• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ammo shortage is a bitch.

Restricting the rights of people to bear arms has done nothing to stop people from getting their hands on guns.

Well you have to go outside of the USA for evidence

The best example would be the UK, where guns are banned and gun crime - though not totally unknown - is very rare

The sad reality is criminals have no trouble finding guns illegally....

How much trouble do criminals in the UK have to go to - bearing in mind that your average armed robber is basically on a subsistence level of survival and hardly super rich

...making more laws is not the solution. Educating the people who are losing their right to bear arms so they don't lose their right is the answer. If they cannot be rehabilitated then they do not belong back on the streets. That is the problem with our judicial system. Releasing dangerous people back into society is the wrong answer. This what needs to be addressed. Restricting the rights of law abiding people is clearly not the solution.

So the only solution is to pass laws that ban guns*

Sorry but "educating people who are losing their right, so they don't lose their right" ?
This makes no sense

So you would allow released felons to have guns - if they receive this "education" ?

If a felon, convicted of a violent crime (say assault) has served the sentence handed out by the judge, what mechanism would you use to keep them in jail ?

How can you have an unrestricted supply of guns to the "law abiding" and not create a de-facto unrestricted supply to prohibited people ?

*Subject to exemptions discussed previously

Well you have to go outside of the USA for evidence

The best example would be the UK, where guns are banned and gun crime - though not totally unknown - is very rare

How much trouble do criminals in the UK have to go to - bearing in mind that your average armed robber is basically on a subsistence level of survival and hardly super rich

So the only solution is to pass laws that ban guns*

Sorry but "educating people who are losing their right, so they don't lose their right" ?
This makes no sense

So you would allow released felons to have guns - if they receive this "education" ?

If a felon, convicted of a violent crime (say assault) has served the sentence handed out by the judge, what mechanism would you use to keep them in jail ?

How can you have an unrestricted supply of guns to the "law abiding" and not create a de-facto unrestricted supply to prohibited people ?

*Subject to exemptions discussed previously
I suggest you move to the UK where there in no crime thanks to banning guns.

I suggest you move to the UK where there in no crime thanks to banning guns.
pipewrench.....pipewrench.....pipewrench....... don't, I repeat, don't , follow him down the rabbit hole. In his sophomoric and inarticulte way, he's trolling you, and everyone else he can on this forum. But at least he's up front about what he really thinks, unlike many liberals here. You do know you can't reason with him, right?

Good grief.

...and then the USA will become a fascist dictatorship.

The RW is usually so nationalistic and patriotic, it won't entertain any notion that the USA isn't #1

Yet suggest that democracy in their Republic is therefore less robust than in other countries, notably the UK, and their "circuits" overheat with contradictory positions.

...and then the USA will become a fascist dictatorship.

The RW is usually so nationalistic and patriotic, it won't entertain any notion that the USA isn't #1

Yet suggest that democracy in their Republic is therefore less robust than in other countries, notably the UK, and their "circuits" overheat with contradictory positions.
See pipewrench.............. Rabbit Hole. Don't go down the rabbit hole. Nothing but crazy down the rabbit hole.

See pipewrench.............. Rabbit Hole. Don't go down the rabbit hole. Nothing but crazy down the rabbit hole.

Indeed, speculating that a gun ban is a sure fire step on a slippery slope to a fascist dictatorship is just such a journey that even Alice wouldn't want to make.

Why don't you move to somewhere like El Salvador, gun homicides are even higher than the USA - surely there can be no crime ?
No. All the problems down there are all the fault of our government. These countries would be wonderful successful paradises if our government didn't force the people of these countries to be so terrible. That is why they are all fleeing here. They want us to use our guns to provide them with protection and the freedom they cannot attain for themselves.

pipewrench.....pipewrench.....pipewrench....... don't, I repeat, don't , follow him down the rabbit hole. In his sophomoric and inarticulte way, he's trolling you, and everyone else he can on this forum. But at least he's up front about what he really thinks, unlike many liberals here. You do know you can't reason with him, right?
Do you really think he believes the nonsense he is spewing?

Almost all calibers are out of stock. Except one. 7.62x54R. Good old Wolf brand, Russian made, in stock. Always liked Prvi Partizan brand, cool name, but out of stock. This 1942 Tula armory made Russian rifle shoots this caliber.
image.jpg

It's all about gun control. :)
My Dad bought one just like that for around $14 dollars from the Sears catalog. Used it for hunting deer in ND. That was in the sixties. I think he could only get ammo made by Norma.

the wholesalers are the main source for the massive price increases.
They have been getting lots of help. I work in wholesale plumbing supply. Prices are rising on everything. But that is due to manufacturing shortages. Every time anyone at a lot of these factories gets Covid19 the factory is shut down for 2 weeks. It does not matter if the person did not contract it at work and has not brought it to work. Factories are not light switches you can turn off and on. So 2 weeks sets them back another week or more. Do that every other month and production is halved if not worse. Luckily I have a conservative boss who has never shut down and we have not a single case of the virus where I work. 12 stores in the heart of the NE running smoothly since the outbreak. Yes 2 of our younger guys contracted covid19 but they stayed home and were paid by our boss. His policy is simple. If you are sick I will pay you to stay home and if you knowingly bring it to work you will be fired. His policy works.

IDK, but do on-line suppliers get their supplies direct from the manufacturer ?
some do, some don't. I know the following

1) the cost To Winchester, Remington (which has had some issues in ownership but I know their main umbrella corporation just bought another major ammo producing factory in Arkansas I believe) etc-the places that produce ammo including the weak link in the supply chain-primers-have not seen the cost of their raw materials TRIPLE in the last year

2) I know the main buyers for two major retail (admittedly not anywhere near Walmart, Dicks, Academy or Cabelas/Bass Pro) stand alone stores. Both told me that say the 50 rounds of ammo they bought for 7 dollars and sold for 10 dollars a year ago are costing them 26 dollars and they sell it for 29.95 now. Its the wholesalers that are jacking up the costs big time

3) in late 2012, 2013,SandyHook and the Democrats' yapping for gun bans caused massive buying of guns and ammo. 22 Ammo was really hard to find. there were conspiracy theories about the government buying up trillions of rounds to deprive the public. I worked for DOJ then and I knew people I could trust -from a US senator, to a former US AG, to some top ATF officials. I knew it was bullshit-it was mainly employees of big box stores buying stuff before it hit the shelves, and scalped the stuff at gun shows or flea markets

Big sellers like AIM SURPLUS (12 minutes from my home) CABELAS, BROWNELLS and MIDWAY USA were constantly sold out, but when the stuff came into stock (I'd get emails-If I did not buy within 15 minutes I was SOL) it was not selling for much more (if any) than what it sold before Lanza massacred those kids and the Democrats started screaming for bans

It is different now. I bought 1000 rounds of "MagTech" 115 grain FMJ from MIDWAY USA 13 months ago for under 200 dollars (and that included shipping and tax (yeah they charge tax despite being in MO). I got a notice 8 weeks ago it was back in stock for 329/1000. One of my good friends used to work for Midway, she was on our 96 Olympic team and now is a prominent youth shotgun coach. While she no longer works for Midway, her current profession keeps her well connected with those who sell shotgun ammo. It's the wholesalers she says. However, these big retailers might well get SOME ammo direct from the makers so they might be jacking things up as well

C'mon Rich...... Gun crime in the UK is low because there is but a fraction of black market guns available there than there is here. Stop being disingenuous.

C'mon Rich...... Gun crime in the UK is low because there is but a fraction of black market guns available there than there is here. Stop being disingenuous.
violent crime in the UK was always low-long before gun bans started. However, violent crime has been increasing steadily in the last 30 years

some do, some don't. I know the following

1) the cost To Winchester, Remington (which has had some issues in ownership but I know their main umbrella corporation just bought another major ammo producing factory in Arkansas I believe) etc-the places that produce ammo including the weak link in the supply chain-primers-have not seen the cost of their raw materials TRIPLE in the last year

2) I know the main buyers for two major retail (admittedly not anywhere near Walmart, Dicks, Academy or Cabelas/Bass Pro) stand alone stores. Both told me that say the 50 rounds of ammo they bought for 7 dollars and sold for 10 dollars a year ago are costing them 26 dollars and they sell it for 29.95 now. Its the wholesalers that are jacking up the costs big time

3) in late 2012, 2013,SandyHook and the Democrats' yapping for gun bans caused massive buying of guns and ammo. 22 Ammo was really hard to find. there were conspiracy theories about the government buying up trillions of rounds to deprive the public. I worked for DOJ then and I knew people I could trust -from a US senator, to a former US AG, to some top ATF officials. I knew it was bullshit-it was mainly employees of big box stores buying stuff before it hit the shelves, and scalped the stuff at gun shows or flea markets

Big sellers like AIM SURPLUS (12 minutes from my home) CABELAS, BROWNELLS and MIDWAY USA were constantly sold out, but when the stuff came into stock (I'd get emails-If I did not buy within 15 minutes I was SOL) it was not selling for much more (if any) than what it sold before Lanza massacred those kids and the Democrats started screaming for bans

It is different now. I bought 1000 rounds of "MagTech" 115 grain FMJ from MIDWAY USA 13 months ago for under 200 dollars (and that included shipping and tax (yeah they charge tax despite being in MO). I got a notice 8 weeks ago it was back in stock for 329/1000. One of my good friends used to work for Midway, she was on our 96 Olympic team and now is a prominent youth shotgun coach. While she no longer works for Midway, her current profession keeps her well connected with those who sell shotgun ammo. It's the wholesalers she says. However, these big retailers might well get SOME ammo direct from the makers so they might be jacking things up as well
The bottom line is every time the left resume control of our government gun and ammo sales increase. The gun and ammo companies see record profits from the left scare tactics on gun control.

No. All the problems down there are all the fault of our government. These countries would be wonderful successful paradises if our government didn't force the people of these countries to be so terrible. That is why they are all fleeing here. They want us to use our guns to provide them with protection and the freedom they cannot attain for themselves.

They have a shortage of guns in El Salvador ?

They have a shortage of guns in El Salvador ?
Not for long. Biden may do an Obama fast and furious down there giving thousands of assault rifles to their criminals.

Back
Top Bottom