• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Capitol riot suspect’s ‘I Was There’ shirt helps confirm his role, prosecutors say (3/30/21)

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Garret Miller’s attire on day of his arrest appears to be only part of the self-incriminating evidence

If any of the Texas police officers who came to detain Capitol riot suspect Garret Miller were not sure they had the right man, the T-shirt they found him wearing offered something of a clue: it featured a photograph of Donald Trump and the slogan “I Was There, Washington DC, 6 January 2021”.

Prosecutors say Miller’s attire on the day of his arrest in Dallas was only part of the self-incriminating evidence he provided to confirm his role in the deadly insurrection incited by Trump’s efforts to overturn his election defeat.

Police say they found weapons, ammunition and tactical gear including night vision goggles, ropes and grappling hooks, plus crossbows and arrows, at Miller’s house.
A succession of social media posts by the unemployed 34-year-old on the day of the riot and its immediate aftermath was also highlighted in a federal court filing prosecutors hope will persuade a judge not to release Miller on bond before his trial.
===================================================================================
On Facebook on 6 January, Miller allegedly posted a selfie from inside the Capitol, prompting another user to write: “Bro you got in?! Nice!

It's not surprising to me that idiots like this guy should worship another idiot named Trump.

Garret Miller’s attire on day of his arrest appears to be only part of the self-incriminating evidence

If any of the Texas police officers who came to detain Capitol riot suspect Garret Miller were not sure they had the right man, the T-shirt they found him wearing offered something of a clue: it featured a photograph of Donald Trump and the slogan “I Was There, Washington DC, 6 January 2021”.

Prosecutors say Miller’s attire on the day of his arrest in Dallas was only part of the self-incriminating evidence he provided to confirm his role in the deadly insurrection incited by Trump’s efforts to overturn his election defeat.

Police say they found weapons, ammunition and tactical gear including night vision goggles, ropes and grappling hooks, plus crossbows and arrows, at Miller’s house.
A succession of social media posts by the unemployed 34-year-old on the day of the riot and its immediate aftermath was also highlighted in a federal court filing prosecutors hope will persuade a judge not to release Miller on bond before his trial.
===================================================================================
On Facebook on 6 January, Miller allegedly posted a selfie from inside the Capitol, prompting another user to write: “Bro you got in?! Nice!

It's not surprising to me that idiots like this guy should worship another idiot named Trump.

Stupid is as stupid does!

Stupid is as stupid does!
But wait! There's more! (Lots more)

If you’re going to threaten to kill someone for outing your presence at the Capitol on Jan. 6, it’s probably not a great idea to record it in an online video and say “You can play that for the D.A. in court.”
See Page 7
Interstate communication of a threat is a federal crime punishable by up to five years in prison. Tampering with a witness through intimidation carries a potential maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.

If you’re going to threaten to kill someone for outing your presence at the Capitol on Jan. 6, it’s probably not a great idea to record it in an online video and say “You can play that for the D.A. in court.”
See Page 7
Interstate communication of a threat is a federal crime punishable by up to five years in prison. Tampering with a witness through intimidation carries a potential maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.

I hope he enjoys making license plates for USPS trucks.

He took a selfie in the Capitol Building!? Oh, the horror!!!

Thank God they were able to track him down before he was able to take another selfie.

He sounds almost as dangerous as the woman who disobeyed her husband's order to stay home, and was pictured texting on Capitol grounds.

Prosecutors say Miller’s attire on the day of his arrest in Dallas was only part of the self-incriminating evidence he provided to confirm his role in the
deadly insurrection incited by Trump’s efforts to overturn his election defeat.

Serious questions;

1) Found at millers house, to which he did NOT bring to the 01/06/2021 date. Meaning this inciteful point is irrelevant and implication of such has no relevance as he broke NO laws.?

2) He posted a selfie inside. With a friend replying "Bro you got in?!" To imply "Deadly Insurrection" does his action of posting a selfie and a friend replying "bro you got in" Imply an act of insurrection or does it imply trespassing and entering a government building illegally.

So what part did he commit insurrection?
Secondly what evidence implies such action?

Or is he guilty of trespassing and other such actions WHICH he should be held FULLY responsible for, but to "incite" any other baseless accusations and charges is materially false and would not hold up in court. So why do people do that?

Thank God they were able to track him down before he was able to take another selfie.

He sounds almost as dangerous as the woman who disobeyed her husband's order to stay home, and was pictured texting on Capitol grounds.
Why was their evidence he intended on being part of yet another terrorist attack???

Maybe start a fire at a BLM protest???

Serious questions;

1) Found at millers house, to which he did NOT bring to the 01/06/2021 date. Meaning this inciteful point is irrelevant and implication of such has no relevance as he broke NO laws.?

2) He posted a selfie inside. With a friend replying "Bro you got in?!" To imply "Deadly Insurrection" does his action of posting a selfie and a friend replying "bro you got in" Imply an act of insurrection or does it imply trespassing and entering a government building illegally.

So what part did he commit insurrection?
Secondly what evidence implies such action?

Or is he guilty of trespassing and other such actions WHICH he should be held FULLY responsible for, but to "incite" any other baseless accusations and charges is materially false and would not hold up in court. So why do people do that?

They have him on video in the Capitol doing whatever to get himself 10 years making license plates for USPS trucks.

See Page 7
See you in 2050 Garret.

Reactions: jpn
They have him on video in the Capitol doing whatever to get himself 10 years making license plates for USPS trucks.

That is your assumption?

1) The comments of " Police say they found weapons, ammunition and tactical gear including night vision goggles, ropes and grappling hooks, plus crossbows and arrows, at Miller’s house. " Is 100% irrelevant, and intended to project something that has NOTHING to do with the charges he face?

2) Get him self 10 years making license plate. Are you aware of the charges? And do you think he would actually face 10 years?

"He was indicted by a grand jury in February on 12 counts, including civil disorder, obstruction of an official proceeding and assaulting, resisting or impeding officers."

Dont get me wrong he is a scumbag.... I am not defending at all his actions. But the to imply something that is not factually true or likely will not hold up in court as legitimate evidence to the charges he face is well, dishonest.

Lastly in the piece

"Miller is among more than 300 people facing federal charges for participating in the attack that claimed five lives, including a Capitol police officer."

This again being intellectually misleading.

A women lost her life, by a seemingly legal and defensible discharge of a firearm since she knowingly entered a demarcation line.

3 individuals died to medical conditions at the event, but not due to the "attack" lump this is 100% false and misleading

An officer died at the event, but currently the cause of death has been retracted from the original accusation of homicide by blunt trauma from a fire extinguisher. The autopsy disputes this claim and the current information indicates the officer communicated with family that he was alright after the initial clash.

The attack it self did not claim 5 lives.

It may have claimed 2 lives at most. But one life was initiated itself by the protester encroaching an area she should not have been PERIOD.

The Officer that lost his life is STILL unknown.

intellectually false reporting and this is a displace of "False incitement"

AGAIN those that committed their actions SHOULD held 100% accountable and face the full extent of the law. BUT that should be relevant to the ACTUAL actions and not opinions or assumptions of or false escalation's of actions .

He's an insurrectionist. Sugarcoat it all you like.

Dont get me wrong he is a scumbag.... I am not defending at all his actions.
Yes you are. Are you trying to fool us or have you fooled yourself?

Yes you are. Are you trying to fool us or have you fooled yourself?

What makes you think that. I am trying to imply that accurate reporting should be done. Opinions and correlations NOT relevant to the charges as well as accusations or not accurate. Imply in accurate information distorts facts.

I am asking why is it relevant to state, they found weapons & gears at his home? This not a crime to have that I am aware of? Did he posses anything illegal at the time of 01/06/2021? If not that would NOT be admissible into court as that is projection?

Secondly. within the report, that the "attack claimed 5 lives". The EVENT claimed 5 lives. the attacked claimed 2 lives potentially but that is still within dispute. And the actual the attack itself well "semantically" and are you going to be dishonest, that the media is NOT trying to imply the participants are the reason for the attack and the reason for the deaths?

Again why cant we just get a report that provides the faction information rather than opinionated NON relevant projections.

where in my post am I defending the individual?

Back
Top Bottom