACCINATION – THE UNEXPEXTED

I gave you a very good reason (tainted batches) to record the names of those
vaccinated and you did not challenge it.

VACCINATION – TRUST

If you think that a pharmacist is incapable of greed and fraud then you are naïve.
To answer your question directly, I don’t trust anybody when it comes to money.

Priests have been found selling illegal recreational drugs from their churches.
Pharmacies were complicit in the OxyContin scandal in pushing Purdue’s garbage.
Clinics have even been convicted of using the identities of the deceased for billing
fraud. And maybe you heard of Theranos?

Btw, ballots are counted by machines in the general election, not people. So yes,
I trust ballot counting machines more than a pharmacist who can be tempted to
over-bill a state agency.

NEW JERSEY

I can’t speak for NJ. I don’t know what kind of verification goes on behind the scenes
once you check a box on your driver license and I suppose that you don’t either. But it
sounds like another conspiracy theory to delight those who don’t dig for details to verify
if their theory makes sense.

Just a note, unless you can show that it is historical that Republican are found more guilty of voter fraud or irregularity, the numbers are so few as to be statistically not valid. Otherwise, the Reps could say because so many of they, themselves, have committed voter fraud, we need more restrictive voter law. No kidding. No joke. These people are serious. Dems just look on.

Just a note, unless you can show that it is historical that Republican are found more guilty of voter fraud or irregularity, the numbers are so few as to be statistically not valid. Otherwise, the Reps could say because so many of they, themselves, have committed voter fraud, we need more restrictive voter law. No kidding. No joke. These people are serious. Dems just look on.

VERBOSITY

I can dig up proof that Republicans are found more guilty of voter fraud.

However you are repeating a point that I already made which is that
it is statistically insignificant because voter fraud has no meaningful
impact upon the general election and as such, I will not go through
the effort of finding the article.

It is not a driver's license, but yes I did have to show my state ID card. I never thought about asking people why it was necessary.

If photo ID cards should not be required for this you have to also argue against allowing people to see doctors without a state ID.

When I see a new doctor for the first time, they absolutely do ask for ID.

It shouldn't require much to prove who you are when voting and should be able to do it in various ways. I have used my signature pretty much every time, ,whether in person or by mail.

There is not a law or anything else requiring you to provide ID to a Covid shot. I provided evidence for this. Private companies simply didn't want to get sued for people stealing other people's appointments (when they were doing them only by appointments, which is when I got my vaccine).

President Biden doesn't have a list of unvaccinated people. Those doing door to door are going to everyone's house, even if you are vaccinated because they are trying to get the word out.

Maybe you should try being less uninformed about all of this.

I never said ID was required everywhere - I told of MY experience in New Jersey.

Maybe you should fully comprehend what you read.

I showed my ID when I registered to vote and receive my ballot by mail. I don’t need to show ID again, and neither does anyone else.

Sorry - you are absolutely right.

We cannot mandate voter IDs per our super hard-working (HA!) VP Camel Harris explained that certain groups cannot get copier toner or paper or some other BS like that. No idea WTF she is babbling about. What an absolute utter disappointment as a VP. NONE worse in our country's entire history.

So, why don't you get off your high horse and stop bitching how the GOP stole the 2000 and 2016 elections?

Any change in voter law that makes it more difficult to vote is unnecessary and uncalled for where there is no problem that needs solving.

Quote what I said that makes you believe I'm "bitching how the GOP stole the 2000 and 2016 elections". I made no such claim. You're just spreading falsehood and disinformation.

VERBOSITY

I can dig up proof that Republicans are found more guilty of voter fraud.

However you are repeating a point that I already made which is that
it is statistically insignificant because voter fraud has no meaningful
impact upon the general election and as such, I will not go through
the effort of finding the article.

We've both made the same point and I've seen the proof in question, which, as said, is not statistically valid. Though, one can argue, statistically, that though they be small numbers, given consistency over time of Reps more often committing fraud v Dems, year after year, the Reps are more guilty, though still not indicative of any real amount of fraud, anyway.

When I see a new doctor for the first time, they absolutely do ask for ID.

Do you have a problem with that? They do it for the same reason you have to show your driver's license for a COVID-19 shot.

How so? Understanding the diff would be if Trump were in office.

Oh... we can start with COVID infected illegal aliens entering the US with 33% of all illegals refusing the covid vaccine.

Any change in voter law that makes it more difficult to vote is unnecessary and uncalled for where there is no problem that needs solving.

Quote what I said that makes you believe I'm "bitching how the GOP stole the 2000 and 2016 elections". I made no such claim. You're just spreading falsehood and disinformation.

You're right on the last sentence - apologies.

Placed it in the wrong post.

So the democrats think it is racist and Biden refers to it as "Jim Crow 2.0" to have voters show ID when voting.

Democrats do not want an ID requirement to vote.

Yet Biden and the democrats went ahead and at least in New Jersey, our democratic Governor had a web site created that you go to., fill out personal information, then you select a location, then you are given an appointment.

When I got to the pharmacy for the vaccine, they demanded my driver's license (ID) and my medical insurance cards. If it's free - why the latter?

Why the ID? Well, we now know - so Biden can send his gestapo out and track down people who have not been vaccinated.

But this is a direct HIPPA violation - illegal under federal law. HIPPA is supposed to keep all medical records secure from others, including the government.

Yet Biden used the State DBs to find out who has not been vaccinated so he could send his goons out to twist arms to get vaccinated.

Impeachable offense, I believe.

Democrats couldn't care less about covid 19 either. They are letting hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens pour over the boarder without even testing.

This is all political.

Democrats couldn't care less about covid 19 either. They are letting hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens pour over the boarder without even testing.

This is all political.

Yes it is... future dem voters. Period.

So the democrats think it is racist and Biden refers to it as "Jim Crow 2.0" to have voters show ID when voting.

Yet Biden and the democrats went ahead and at least in New Jersey, our democratic Governor had a web site created that you go to., fill out personal information, then you select a location, then you are given an appointment.

When I got to the pharmacy for the vaccine, they demanded my driver's license (ID) and my medical insurance cards. If it's free - why the latter?

Why the ID? Well, we now know - so Biden can send his gestapo out and track down people who have not been vaccinated.

But this is a direct HIPPA violation - illegal under federal law. HIPPA is supposed to keep all medical records secure from others, including the government.

Yet Biden used the State DBs to find out who has not been vaccinated so he could send his goons out to twist arms to get vaccinated.

Democrats are perfectly fine with voter id when it's not cynically used as part of a broader effort to suppress the vote, so your entire premise is a failure.

It has nothing to do with HIPPA. It has to do with the waiver you had to sign. The government needs to know how many people are being vaccinated. The government is running the vaccination effort and paying for your vaccine.

Go ahead and try to impeach Biden for vaccinating U.S. citizens during a deadly pandemic.

Only in your delusional dreams.

Back
Top Bottom