• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Almost 4,000 fully vaccinated people in Massachusetts have tested positive for COVID-19

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
There you have it. WHO says don’t vax children (contrary to Biden swing get er done) and now 4K of those vaccinated get Covid anyway. What return on investment?
——-
Nearly 4,000 fully vaccinated people in Massachusetts have tested positive for COVID-19, according to recent data from the state Department of Public Health.

If you were informed you'd realize that the vaccine does not prevent you from contracting COVID-19. Nobody ever claimed it would.

Your ignorance continues to impress.

As the article points out that number is expected. The good news is that the viral load is very low for vaccinated people.

Do you not read your own linked articles?

And how many of them developed severe symptoms? That is the only important question since we already knew that the vaccine was not 100% effective in contracting COVID (something along the lines of 93% effective I think).

Based on that, it would mean something like 60k people were likely exposed to COVID, which would make sense in a population dense area.

There you have it. WHO says don’t vax children (contrary to Biden swing get er done) and now 4K of those vaccinated get Covid anyway. What return on investment?
——-
Nearly 4,000 fully vaccinated people in Massachusetts have tested positive for COVID-19, according to recent data from the state Department of Public Health.

One in 1000 people. Those odds are great. Thanks for sharing the good news.

Here is what the Boston Hearld reported

There have been 3,791 COVID cases out of more than 3.7 million fully vaccinated people as of June 12. That breaks down to 0.1% of vaccinated individuals testing positive for coronavirus in Massachusetts.

The Fox article left of the last sentence.

As the article points out that number is expected. The good news is that the viral load is very low for vaccinated people.

Do you not read your own linked
One in 1000 people. Those odds are great. Thanks for sharing the good news.
And my odds of contacting and dying from Covid unvaccinated are better than that. So why vaccinate?

Do you not read your own linked articles?

I think the preference is that *we* don’t.

If you were informed you'd realize that the vaccine does not prevent you from contracting COVID-19. Nobody ever claimed it would.

And neither does a mask. I already had terrific odds of not dying from Covid 👍

Here is what the Boston Hearld reported

There have been 3,791 COVID cases out of more than 3.7 million fully vaccinated people as of June 12. That breaks down to 0.1% of vaccinated individuals testing positive for coronavirus in Massachusetts.

The Fox article left of the last sentence.
Those are fantastic results. The fact that the 3,791 have milder symptoms and lower viral loads is also very good news. Lower viral loads means less ability to infect others.

This is the worst self-own I've ever seen on the forum.
@VySky made another good one this morning where he hated on the WHO but praised them at the same time.

"And my odds of contacting and dying from Covid unvaccinated are better than that. So why vaccinate?"

?? The same reasons there were 6 months ago. To reduce your symptoms, and to reduce the spread to those of greater risk.
And if your actual odds of contracting it really are better, it's only because so many people have already done the responsible, adult thing of getting vaccinated. How do you not get that by now?

Try to catch up.

And neither does a mask. I already had terrific odds of not dying from Covid 👍
You said:
"And my odds of contacting and dying from Covid unvaccinated are better than that. So why vaccinate?"

The .01 percent has nothing to do with dying of Covid it is the percentage of those vaccinated who tested positive for the virus. For those fully vaccinated the percent who will contract it and die is likely closer to zero.

Acceptable risk. Now everyone gets to assume some. 🇺🇸
Close to 4 million dead. Who cares?

Didn't Mao and Stalin say the same thing?

The OP also misleads by saying the WHO advises "don’t vax children" by not mentioning the WHO reason is because there is a global shortage to the poor countries where the rate of vaccination is 1/500 vs high-income countries 1/4 and to not instead distribute to those countries vs children whom are at the lowest possible risk is "moral catastrophe". Much like the RW misled on the point of why Fauci said to not wear masks by not mentioning that authorities were trying to prevent a mask shortage for health workers.

Another RW OP fail.

OMG!

I thought we had educated folks on here.

Vaccines don't PREVENT you from getting Covid, sheesh!!

Someone needs to read a medical textbook!

Back
Top Bottom