• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

military is big government

Omniscient

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

big government is corrupt

its better to let every citizen buy a gun and a tank and all sorts of military gear

then the citizens can protect their own nation from invasion

and they wont go into other countries (which is immoral) like the government does with our tax dollars

disband the whole military. then tax people less and then the citizens will have more money to buy military gear of their own

anyone foreign power invades and the citizens can kill them

its better to let every citizen buy a gun and a tank and all sorts of military gear

and they wont go into other countries (which is immoral) like the government does with our tax dollars

disband the whole military. then tax people less and then the citizens will have more money to buy military gear of their own

That’s a laughably dumb idea.

First off, no one is going to invade America.

Secondly, if someone did invade America, a militia “army” is next to useless. The British were only able to burn DC in 1812 because the militias decided that gee, they didn’t much want to fight after all.

Thirdly, defending our allies isn’t “immoral” in the slightest.

Fourthly, letting any moron who wants one have tanks, attack helicopters, artillery and cruise missiles is a horrible idea.

Fifthly, what happens to the nukes? Surely you can’t expect the government to just hand over nuclear weapons to anyone who wants one.

Seriously, this is the worst idea I’ve heard all month....and that’s really saying something.

I bet you believe that all you have to do is buy a Steinway grand piano and you can be a classical concert pianist, too.

And if you download Charles Schwab investment software you can instantly become a Wall Street wolf.

Your title is accurate but your OP is dumb. You can't just hand randos weapons and expect them to be capable in national defense. You need to have training, maintenance, logistics, a chain of command to mass forces in a strategic manner, a chain of command for tactical actions on the battlefield, ect.

How would citizens having tanks do any good? At minimum most tanks require a crew of four and an even large support structure (fuel, maintenance, munitions, long distance transport).

How would citizens having tanks do any good? At minimum most tanks require a crew of four and an even large support structure (fuel, maintenance, munitions, long distance transport).

good

get rid of all the stupid subjects from school and give training then

get rid of latin and other useless courses like that
It's telling that you cut my entire post out and left only 5 words left in there. Btw...training never stops. You don't say, "Oh hey...I got trained. I don't have train anymore." You always have to train or your skills get rusty, so you can't just got to school for some shitty training and then expect that to be good forever afterwards.

It's telling that you cut my entire post out and left only 5 words left in there. Btw...training never stops. You don't say, "Oh hey...I got trained. I don't have train anymore." You always have to train or your skills get rusty, so you can't just got to school for some shitty training and then expect that to be good forever afterwards.

ya i forget everything i learned in school

so why do adults torture children with stupid school. just let them play

hmmm maybe because school is a form of abuse perpetuated against the weak

ya i forget everything i learned in school

so why do adults torture children with stupid school. just let them play

hmmm maybe because school is a form of abuse perpetuated against the weak
It's not about forgetting everything. It's about staying sharp and effective. That's how physical activity works.

The military is the biggest socialized sector in teh country.

Big brother takes care of everything for their employees.

And then when a "law abiding citizen" magically transforms into a mass shooter, they can kill hundreds in a single go.

But it's great that you have demonstrated your keen knowledge of how the military works and how Joe Schmoe the insurance salesman would be just fine against trained troops.

Congratulations. This is the stupidest post I've ever read on an internet forum.

The military is perhaps the only place which is largely free of corruption.

good

get rid of all the stupid subjects from school and give training then

get rid of latin and other useless courses like that
I think hardly anywhere teaches Latin anymore these days, so that's a strawman.

Look the premise is true, though the rest seems ill-thought out and designed to troll. The military IS big govt; the Right doesn't see it that way because 'Big Gubmint' for them is anything they don't like. But they loves them tanks and ships and shiny new fighter jets, and bombing brown kids back to the stone age for "freedumb!" So therefore the military - no matter how bloated and wasteful, will never be 'big govt' because it's too cool and looks great in the movies.

Our military is paid for my confiscating money from citizens.

I think hardly anywhere teaches Latin anymore these days, so that's a strawman.

Look the premise is true, though the rest seems ill-thought out and designed to troll. The military IS big govt; the Right doesn't see it that way because 'Big Gubmint' for them is anything they don't like. But they loves them tanks and ships and shiny new fighter jets, and bombing brown kids back to the stone age for "freedumb!" So therefore the military - no matter how bloated and wasteful, will never be 'big govt' because it's too cool and looks great in the movies.
The military is not there to control the actions and lives of the cirizenry at large. That’s the intended purpose of “big government.”

The military is not there to control the actions and lives of the cirizenry at large. That’s the intended purpose of “big government.”
And again, anything the Right doesn't like is intended to 'control the actions of the citizenry'. Shit, why have laws at all?

The military is perhaps the only place which is largely free of corruption.

Did you never serve? Ever heard of fraud, waste, and abuse? Ever heard of incompetent leaders being promoted because they have good PT scores and are part of the right clique? Ever heard of the entire fiasco regarding sexual assault investigations?

Back
Top Bottom