• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fact check: Ma'Khia Bryant did not approach police officers at the scene before shooting

PeacefulWarrior

I am not a robot.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fact-check-makhia-bryant-did-221520177.html

“After Being Attacked By Some Girls In Her Neighborhood, 16 Year Old Makhia Bryant Called The Columbus Ohio Police Dept For Help, After Police Made The Scene, Makhia Approached The Officer To Explain Her Situation And The Police Shot Her Around 4 Times [sic],” wrote user John McNeary

>Blatant LIES to push the false narrative.

"But the claim about approaching police before the shooting is incorrect. Bodycam footage and video from a neighbor’s security camera shows Bryant did not approach officers for assistance."

Now Columbus is rioting. Niiiiiice. As the media and imbeciles like LeBron James push their phony "racist Police" BS. There has got to be some accountability restored to media IMO. Of course they're trying to make the situation in Columbus some sort of race thing. Such nonsense.

How can Business Insider report Columbus, Ohio has one of the worst police departments, then go on to rank the same city #5 in the world for quality of life? The author of that article is totally clueless.

I've made it clear I want major police reform as much as almost anyone (short of outright abolishing)... but can we please not make this event the next hill to die on? Not every shooting of a POC involving a white cop should be considered a controversy. She was literally about to stab another person.

“After Being Attacked By Some Girls In Her Neighborhood, 16 Year Old Makhia Bryant Called The Columbus Ohio Police Dept For Help, After Police Made The Scene, Makhia Approached The Officer To Explain Her Situation And The Police Shot Her Around 4 Times [sic],” wrote user John McNeary

"But the claim about approaching police before the shooting is incorrect. Bodycam footage and video from a neighbor’s security camera shows Bryant did not approach officers for assistance."

Now Columbus is rioting. Niiiiiice. As the media and imbeciles like LeBron James push their phony "racist Police" BS. There has got to be some accountability restored to media IMO. Of course they're trying to make the situation in Columbus some sort of race thing. Such nonsense.
Correction; you hope Columbus is rioting so you can say, 'see, told ya'.

I've hunted but the only thing I found was one local headline (couldn't access the story) saying there have been protests and there was one last night. No riots reported. Vigils and protests. If you've found something different, please share a link.

I've hunted but the only thing I found was one local headline (couldn't access the story) saying there have been protests and there was one last night. No riots reported. Vigils and protests. If you've found something different, please share a link.

There is no protest too small, too peaceful, that won't be labeled as a violent BLM riot by the usual suspects on the right.

Back
Top Bottom